Dresden @ Lake Co

mrbigster

9 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Blessed are the peacemakers. I appreciate a man who can be honest and represent the program, the fans, the outgoing staff, and the current coaches at the same time without being two faced... it's sometimes hard to do. Not trying to put my nose where it doesn't belong, but we've been there. People need to realize that a coach doing what's best for his family doesn't equate to betrayal, and that a fan putting that in the past and showing support for the current staff instead of comparing them to a state champion is exactly what is needed for the program. Coach Stroup took us from nothing to a state contender in four years, then left for USJ. We were not a stepping stone for him, but the opportunity came for him to allow his wife to be near her family, earn a better paycheck, and have a constant flow of talent from a large city at his disposal. He left us far better than he found us, and I know how hard it was for him to leave the people who he loved here, and loved him in return.

To mamabear, I applaud your defense of a good man and coach... I've done the same a couple of times when folks don't understand that choosing to move on is as hard for the coach as it is for the program that he built up and considers his own. 

@tradertwoThank you for your kind words & honesty. Some things just need to be said. Josh, like many of the great coaches out there, doesn’t need me to come to his defense by any means, the true testimony to how much a coach impacts young lives is in the rock solid, supportive relationships they build with their players that last long after football is over & watching those same young men become amazing husbands, fathers & men. I can promise you Coach Puckett wouldn’t waste his time reading what these knuckleheads have to say about him on this thread or lose any sleep over their opinion of him. What speaks louder than any of his bitter haters is the number of his former players standing on the sidelines in Shelbyville last night supporting their coach & celebrating who he is to them. I’m sure you can relate. Thanks again for understanding where I was coming from & for your support. 

I'm going to comment on Shockers post.I know him and LC 68.Both know Coach Puckett very well.Especially 68 in my opinion.I know what he meant.Coach Puckett did a great job.LC football was strong in the 8os. 2000,s.Great coaches during the years.Lake Co had a great coach in the probably late 60,s and early 70,s when Coach Wooten was there.Great coach.Ive seen more sports ,football and basketball than any person still alive.But I'm sure there were many reasons behind the scenes.Players seemed to like Coach Puckett.But to say and give a speech in front of hundreds,that LC could have more championships if players didnt leave for Dyer Co.,Dyersburg,Obion Central.That LC is special.They won a state championship with just over 200 students.That he turned down a coaching job in Georgia.That LC was  home.Its special.That parents need to stay home in Lake Co.That this is home.That the grass isnt greener on the other side.Then 2 or 3 weeks later he left.So the grass must have been greener.But yet he questioned parents from previous years.So I would think it was about money.Not blaming him to do what's best for his family.So if that's the case,why question parents if they think their kids may get a scholarship or better educationin in previous years at other schools.?I still have the video on what was said that day.So I know Shocker wasnt responding about what Coach Puckett did.But like 68 said.He did a great job.But he  wasnt the first.Coach Wooten,Coach Sturdivant,Coach Baker,Coach Barger all did great things

Edited by mrbigster

3 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I'm going to comment on Shockers pist.I know him and LC 68.Both know Coach Puckett very well.Especially 68 in my opinion.I know what he meant.Coach Puckett did a great job.LC football was strong in the 8os. 2000,s.Great coaches during the years.Lake Co had a great coach in the probably late 60,s and early 70,s when Coach Wooten was there.Great coach.Ive seen more sports ,football and basketball than any person still alive.But I'm sure there were many reasons behind the scenes.Players seemed to like Coach Puckett.But to say and give a speech in front of hundreds,that LC could have more championships if players didnt leave for Dyer Co.,Dyersburg,Obion Central.That LC is special.They won a state championship with just over 200 students.That he turned down a coaching job in Georgia.That LC us home.Its special.That parents need to stay home in Lake Co.That this is home.That the grass isnt greener on the other side.Then 2 or 3 weeks later he left.So the grass must have been greener.But yet he questioned parents from previous years.So I would think it was about money.Not blaming him to do what's best for his family.So if that's the case,why question parents if they think their kids may get a scholarship or better education?I still have the video on what was said that day.So I know Shocker wasnt responding about what Coach Puckett did.But like 68 said.He did a great job.But he  wasnt the first.Coach Wooten,Coach Sturdivant,Coach Baker,Coach Barger all did great things

