THURSDAY NIGHT RIVALRY GAME: POWELL GOES TO ANDERSON COUNTY

keepitmoving

12 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

AC has nothing to be ashamed off. Powell has some great WR and a great QB. 

ACs OL was stout and Powell was not able to run at all on the interior of ACs defense. 

Yeah I am wondering and thinking we did win in the stats category! 

So I am calling it a win tonight for the Mavs...LOL

Great adjustments! Just what the doc ordered...

18 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Stats were actually pretty even. 

Mavs dominated TOP, but turnover margin was even. Both teams missed multiple kicks. Total yards were basically even, slightly in favor of Powell, 347-342. Panthers had well over 100 yards in penalties, AC not nearly as much.

Edited by osunut2

9 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Stats were actually pretty even. 

Mavs dominated TOP, but turnover margin was even. Both teams missed multiple kicks. Total yards were basically even, slightly in favor of Powell, 347-342. Panthers had well over 100 yards in penalties, AC not nearly as much.

I can now officially take that win for stats off...

Lol yep pretty even. I think the Mavs may have had some questionable calls but not really sure yet. I think Powell may tend to push. For a while they were bad mouthing lol so they got called on that but to me that is part of game but I guess it can lead to more if you don't just laugh it off. Always better to laugh.

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I can now officially take that win for stats off...

Lol yep pretty even. I think the Mavs may have had some questionable calls but not really sure yet. I think Powell may tend to push. For a while they were bad mouthing lol so they got called on that but to me that is part of game but I guess it can lead to more if you don't just laugh it off. Always better to laugh.

The worst call I saw was the PI late in the game on Powell's winning drive. That was actually a tremendous defensive play by AC's DB. There was also a questionable no-call just before Powell's 2nd TD (WR pushed off on the catch that put the ball inside the 5).

Other than that, I don't remember any other egregious calls/no-calls. There were a few times where it looked like AC's LT/LG were getting a head start, but sometimes that can be hard to catch live.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Mavs, I kept meaning to ask this week, but where have all of the AC fans gone on the T?? There used to be a pretty active group of you guys on here.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Mavs, I kept meaning to ask this week, but where have all of the AC fans gone on the T?? There used to be a pretty active group of you guys on here.

Yeah....there was especially over the years. When it comes to posting they apparently busy with something else...I guess...I do know the game live on ACTV and Facebook was loaded the other night from all over the world as the announcers mentioned. Blows my mind. I think we will get some back if we start to have a better year. The Bandwagon theory LOL..

9 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

The worst call I saw was the PI late in the game on Powell's winning drive. That was actually a tremendous defensive play by AC's DB. There was also a questionable no-call just before Powell's 2nd TD (WR pushed off on the catch that put the ball inside the 5).

Other than that, I don't remember any other egregious calls/no-calls. There were a few times where it looked like AC's LT/LG were getting a head start, but sometimes that can be hard to catch live.

I am still trying to find consolidation lol...all week I will be looking for consolidation. We play East Ridge on ACTV that will help :-D

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Terrible officiating and a Powell receiver pushing off???

you don’t say :roll:

• Upvote 2