THURSDAY NIGHT RIVALRY GAME: POWELL GOES TO ANDERSON COUNTY

keepitmoving

16 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Powell appears this year to have the fast pace AC style offense, hurry up and score quickly. Powell offence done well against Beech rush however I believe they may have done a bit of some holding in rewatching the game. If AC does the homework and we have good officiated game AC should be just fine. I think they can contain Powell speed like last year and hang on for a comfortable win. It will not surprise me who ever wins the opening toss will choose to play offense.

AC 53 Powell 40

Yeah... where is the game played? Officiating was terrible. As far as Powell’s defense goes: they are just ok. Beech scores 24 points and had 6 turnovers, all but one self imposed. I don’t know enough about AC to weigh in on this, but take away even a couple of turnovers (which Beech very rarely has) and this game isn’t close. I get it Powell won, but I don’t think there’s any way they can walk away from that game thinking they were the better team if they were to be honest with themselves. 

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

Just Curious to why you think rain would slow powell? I honestly feel their offense has no holes unless you get pressure on the qb.. running and passing I think is solid for them.. what do you think rain would do? 

I think Powell has a great combo pass run. But overall Powell is not as good as last year at this point and not sure Mavs are either, a rain just adds more variables to the early season start among the covid19 anxiety. But it may not even make a difference. I think the inexperience of Powell and experience of Mavs should make the difference. Powell is young this year the Mavs are a bit more experienced. Who knows that is why we don't play with a basketball you never know which way the oval ball will bounce. LOL

Edited by Mavericksinflight

18 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I think Powell has a great combo pass run. But overall Powell is not as good as last year at this point and not sure Mavs are either, a rain just adds more variables to the early season start among the covid19 anxiety. But it may not even make a difference. I think the inexperience of Powell and experience of Mavs should make the difference. Powell is young this year the Mavs are a bit more experienced. Who knows that is why we don't play with a basketball you never know which way the oval ball will bounce. LOL

Haha understand man and love how you explained it. To me I don’t buy into the Powell being young this this year... most of those young guys goes to elite camps and are ready imo. The last drive of scoring under a minute showed my point in my opinion. I really feel powell has a certain swagger that I love. As much as people hate Matt Lowe I love him as a coach/who I think the players understand.. Mavs are balanced and will need to mix it up. If Mavs can score this will be a good game like last year.. I believe powell as young will score at will unless Mavs d line gets pressure! 

40 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Haha understand man and love how you explained it. To me I don’t buy into the Powell being young this this year... most of those young guys goes to elite camps and are ready imo. The last drive of scoring under a minute showed my point in my opinion. I really feel powell has a certain swagger that I love. As much as people hate Matt Lowe I love him as a coach/who I think the players understand.. Mavs are balanced and will need to mix it up. If Mavs can score this will be a good game like last year.. I believe powell as young will score at will unless Mavs d line gets pressure! 

You correct lol the Mavs will have to get pressure. But that QB likes to roll out and run as well we will have to be cautious instead of leaving the secondary open. Reminds of some games with Catholic and Campbell county where we had to make the same decisions on the rush. Powell big upfront lineman. I would like to think our DL are much better than Beech but this will be the test.

6 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

Just Curious to why you think rain would slow powell? I honestly feel their offense has no holes unless you get pressure on the qb.. running and passing I think is solid for them.. what do you think rain would do? 

Ac will get pressure on Powell’s QB. But after last year game we have Powell’s full attention. This should be a great game. AC needs guys to break out in this game. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, eers said:

Yeah... where is the game played? Officiating was terrible. As far as Powell’s defense goes: they are just ok. Beech scores 24 points and had 6 turnovers, all but one self imposed. I don’t know enough about AC to weigh in on this, but take away even a couple of turnovers (which Beech very rarely has) and this game isn’t close. I get it Powell won, but I don’t think there’s any way they can walk away from that game thinking they were the better team if they were to be honest with themselves. 

Powell caused some of the turnovers

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

True we did lose are top rusher and top receiver from last year team that prob was 75% of AC offensive yards. So AC needs kids to step up this game. Go Mavs!

• Upvote 1