God first bigster, then family... money equals security for your wife & kids, and doesn't mean that Puckett  threw LC under the bus in order to leave, he just left, and left them better for him being there. As badly as I hated for ours to go, I can honestly say that I was happy for my friend to be able to better himself and his family, and not that it matters at all, I will tell you that I was at Cookeville supporting him and USJ, and I would bet my house had Scotts Hill been there playing for a championship, our old coach would have been right in the middle of our crowd with his black and gold on. Sometimes people have to make decisions with their head as well as their heart.

• Upvote 1

Just now, tradertwo said:

God first bigster, then family... money equals security for your wife & kids, and doesn't mean that Puckett  threw LC under the bus in order to leave, he just left, and left them better for him being there. As badly as I hated for ours to go, I can honestly say that I was happy for my friend to be able to better himself and his family, and not that it matters at all, I will tell you that I was at Cookeville supporting him and USJ, and I would bet my house had Scotts Hill been there playing for a championship, our old coach would have been right in the middle of our crowd with his black and gold on. Sometimes people have to make decisions with their head as well as their heart.

No I'm not blaming him for leaving.Just the things he said .I have the video.Thats all.If he did what's best for his family,he did great.You give me maybe 10,000 thousand and I'd leave.And a bigger school.Not saying that's what he got.I love Lake Co.Always will.If I was a young coach and could move up the ladder,maybe for even less money I'd do it..Like Kody Howard.Young coach at LC.Went back to Dyersburg.Then head coach at Chester Co.Now at a junior college in Kansas.Who knows what it will lead to .

17 minutes ago, mamabear37 said:

@tradertwoThank you for your kind words & honesty. Some things just need to be said. Josh, like many of the great coaches out there, doesn’t need me to come to his defense by any means, the true testimony to how much a coach impacts young lives is in the rock solid, supportive relationships they build with their players that last long after football is over & watching those same young men become amazing husbands, fathers & men. I can promise you Coach Puckett wouldn’t waste his time reading what these knuckleheads have to say about him on this thread or lose any sleep over their opinion of him. What speaks louder than any of his bitter haters is the number of his former players standing on the sidelines in Shelbyville last night supporting their coach & celebrating who he is to them. I’m sure you can relate. Thanks again for understanding where I was coming from & for your support. 

Mama Bear like I said Coach Puckett and his family are my friends and I hated to see him leave. Yes, I supported them to the very end and still do and always well. Last night at the game I didn't hear one person bad mouth him in anyway and I don't know anyone that talked poorly of him on this thread. Yes, the comment was not well worded but it wasn't meant the way it sounded. You never know in life when things will come full circle and there might be a time when we see him again. LC has Coach Quinn and LC fans need to give him a chance. I truly hope Coach Puckett succeeds wherever he may go. I plan on visiting him in Shelbyville sometime this football season. I think this all needs to die down. Coach Quinn deserves a chance and not be compared to any previous coach. I hope people will give him a chance and not compare this years team to last years. Coach Quinn has come in to a tough situation and he deserves the opportunity to succeed. Coach Puckett will to well wherever he goes. I think most people in Lake County are proud of what Coach Puckett achieved here and wish him the best. He had alot more support than you are saying. Good luck to Coach Puckett and Shelbyville. LC it is time to get ready for Humboldt.

5 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

No I'm not blaming him for leaving.Just the things he said .I have the video.Thats all.If he did what's best for his family,he did great.You give me maybe 10,000 thousand and I'd leave.And a bigger school.Not saying that's what he got.I love Lake Co.Always will.If I was a young coach and could move up the ladder,maybe for even less money I'd do it..Like Kody Howard.Young coach at LC.Went back to Dyersburg.Then head coach at Chester Co.Now at a junior college in Kansas.Who knows what it will lead to .

