Week 2: Oneida @ York

crow

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Your D is always prepared it seems. We normally have a low scoring game against you all regardless of the outcome. Who's gonna be your first real test of the season? Rockwood plays Sweetwater this week, I'm anxious to see the outcome. It will tell me about how good Rockwood is gonna be on the year. At a guess I'd bet Sweetwater wins by 14+

If I was a betting man. I would have to go with them fellers over there at Greenback will be our toughest test out of the first 4. I know some people are sayin Wartburg is the real deal this year. I’ll have to see it to believe it. Luckily we have Wartburg and Greenback at home. I know Greenback isn’t a region but it’s a huge rivalry. I’m not gonna overlook anybody though. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

D settled in the second half. I think they had less than 50  yards Of offense the after halftime. Overall we looked like an inexperienced team playing for the first time. A lot of confusion and misalignment, several timeouts burned that we typically don’t see. Honestly other than a lineman or two I didn’t recognize a single player out there. We were setting in and we have potential to do some things very well. Just gotta recognize our potential. 

I was told almost exact thing yesterday that if this team can find their identity then they could be dangerous. 

4 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I was told almost exact thing yesterday that if this team can find their identity then they could be dangerous. 

IF, huge IF, but IF they figure a couple things out we will cause a lot of problems for most teams. IF we turn that corner it’ll be really fun to watch. Potential is there but we are not there yet. Got a lot closer the second half than we were the first and still a long way to go. Just gotta get better each week. The tools are there. 

Edited by crow

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

I tried to see if your game was on YouTube or anything. They YouTube lived ours if you want to see it, it's on there. Would like to see yours.

I’ll have to check that out. Our local tv usually goes and films but it’s always played the next day. I don’t use local tv so I don’t know if it’s on there or not. Crow?? 

16 minutes ago, crow said:

IF, huge IF, but IF they figure a couple things out we will cause a lot of problems for most teams. IF we turn that corner it’ll be really fun to watch. Potential is there but we are not there yet. Got a lot closer the second half than we were the first and still a long way to go. Just gotta get better each week. The tools are there. 

I agree that’s it’s a huge IF however I have seen the tools that are there to work with and are very encouraging. I’ll ask you same question Yeti asked me. What do you see as our toughest test coming up?

7 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I agree that’s it’s a huge IF however I have seen the tools that are there to work with and are very encouraging. I’ll ask you same question Yeti asked me. What do you see as our toughest test coming up?

Depends you talking on the season? You talking about what I think our first likely loss? Y’all gotta define the parameters of the question. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

Depends you talking on the season? You talking about what I think our first likely loss? Y’all gotta define the parameters of the question. 

Yeah I guess you could say that. Who are we gonna have to strap em up a little tighter and fight thru adversity and we may have had some of that with OS. 

11 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I’ll have to check that out. Our local tv usually goes and films but it’s always played the next day. I don’t use local tv so I don’t know if it’s on there or not. Crow?? 

I didn’t see either school get replayed yesterday. Also until the second game last year a channel called sfn.tv had all Oneida and Scott games on YouTube right after the game. They continue to upload board meetings and the like but no football games since OS last year. Not sure what happened there. 

1 minute ago, Spike016 said:

Yeah I guess you could say that. Who are we gonna have to strap em up a little tighter and fight thru adversity and we may have had some of that with OS. 

We did. We’ll likely struggle at times with YAI. I expect to be a little more in tune for wartburg, I think greenback is gonna be a game. Cumberland gap unless they’ve improved is still rebuilding. Upperman is gonna be tough. Rockwood is always a close one. Meigs, they’re the man, don’t know if we’ve got much for them but they’ll know they played a game. Coalfield, they smashed wartburg so either they’re better than everyone anticipated or wartburg isn’t very good. I’m not sure which yet. Kings academy could be anything. Depends on who they’ve brought in. They could be world beaters or they could be awful. Have to wait and see. Overall steepest hill is meigs until proven otherwise but Upperman may be the best team we play to. Neither are to be taken lightly. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

We did. We’ll likely struggle at times with YAI. I expect to be a little more in tune for wartburg, I think greenback is gonna be a game. Cumberland gap unless they’ve improved is still rebuilding. Upperman is gonna be tough. Rockwood is always a close one. Meigs, they’re the man, don’t know if we’ve got much for them but they’ll know they played a game. Coalfield, they smashed wartburg so either they’re better than everyone anticipated or wartburg isn’t very good. I’m not sure which yet. Kings academy could be anything. Depends on who they’ve brought in. They could be world beaters or they could be awful. Have to wait and see. Overall steepest hill is meigs until proven otherwise but Upperman may be the best team we play to. Neither are to be taken lightly. 

I would agree with you. I guess the only thing that surprises me outta this whole thing was the CF and Wartburg score. I really thought Wartburg May have something this year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I would agree with you. I guess the only thing that surprises me outta this whole thing was the CF and Wartburg score. I really thought Wartburg May have something this year. 

I was surprised how easily coalfield won not that they did. A lot of folks thought coalfield might struggle but they seem to be clicking pretty good. I don’t know where the wartburg hype came from, they lost a ton of skill positions and their offense isn’t a ground and pound style. They gotta throw it around and several of their receivers graduated. At the end of the day just gotta let a few weeks go by before we’ll really know much about ourselves or anybody else. 

Edited by crow

3 minutes ago, crow said:

I was surprised how easily coalfield won not that they did. I don’t know where the wartburg hype came from, they lost a ton of skill positions and their offense isn’t a ground and pound style. They gotta throw it around and several of their receivers graduated. 

I feel ya! If I was gonna do a rankin for our region

Meigs 

Oneida

Rockwood

Wartburg

CG

Oneida and Rockwood could flip but Oneida has had their number past couple years. It could easily be a coin flip time that game is played. I’m not putting anybody above Meigs until somebody steps up and knocks them off. 

Edited by Spike016
  • Like 1