Week 2: Oneida @ York

crow

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Nope didn’t even try. Principal Harper told me they were only getting 82 tickets. 30 for essential personnel and 52 for nonessential. The 52 are for parents. I’d feel awful sitting there thinking I was the reason a parent or sibling or grandparent or something couldn’t get in. I might call the home school and try to swipe a home ticket though. They don’t know who I’m pulling for when I buy the sucker :ph34r:

Dang you a smart man! Let me know how that works out. I agree parents/grandparents need all the tickets. 

2 hours ago, crow said:

Nope didn’t even try. Principal Harper told me they were only getting 82 tickets. 30 for essential personnel and 52 for nonessential. The 52 are for parents. I’d feel awful sitting there thinking I was the reason a parent or sibling or grandparent or something couldn’t get in. I might call the home school and try to swipe a home ticket though. They don’t know who I’m pulling for when I buy the sucker :ph34r:

So you’d take a ticket from a home grand parent or parent.  Makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, option76 said:

Yep. They’ve got 320. We’ve got 82. If it were unlimited we’d likely have more there than York anyway. I don’t think the 40-50 players at York have 320 parents. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:10 PM, Spike016 said:

I agree. You gonna mask up and be present any?

On 8/15/2020 at 10:33 PM, crow said:

Depends on the attendance policy. I’m not gonna drive to OS or YAI to be told I can’t get in. If they’re wide open or I have an advance ticket I plan to make the first 4. After that not sure. 

On 8/15/2020 at 11:42 PM, crow said:

I have asked folks that should know and as of yesterday they said no decision yet on home games. I’m gonna call OS high school Monday and ask myself. 

On 8/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, crow said:

York is limiting to 400. Only 80 total tickets to Oneida. Won’t be going to that one I guess. 

8 minutes ago, option76 said:

Here’s a summary of a conversation on this very topic I had with spike a week ago. My buying a home ticket was a joke. Just wanted to bring you up to speed.  Ya know since this wasn’t making sense to you. 

2 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I sure hope so. How’d y’all look Friday? 

I was really impressed with how we looked honestly. I thought Sweetwater was better than last year and we were pretty well prepared for the first game considering no scrimmages etc. We should have a pretty good year.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I was really impressed with how we looked honestly. I thought Sweetwater was better than last year and we were pretty well prepared for the first game considering no scrimmages etc. We should have a pretty good year.

I didn’t make it but from listenin we can work on some stuff. Our D played pretty well and bent but never broke. Crow was there and myself personally I thought we should have ran the ball better but I’m sure it will get better. 

Just now, Spike016 said:

I didn’t make it but from listenin we can work on some stuff. Our D played pretty well and bent but never broke. Crow was there and myself personally I thought we should have ran the ball better but I’m sure it will get better. 

Your D is always prepared it seems. We normally have a low scoring game against you all regardless of the outcome. Who's gonna be your first real test of the season? Rockwood plays Sweetwater this week, I'm anxious to see the outcome. It will tell me about how good Rockwood is gonna be on the year. At a guess I'd bet Sweetwater wins by 14+

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

D settled in the second half. I think they had less than 50  yards Of offense after halftime. Overall we looked like an inexperienced team playing for the first time. A lot of confusion and misalignment, several timeouts burned that we typically don’t see. Honestly other than a lineman or two I didn’t recognize a single player out there. We were setting in and we have potential to do some things very well. Just gotta recognize our potential. I was impressed by both teams. Not a lot of penalties. OS especially, we were well into the second half when they got their first one. Both sides played really clean for the circumstances. Ball security was a nightmare for both teams early on though. Gotta clean that up. 

Edited by crow