Believe me, I get what you're saying! I'm hometown to the bone, and if I were a coach here, I'd never leave... having said that, if I were at LC and won a title, then my hometown called...

5 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I'm going to comment on Shockers post.I know him and LC 68.Both know Coach Puckett very well.Especially 68 in my opinion.I know what he meant.Coach Puckett did a great job.LC football was strong in the 8os. 2000,s.Great coaches during the years.Lake Co had a great coach in the probably late 60,s and early 70,s when Coach Wooten was there.Great coach.Ive seen more sports ,football and basketball than any person still alive.But I'm sure there were many reasons behind the scenes.Players seemed to like Coach Puckett.But to say and give a speech in front of hundreds,that LC could have more championships if players didnt leave for Dyer Co.,Dyersburg,Obion Central.That LC is special.They won a state championship with just over 200 students.That he turned down a coaching job in Georgia.That LC was  home.Its special.That parents need to stay home in Lake Co.That this is home.That the grass isnt greener on the other side.Then 2 or 3 weeks later he left.So the grass must have been greener.But yet he questioned parents from previous years.So I would think it was about money.Not blaming him to do what's best for his family.So if that's the case,why question parents if they think their kids may get a scholarship or better education?I still have the video on what was said that day.So I know Shocker wasnt responding about what Coach Puckett did.But like 68 said.He did a great job.But he  wasnt the first.Coach Wooten,Coach Sturdivant,Coach Baker,Coach Barger all did great things

You said a mouthful. I too still have the video that you speak of as I was there in person for that great speech. Everything he said was truthful. You want to go here, let’s do it. Yes he turned down an amazing opportunity & MUCH more money with the job offer for GA before leading those young men from LC to a state championship title. 15-0 season. I won’t waste your time by listing the playoff appearances made during his tenure. I will tell you simply this....The decision to take the Shelbyville job was never about the money. It will never be about that for him no matter how much you try to keep that narrative spinning. The corruption & complete lack of support from “ some” in that county & administration, the people who couldn’t wait to see him stumble or fall,  is what drove that family away. I can name plenty of names, but I will take the high road & won’t stoop to that level. That man has put his heart & soul into the young men he’s coached, & his career.  After 7 years, enough was enough. He did what was best for his family & that’s that. Period. I can also tell you, the amount of love & true support Coach Puckett & his family have had in Shelbyville since day one has been eye opening. I’m done responding to you people who choose to constantly bash & try to make him out to be the opposite of  who he is as a human being. You don’t know him, & unfortunately for you, you  will never get that chance to. Your loss. 

Back to last nights game.Yes a lot of penalties,based plays on punts.Couple dropped passes for could have been td.Then suppisedeky was stopped on 1 yard line after long run.Things will get better.No they arent last years team.But I'll say this.Just based on what I know.Cant predict the future with kids moving,injuries,etc..But I think the line is young.Thought Wilson played well at qb last night.But I know Abbott is a speedster and a junior.Day Day is a sophomore and will say now.Hes going to be special.And the other Abbott is a junior and a great player.Dont know what grade Tink is in.But I know middle school had a stud at qb last year and will be great.And I hear LC middle has a great running back.If things dont change.I see a gold ball next year maybe and year after.But we will see.Lots if young talent.Realky like Day Day.Plus I thought Morgan was open more times than we went to him

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Mama Bear like I said Coach Puckett and his family are my friends and I hated to see him leave. Yes, I supported them to the very end and still do and always well. Last night at the game I didn't hear one person bad mouth him in anyway and I don't know anyone that talked poorly of him on this thread. Yes, the comment was not well worded but it wasn't meant the way it sounded. You never know in life when things will come full circle and there might be a time when we see him again. LC has Coach Quinn and LC fans need to give him a chance. I truly hope Coach Puckett succeeds wherever he may go. I plan on visiting him in Shelbyville sometime this football season. I think this all needs to die down. Coach Quinn deserves a chance and not be compared to any previous coach. I hope people will give him a chance and not compare this years team to last years. Coach Quinn has come in to a tough situation and he deserves the opportunity to succeed. Coach Puckett will to well wherever he goes. I think most people in Lake County are proud of what Coach Puckett achieved here and wish him the best. He had alot more support than you are saying. Good luck to Coach Puckett and Shelbyville. LC it is time to get ready for Humboldt.

