THURSDAY NIGHT RIVALRY GAME: POWELL GOES TO ANDERSON COUNTY

keepitmoving

Should be another good game to watch.  Powell had a tough game week one vs Beech in a thrilling game winning drive for Powell.  Anderson County had a blow out win vs a not so good Clinton HS.  Anderson County is a better match up for Powell than Beech was.  Beech pounded the rock against an undersized Powell D line.  Anderson County likes to throw it a little more, and Powell is very strong at the DB positions.  I think it will be a high scoring game for sure.  Powell will air it out and go 5 wide a lot.  It will be a TV game on Rivalry Thursday!  

• Like 1

Can't wait should be a good game. AC needs to work this week on there ground and pound. I think they can do more of this. This will be good test for AC run game. Powell is more versatile this year so AC defense will really have to be ready especially the DBs. The big deal is the AC defense must and I mean must get a strong rush on Powell QB. This is a necessity for the Mavs to pull this off.

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Can't wait should be a good game. AC needs to work this week on there ground and pound. I think they can do more of this. This will be good test for AC run game. Powell is more versatile this year so AC defense will really have to be ready especially the DBs. The big deal is the AC defense must and I mean must get a strong rush on Powell QB. This is a necessity for the Mavs to pull this off.

I liked what I saw in the run game but Clinton tried to man up ACs WRs for the entire first 2 quarters. I guess their DC thought he could match up athlete wise. ACs OC took every shot in favorable match-ups and used a lot of formations to get there. 

29 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Ya Powell has athletes everywhere.  There week link is the font 4 on defense.  So AC running the ball would be wise in this game to keep it close and to keep the ball out of Powell QB hands.  Powell QB and there WR are legit after what I saw last night.  Only Sophomores to!  Last years game was good and I expect this years game to be as good!

This will be a good game. If we can get ahead like last year we should be fine this year. Powell is going to score and AC is going to score. Beech had a good plan that ground out the clock and they punched it in. But Powell always came back. From what I have heard we have one of our best defense this year. This will be a conditioning nightmare for both sides to make it 4 quarter. But this will be a fun game to watch. Can't wait!!!!!

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

This will be a good game. If we can get ahead like last year we should be fine this year. Powell is going to score and AC is going to score. Beech had a good plan that ground out the clock and they punched it in. But Powell always came back. From what I have heard we have one of our best defense this year. This will be a conditioning nightmare for both sides to make it 4 quarter. But this will be a fun game to watch. Can't wait!!!!!

Totally agree.  Powell is super young to.  Most WR and skill guys are only Sophomores.  Beech wore out Powell up front when they were on offense.  Conditioning is def. going to be a factor for both.  Excited to see the game. 

I’d run Moog’s legs plum off if I was Gillum @ AC. I know that’s not really his style, but it would probably serve him best for this game. I never thought I’d say this, but go AC. Actually, I usually do pull for them, as long as they aren’t playing us. No offense to OSUnut (I really like that guy) but Powell’s HC just rubs me the wrong way. A very shady character in my humble opinion. Hope you can forgive me, Nut.

Edited by SweetScience

32 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’d run Moog’s legs plum off if I was Gillum @ AC. I know that’s not really his style, but it would probably serve him best for this game. I never thought I’d say this, but go AC. Actually, I usually do pull for them, as long as they aren’t playing us. No offense to OSUnut (I really like that guy) but Powell’s HC just rubs me the wrong way. A very shady character in my humble opinion. Hope you can forgive me, Nut.

No...... you don't like Powell or the coach, because Powell always throttles Halls.....lol  

37 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It was Gillum's style when he had Matt Fox lol. 

13 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

No...... you don't like Powell or the coach, because Powell always throttles Halls.....lol  

I could care less about Halls, I’m not even a Halls fan. Not sure what on earth you’re talking about. I don’t like their HC because he stretches rules and has gotten caught for it once already, that’s why. You and I both know he’s a shady character, but hey, if winning means that much to him....