Farragut At West

FHS_Admiral

I expect them to be really good again, possibly better than last. Not sure about OL/DL but I know they bring back that big RB Mattress, who gave us all kinds of issues. I believe one of their WR already has a few high profile offers from D1 schools. As you and I both know, they are never lacking for talent. Sorry I cannot expound more, but there are a few really good West posters on here who may pop up soon to tell you more. I’d expect a dogfight.

40 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Anybody know anything about West this year?   What do they have coming back and how good are they supposed to be?

They lost a handful of guys on both sides of the ball, including Drew Francis at LB, but all of their skill guys are back. I think they will be even better this year, but their biggest question will be OL and DL play, like SS eluded to.

West will be a challenge. They have over 120 kids in the program from what I understand. QB is back and surrounded by talented skill athletes. They are always tough on defense and very well coached.  

Farragut will have to play MUCH better on the offensive line and on defense than they did against Bradley. The new QB throws a nice ball, but he will face pressure for certain. The young Farragut OL will need to be physical to run the football on West... and running it will be key. 

Defensively, Farragut has run some 40 front the last couple of years, but against Bradley the transition definitely looked to be a work in progress. Poor fits and missed assignments will lead to BIG plays for West. I would like to see #16 on the field more... he makes plays. Hydration will also be huge... Farragut had key players out for extended periods against Bradley due to cramping.  

Edited by Former44

53 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Purcell vs Mattress. That's two semi trucks going down hill at each other, that's the match up to watch... winner of that one has the advantage. 

I was watching the Farragut highlights from their game Friday night and that guy looks like a truck running the ball. He will be a load for any team to handle.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I was watching the Farragut highlights from their game Friday night and that guy looks like a truck running the ball. He will be a load for any team to handle.

He won't get the pub like Mattress or Jackson at Oak Ridge, but kids a blue collar on both sides of the ball. The battle will be him on defense and Mattress at RB.

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2020 at 2:23 AM, 92Dragon said:

I believe Farragut will have a slight advantage already having a game under their belt.  But this is a home game for West.

I'm gonna say Farragut 24 West 21

I just wanted to give you an opportunity to dramatically revise your score prediction...:shock:

Has to be concerning for Farragut that the entire defense is SR's except for 1. I'm surprised that this game was not closer, I expected a West win just not by this margin. They have address the offensive side of the ball as well, #20 will be beat up by the middle of the season if they can't get help moving the ball up the field. 

• Upvote 1