THURSDAY NIGHT RIVALRY GAME: POWELL GOES TO ANDERSON COUNTY

keepitmoving

3 hours ago, Payton34 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts Powell vs AC position?

OL:      =

RB:      Powell

WR:     Powell

QB:      =

DL:      AC

LB:      AC

DB.     Powell

Coaching:    =

Kicking game:   AC

I have to go qb Powell. I have him being one of the best in the district as a sophomore. Did you see some of the ball placements? I loved it... however; to me this will be key.. will they force the ball to adarius and foust to make up for the lack of balls they received last game..., or will the hit the other two players who teams may not respect as much. 11 is a stud in the making it was very clear. My call is powell wins this! I don’t think ac will have much success passing as they should.. to me powell offense will score at will.. we will see good game 

• Like 1

Powell appears this year to have the fast pace AC style offense, hurry up and score quickly. Powell offence done well against Beech rush however I believe they may have done a bit of some holding in rewatching the game. If AC does the homework and we have good officiated game AC should be just fine. I think they can contain Powell speed like last year and hang on for a comfortable win. It will not surprise me who ever wins the opening toss will choose to play offense.

AC 53 Powell 40

Edited by Mavericksinflight

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Powell appears this year to have the fast pace AC style offense, hurry up and score quickly. Powell offence done well against Beech rush however I believe they may have done a bit of some holding in rewatching the game. If AC does the homework and we have good officiated game AC should be just fine. I think they can contain Powell speed like last year and hang on for a comfortable win. It will not surprise me who ever wins the opening toss will choose to play offense.

AC 53 Powell 40

AC will not score 53 lol.  Powell is way to good on the perimeter for that to happen, and AC will be running the ball a lot I suspect.  So there will not be enough time on the clock for them to score 53 running the ball.  I look for a close game and give Powell the slight edge 36-24 over AC  

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

AC will not score 53 lol.  Powell is way to good on the perimeter for that to happen, and AC will be running the ball a lot I suspect.  So there will not be enough time on the clock for them to score 53 running the ball.  I look for a close game and give Powell the slight edge 36-24 over AC  

No way under the sun or clouds...wait if raining???...can Powell hold AC to 24 points. You understand Powell is playing the Mavs right? LOL there are several ways this can play out but I do not see it as a low score for AC and Powell as you have it....but I have seen stranger things....AC will "keep it moving inflight lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No way under the sun or clouds...wait if raining???...can Powell hold AC to 24 points. You understand Powell is playing the Mavs right? LOL there are several ways this can play out but I do not see it as a low score for AC and Powell as you have it....but I have seen stranger things....AC will "keep it moving inflight lol

Ya maybe....and I hope it doesnt rain because that will make it a long game for both teams.  'But if AC game plan is to throw it.......there in trouble.  They need to keep it on the ground, and milk the clock.  Powell is VERY WEEK on the Dline.  Besides Powell special teams, the Dline is def. the week link for Powell.  Powell secondary is great, very skilled DB and Safety.  If AC plans to air it out a lot, that would be playing into Powell's hands.  IMO 

15 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Ya maybe....and I hope it doesnt rain because that will make it a long game for both teams.  'But if AC game plan is to throw it.......there in trouble.  They need to keep it on the ground, and milk the clock.  Powell is VERY WEEK on the Dline.  Besides Powell special teams, the Dline is def. the week link for Powell.  Powell secondary is great, very skilled DB and Safety.  If AC plans to air it out a lot, that would be playing into Powell's hands.  IMO 

No I do see what you are saying. If AC does good on the ground it could soften Powell up in DB for the Pass It will be fun to see the strategies. Stumped on one thing with AC is there defence as good as I am lead to believe. Clinton did not give us a chance to find out. And I also noticed since Beech was not a passing team they did have some good looks. But can't wait this should be a good one for both teams.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No I do see what you are saying. If AC does good on the ground it could soften Powell up in DB for the Pass It will be fun to see the strategies. Stumped on one thing with AC is there defence as good as I am lead to believe. Clinton did not give us a chance to find out. And I also noticed since Beech was not a passing team they did have some good looks. But can't wait this should be a good one for both teams.

Ya def. going to be a great game.  Beech threw 2 times and got intercepted both times.  lol  Beech def. didnt give a look to Powell's DB.  So ya it will be interesting to see AC pass game Thursday.  I just hope the weather stays clear.  Fingers crossed. 

26 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

AC Is not strong at the RB position. AC will need to put the ball in the air. 

14 minutes ago, Payton34 said:

I am not confident enough with only one game to say either way on the run. We may be surprised. But AC has known they will be playing Powell all year and usually are very good to prepare. And after last year'a game they should be wanting revenge. The run game will need to step up to Powell and hopefully will be developed. I still think it's ACs to lose. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Payton34 said:

i think you and I can run the ball against Powell's front 4 on D.....lol  They are that bad there.  Plus if AC can find a way to run the ball with who ever they got at RB, that would be wise.  Cause Powell QB is very good and they go 5 wide with some really good WR,  a lot.  

39 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Ya def. going to be a great game.  Beech threw 2 times and got intercepted both times.  lol  Beech def. didnt give a look to Powell's DB.  So ya it will be interesting to see AC pass game Thursday.  I just hope the weather stays clear.  Fingers crossed. 

If it's rain it will be a mess for either team. I am counting in our special teams to contribute as well. But we will see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If it's rain it will be a mess for either team. I am counting in our special teams to contribute as well. But we will see.

Just Curious to why you think rain would slow powell? I honestly feel their offense has no holes unless you get pressure on the qb.. running and passing I think is solid for them.. what do you think rain would do?