Jackson SS travels to PHS

PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

I feel as usual your pretty spot on,SS could give us trouble simply because is size of squad ,looks like they dress 85.

Peabody needs to get better in the pass defense because I imagine later in year they will see more and more because their run defense is so good.  I do like the play action a lot with Driggers but you can’t run under center all the time when Peabody is passing the football, IMO. especially with a young QB. But I think he is a really good QB. I do expect Peabody will see a lot of passes on defense at some point. 

Edited by pioneer42

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Peabody needs to get better in the pass defense because I imagine later in year they will see more and more because their run defense is so good.  I do like the play action a lot with Driggers but you can’t run under center all the time when passing the football, IMO. especially with a young QB. But I think he is a really good QB. I do expect Peabody will see a lot of passes at some point.

I can agree with this,every cover guy we have are new to it and must grow !

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Peabody needs to get better in the pass defense because I imagine later in year they will see more and more because their run defense is so good.  I do like the play action a lot with Driggers but you can’t run under center all the time when Peabody is passing the football, IMO. especially with a young QB. But I think he is a really good QB. I do expect Peabody will see a lot of passes on defense at some point. 

I’m not following exactly what you are saying. We run and throw under center and run and throw in the shotgun. I’m thinking since we have a new qb they wanted to start doing both because with baugus we always stayed in the shotgun and there were circumstances where we need to be under center with baugus 

9 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I’m not following exactly what you are saying. We run and throw under center and run and throw in the shotgun. I’m thinking since we have a new qb they wanted to start doing both because with baugus we always stayed in the shotgun and there were circumstances where we need to be under center with baugus 

I am pretty sure on some 3rd down plays Driggers has been under center throwing the football in the pocket. Play action rolling out I would be more a fan of and I know they have done that a lot. Just saying he has had a few pick 6’s and on passing downs if I am going to call a pass play in the pocket on third down I think he needs to be in the shotgun for more time rather than under center. Coaches have done an outstanding job with these guys. I will be there tomm. Night checking the game out.

Edited by pioneer42

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am pretty sure on some 3rd down plays Driggers has been under center throwing the football in the pocket. Play action rolling out I would be more a fan of and I know they have done that a lot. Just saying he has had a few pick 6’s and on passing downs if I am going to call a pass play in the pocket on third down I think he needs to be in the shotgun for more time rather than under center.

First pick 6 was Blatant pass interference.  the second one was borderline pass interference they knocked the receiver down. he probably shouldn’t have thrown the ball it was single coverage then turned in to double coverage after ball was thrown.  The last one somebody got a hand on his arm or ball.  He is young  he will progress 

5 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

First pick 6 was Blatant pass interference.  the second one was borderline pass interference they knocked the receiver down. he probably shouldn’t have thrown the ball it was single coverage then turned in to double coverage after ball was thrown.  The last one somebody got a hand on his arm or ball.  He is young  he will progress 

Kid is a player no doubt. I am proud Gibson County and West TN has a power house team.. I honestly think they got a great shot to win it all again. Got to stay focused. I will be there tomorrow night and look forward to watching them.

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Kid is a player no doubt. I am proud Gibson County and West TN has a power house team.. I honestly think they got a great shot to win it all again. Got to stay focused. I will be there tomorrow night and look forward to watching them.

I enjoy discussing football with you. I’ll be there too. One game at time and hope for no injuries