Clarksville @ Fayette Aca

TheHowler

4 minutes ago, TheHowler said:

Games off due to positive COVID test...not on football team...not on coaching staff...  Just some random middle school staffer.  It'll be a miracle if any more games are played...  This also means no Trinity Christian game next weel either.  2 weeks self quarantine.

That is very strange.  I hope everybody gets well and returns quickly.  Why does a middle school staffer have to do with high school football players?

39 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

That is very strange.  I hope everybody gets well and returns quickly.  Why does a middle school staffer have to do with high school football players?

If I had to take a wild stab at this, I would say since it is a small private school with k-12 in same building, contact tracing could be a culprit?

3 hours ago, TheHowler said:

Games off due to positive COVID test...not on football team...not on coaching staff...  Just some random middle school staffer.  It'll be a miracle if any more games are played...  This also means no Trinity Christian game next weel either.  2 weeks self quarantine.

The Fayette Academy at TCA game, schedule for September 11th, is still on the schedule. Have heard nothing official about this game being canceled or postponed yet

21 hours ago, USJalum88 said:

Although it is a small school and the hallways are shared between classes, I find myself asking that same question...very frustrating.  I'm sure it has to do with contact tracing and fears of liability.

3 hours ago, TheHowler said:

I can assure you it will be.  

If that is the case, why not inform TCA now so that they may attempt to rearrange the schedule or find another opponent. I certainly hope that there is a way that the game can be salvaged between our two schools. I hope that things get better down in Viking territory very quickly. Stay safe.

4 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

If that is the case, why not inform TCA now so that they may attempt to rearrange the schedule or find another opponent. I certainly hope that there is a way that the game can be salvaged between our two schools. I hope that things get better down in Viking territory very quickly. Stay safe.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Thanks for the well wishes, same to the Lions...we were looking forward to a good spirited contest with you guys.  Best of Luck to you during this plagued season!

9 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I can sympathize Reitz... we will be sitting at home tomorrow night. Don't want to bash anyone for holding out hope that somehow they'll be able to play, but do the courteous thing and give your opponent time to fill the void... no need in costing two programs the chance to play when only one is necessary.

5 hours ago, TheHowler said:

I couldn't agree with you more.  Thanks for the well wishes, same to the Lions...we were looking forward to a good spirited contest with you guys.  Best of Luck to you during this plagued season!

I talked with Coach Butler this afternoon and he confirmed that most likely the game will be canceled. It hasn't been officially done yet but most likely it will. It's an important "W" for the Lions but I don't want to get W's in that fashion. I'm already going to have to miss one game on October 16th because I'm having back surgery that day. It will be the first football game I have ever missed in my broadcast career and I'm sick about it. But I just can't have back surgery on Friday morning and then jump in the car and drive to Nashville and broadcast a ball game and then turn around and drive home. That would be at least 5 hours of driving plus game time. I've got to let my back heal for that week.

12 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I talked with Coach Butler this afternoon and he confirmed that most likely the game will be canceled. It hasn't been officially done yet but most likely it will. It's an important "W" for the Lions but I don't want to get W's in that fashion. I'm already going to have to miss one game on October 16th because I'm having back surgery that day. It will be the first football game I have ever missed in my broadcast career and I'm sick about it. But I just can't have back surgery on Friday morning and then jump in the car and drive to Nashville and broadcast a ball game and then turn around and drive home. That would be at least 5 hours of driving plus game time. I've got to let my back heal for that week.

Prayers for a safe and successful surgery Reitz.  That back was giving you fits last time I saw you.  We hate giving the W even more, but this is our world now.