THURSDAY NIGHT RIVALRY GAME: POWELL GOES TO ANDERSON COUNTY

keepitmoving

3 hours ago, Payton34 said:

I wouldn’t go that far yet. Let’s see how he does against Powell. It will be hard to return one this game Powell has a lot more team speed than AC. But AC should get a lot more chances this game. I’m hoping for a good game. This game will show where we are.  Can’t go off the Clinton game they was awful. That had to be one of the worst Clinton teams I seen. Love games like this. This is when good football players should shine.

Fair enough. And your right Powell does have speed. Maybe I should say at some point this season these two will shine in big game. Just wishing this will be the game. LOL

I am not necessarily predicting a Mav win yet. Not sure if weather conditions are going to be good or bad. 

This will be a fun game and another chance for the Mavs to step up.

18 hours ago, osunut2 said:

That will be another interesting thing to watch in this game. As good as Beech has been in recent years, I was surprised that they couldn't generate any pass rush against Powell. It may have happened on a rollout or two, but I only remember Potts getting sacked (or hit) once or twice.

Ya the O line did a great job Friday night.  But the biggest difference in Powell's offense this year, is Potts makes quick decisions with the ball.  He doesn't hold it long like Trusley did last year.  Potts is getting the ball out super quick.  So that helps the line out a TON.  

9 hours ago, Payton34 said:

I agree, but AC weapon will be #14 on the out side. He will have a good game. Big games like this is when they will need to get him the ball. I hear Powell is not as good as last years team at this point In the season. 

Powell is LOADED this year, but they are super young.  Mostly all sophomores and juniors.  I would hate to play Powell in 2 years for sure.  Plus on Friday night vs Beech, Powell didnt have 3 transfer players playing, that are flat out ballers.  2 of them will be active this Thursday.  One is a junior RB that is very good and the other is a WR/DB that is very good.  This will help Powell out a ton in keeping guys fresh.  But again Powell is super young and for there first game to be against a legit 5a school in Beech, and for those young guys to sit threw rain delay, and pull out win at the end.  Speaks to how good they will be after a few games played this year.  

2 hours ago, Payton34 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts Powell vs AC position?

OL:      =

RB:      Powell

WR:     Powell

QB:      =

DL:      AC

LB:      AC

DB.     Powell

Coaching:    =

Kicking game:   AC

Pretty spot on.  You should of put a DOUBLE YES for AC next the kicking game....lol  but seriously I think Powell has a slight edge at the QB position, and the O line for Powell.  Powell's O line impressed me Friday they are big and athletic up front.  Going to be a fun game to watch for sure.  I hope its competitive until the end. 

43 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell is LOADED this year, but they are super young.  Mostly all sophomores and juniors.  I would hate to play Powell in 2 years for sure.  Plus on Friday night vs Beech, Powell didnt have 3 transfer players playing, that are flat out ballers.  2 of them will be active this Thursday.  One is a junior RB that is very good and the other is a WR/DB that is very good.  This will help Powell out a ton in keeping guys fresh.  But again Powell is super young and for there first game to be against a legit 5a school in Beech, and for those young guys to sit threw rain delay, and pull out win at the end.  Speaks to how good they will be after a few games played this year.  

I agree, those long weather delays can absolutely derail teams, especially when a game is getting lopsided. Beech found their footing, but Powell still found a way to get the W. I wondered who the 3rd RB was going to be. I was surprised they just rotated Frances and Brown against Beech.

So with all of the weight room time he's had in the last 2+ years, how many pounds has Frances added?? He looks like a completely different guy versus the last time he took a snap.

31 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I agree, those long weather delays can absolutely derail teams, especially when a game is getting lopsided. Beech found their footing, but Powell still found a way to get the W. I wondered who the 3rd RB was going to be. I was surprised they just rotated Frances and Brown against Beech.

So with all of the weight room time he's had in the last 2+ years, how many pounds has Frances added?? He looks like a completely different guy versus the last time he took a snap.

Ya Fernando put on a ton of weight.  Some of it not so good weight.  lol  You have to imagine though with 2 knee surgeries in one year, there was a lot sitting around.  So he packed on the pounds.  He just got cleared not long ago to play.  So he def. needs to get in shape.  But yeah a complete different back pre-injury for sure.  

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Pretty spot on.  You should of put a DOUBLE YES for AC next the kicking game....lol  but seriously I think Powell has a slight edge at the QB position, and the O line for Powell.  Powell's O line impressed me Friday they are big and athletic up front.  Going to be a fun game to watch for sure.  I hope its competitive until the end. 

Last year game was great just didn’t end the way we wanted. 

Edited by Payton34

12 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Ya Fernando put on a ton of weight.  Some of it not so good weight.  lol  You have to imagine though with 2 knee surgeries in one year, there was a lot sitting around.  So he packed on the pounds.  He just got cleared not long ago to play.  So he def. needs to get in shape.  But yeah a complete different back pre-injury for sure.  

Well I wondered if part of that was the "wrong" kind of weight! Either way, I was impressed that he still has some of that shiftiness, even though he's added weight. I'm just glad he's getting a chance to play again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Do tell about these “transfers” :popcorneater:. Lol jk, I know about the one and as far as I know he has followed proper protocol for sitting out(although how he ended up there is interesting). It is true, Powell does have a lot of talented players. It’s one thing to have the talent, it’s another to know what to do with it though :thumb:.

Edited by chsbobcat09