THURSDAY NIGHT RIVALRY GAME: POWELL GOES TO ANDERSON COUNTY

keepitmoving

Tremendous game! It came down to what I thought it would, athletes vs. toughness. Powell has maybe the 3 best WR in one class in 4, 9 and 11, Potts does a great job of knowing where they are at all times. Pretty even game and the kicking game for AC was the difference in the game, hate to see a kid have a night like that in a game like this. Powell has got to clean up WR's pushing off as that may cost them eventually once refs start getting heat for it. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 4:29 PM, Elitesports4 said:

Just Curious to why you think rain would slow powell? I honestly feel their offense has no holes unless you get pressure on the qb.. running and passing I think is solid for them.. what do you think rain would do? 

They got pressure on him at the end......but did you see that play!  WOW!!!!  He is the best QB in East TN regardless of class.  340 yards or so passing and 3 TD, and 2 game winning drives in back to back weeks!  

3 hours ago, Payton34 said:

IMO Powell was a better team last year. But they will get better each week. It’s a good thing Powell’s Defense line is small kept us (AC) in the game. AC passing game I thought would have been better than what they showed tonight. 

How many Sr starters did Powell lose last year? 

11 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Stats were actually pretty even. 

Mavs dominated TOP, but turnover margin was even. Both teams missed multiple kicks. Total yards were basically even, slightly in favor of Powell, 347-342. Panthers had well over 100 yards in penalties, AC not nearly as much.

Passing stats were not even close!  Same to be said for rushing stats for AC.  

8 minutes ago, Payton34 said:

How many Sr starters did Powell lose last year? 

A lot.  Lost there QB (although I think the Sophomore QB is better) lost a few D-Lineman, thats why team scan run all over them, lost 2 very good WR, one went to Furman on a full ride, and a bunch off the defense side of the ball.  Replaced by pretty much all sophomores, and jr. 

13 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

A lot.  Lost there QB (although I think the Sophomore QB is better) lost a few D-Lineman, thats why team scan run all over them, lost 2 very good WR, one went to Furman on a full ride, and a bunch off the defense side of the ball.  Replaced by pretty much all sophomores, and jr. 

28 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Stupid CRAZY!!!!  That QB is ELITE!

16 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Not taking anything away from Potts because he balled out last night, but #4, #9 and #11 are all game changers. Most teams may have 1 WR that is really good, but those 3 are a QB's dream. Can't cover them all. 

I was less than happy with our QB and Kicker. But to be honest being a kicker a snap a hold can make the difference of a good kick. With just one missed field goal made good of the 3 we would all be talking differently or not talking. Lol QB receiver connection was always two feet off from a great catch. If in big games we can get this corrected then and only then will we get back to a big game win.

All and all the Mavs stepped up played there heart out and played good! It was the mavs game to lose.

Proud of the Mavs!!!!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I was less than happy with our QB and Kicker. But to be honest being a kicker a snap a hold can make the difference of a good kick. With just one missed field goal made good of the 3 we would all be talking differently or not talking. Lol QB receiver connection was always two feet off from a great catch. If in big games we can get this corrected then and only then will we get back to a big game win.

All and all the Mavs stepped up played there heart out and played good! It was the mavs game to lose.

Proud of the Mavs!!!!

Don’t for get about AC WR’s and DB’s lazy routs and poor tackling

28 minutes ago, Payton34 said:

Don’t for get about AC WR’s and DB’s lazy routs and poor tackling

Yeah that doesn't help much. I think when playing higher quality teams that have caught on to our high scoring plays with speed we need to have conservative passing. It may not necessarily be the QB as much as it the speed of a Powell like Greeneville team. We can adjust.