Week 3 - Campbell County @ Oak Ridge

CardinalGrey

Please folks, if you come to the game, WEAR YOUR MASK.   It is required at all times in the stadium -- even if you're 6' from anyone else.  Last night's compliance was only about 50% among the adults, and that could put an end to our season.   I know it's hot, and maybe uncomfortable, but cover thy nose and mouth at all times.  Please.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Netmom said:

Please folks, if you come to the game, WEAR YOUR MASK.   It is required at all times in the stadium -- even if you're 6' from anyone else.  Last night's compliance was only about 50% among the adults, and that could put an end to our season.   I know it's hot, and maybe uncomfortable, but cover thy nose and mouth at all times.  Please.

To be fair, most of the D-B fans including myself and my daughter were wearing masks, but the Oak Ridge folks sitting on the visitors side were not.  I despise wearing the things, but agree with you, let's do all we can to make sure our teams can get 10 games plus a long postseason in.

• Like 1

Report Card for the DB game and thoughts on the CC game

OFFENSIVE LINE - D  - The DB defensive front was good, maybe the best OR will face, but the OL did little or nothing with them

WR - D+  - They were bad. Dropped TD passes and dropped other passes too

RB - B  - Hard to grade him because he rarely had a chance to get going. He made a few good runs but nothing great

QB -  D-  - I'm not sure he completed more than 1-2 passes. A few throws were pretty bad and he just looked rattled. The good part of his game was the running. I believe this was a just a hiccup because he is good. I predict a rebound game that will be for the rest of the season.

PUNTERS - B

DEFENSIVE LINE - C - DB ran the ball too easily versus our D

LB - C - Same as DL

DB - B  - Kingsport ran better than they threw

KICKING - A  - We hit a FG and kickoffs were fine

COACHING - D  - It was a loss and if I'm giving a D to a group of players, the coaches are getting one too!

I believe OR will learn from mistakes and be primed and ready for Friday night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I can remember back in the good ole days that Campbell Country once upon a time beat the poop out of OR.  Those were wonderful memories for those CCHS fans.....well I think it will remain there only memory as OR takes this one 49-14 but not without a 1st half scare...lol

MIF, I’ve never felt anywhere remotely as humiliated as an OR fan as I did that night we lost to CC in 2013. I hope I never have to live through that kind of angst again as a Wildcat fan. Gawd, that was awful.

Edited by SweetScience

16 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

MIF, I’ve never felt anywhere remotely as humiliated as an OR fan as I did that night we lost to CC in 2013. I hope I never have to live through that kind of angst again as a Wildcat fan. Gawd, that was awful.

SS I remember and was like is the end of OR as we have so known the Great History. That was really unbelievable. And I do not think since then CC has not even competed if I can recall.