I agee.Coach Pucett did well and did what's best for him and his family.I hope he does well.And think Coach Quinn will have a good year.Young talent

10 minutes ago, mamabear37 said:

You said a mouthful. I too still have the video that you speak of as I was there in person for that great speech. Everything he said was truthful. You want to go here, let’s do it. Yes he turned down an amazing opportunity & MUCH more money with the job offer for GA before leading those young men from LC to a state championship title. 15-0 season. I won’t waste your time by listing the playoff appearances made during his tenure. I will tell you simply this....The decision to take the Shelbyville job was never about the money. It will never be about that for him no matter how much you try to keep that narrative spinning. The corruption & complete lack of support from “ some” in that county & administration, the people who couldn’t wait to see him stumble or fall,  is what drove that family away. I can name plenty of names, but I will take the high road & won’t stoop to that level. That man has put his heart & soul into the young men he’s coached, & his career.  After 7 years, enough was enough. He did what was best for his family & that’s that. Period. I can also tell you, the amount of love & true support Coach Puckett & his family have had in Shelbyville since day one has been eye opening. I’m done responding to you people who choose to constantly bash & try to make him out to be the opposite of  who he is as a human being. You don’t know him, & unfortunately for you, you  will never get that chance to. Your loss. 

He did well here.Last 4  seasons.Like anything you have to have talent.He did.Im not bashing him as coach.Just the speech he gave that day.Was great.But put down people for leaving to go to Dyer Co,Dyersburg,Obion Central.Was it not ok for their family situation as well if they thought it was best? So it wasnt money? So things just got worse and corrupt by some in that 2 or 3 week period?I'm sure of who u are.He did what's best.Im just questioning what he said.About people leaving.That the grass isnt greener.Then he left.So if that's best for him and his family to leave,why question parents to send their kids to others schools is what I'm asking? What's the difference between him and them? Maybe they thought it was corrupt in certain places also..Maybe ur talking about the super.I think Mike Moire has done a great job.With the field,gym,getting other sports programs started.Good luck to you and ur husband

Mama Bear please just leave it alone. You seem to be close to the family. I was too. I like Josh as a person more than a coach. He done things for my son that people do not know about. My son played on his first two teams. His family will always be special to mine. Some people do not understand what he meant to those kids I do understand it. Please quit arguing about it with them. Let it go. LC will always be grateful for him. I don't think Coach Puckett and his family have a bad taste in their mouth with their time in Lake County. Thinks didn't go how they should have but that's life. I truly wished they had but they didn't. You make it sound like Lake Counties wanted him gone and run him out of here. That is simply not true. The people who really support LC had no control over what happened with the whole thing. I am not going into detail about what happened. I do know the circumstances. It is now the past but please don't lump all the good people in Lake County with the few that dropped the ball.

Mama Bear please just leave it alone. You seem to be close to the family. I was too. I like Josh as a person more than a coach. He done things for my son that people do not know about. My son played on his first two teams. His family will always be special to mine. Some people do not understand what he meant to those kids I do understand it. Please quit arguing about it with them. Let it go. LC will always be grateful for him. I don't think Coach Puckett and his family have a bad taste in their mouth with their time in Lake County. Thinks didn't go how they should have but that's life. I truly wished they had but they didn't. You make it sound like Lake Counties wanted him gone and run him out of here. That is simply not true. The people who really support LC had no control over what happened with the whole thing. I am not going into detail about what happened. I do know the circumstances. It is now the past but please don't lump all the good people in Lake County with the few that dropped the ball.