Mount Juliet at Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

7 hours ago, eers said:

This doesn’t sound good for Gallatin... guess they’re not the “Gold Ball” team everyone was hyping them up to be. :popcorneater:

Never heard that at all but definitely have heard Beech talk about it constantly.  Better hope y’all don’t get beat like last year and ruin those title hopes again Lol!  

Gallatin is still finding their way and will be ok.  

Edited by GWAVE1

21 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Never heard that at all but definitely have heard Beech talk about it constantly.  Better hope y’all don’t get beat like last year and ruin those title hopes again Lol!  

Gallatin is still finding their way and will be ok.  

I wasn't going to respond to that one GWAVE, I was thinking the same thing you just said. Curious who he talks to that was crowning Gallatin already. Cause it definitely wasnt anybody on here. I knew before we went into this last game that we had some things to work on. Havent been impressed with the O all year. Too undisciplined. 

But eers was just reaching for reactions as always, lol

17 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I wasn't going to respond to that one GWAVE, I was thinking the same thing you just said. Curious who he talks to that was crowning Gallatin already. Cause it definitely wasnt anybody on here. I knew before we went into this last game that we had some things to work on. Havent been impressed with the O all year. Too undisciplined. 

But eers was just reaching for reactions as always, lol

He was just pushing buttons.  Only crowning I have heard is from Beech but that is fine.  Gallatin was never going 10-0 with this schedule anyway.  As long as they improve, they will be fine.  Also need to get everybody healthy.  I really thought Gentry would play last night.  

Come on guys... :grin:

Wasn’t on here, but I have talked to several people in town that have made some bold predictions. Don’t get me wrong, I love the rivalries that happen when Gallatin is good and this is much better than 4-5 years ago. New coach comes in last year and has a great season... year two people crown him king and talk about state championships and “glory days”. It doesn’t happen that quick. The measure of his success will be years 2-5.

As you guys know, I love banter in good fun. 

2 minutes ago, eers said:

Wasn’t on here, but I have talked to several people in town that have made some bold predictions. Don’t get me wrong, I love the rivalries that happen when Gallatin is good and this is much better than 4-5 years ago. New coach comes in last year and has a great season... year two people crown him king and talk about state championships and “glory days”. It doesn’t happen that quick. The measure of his success will be years 2-5.

Actually wouldn’t it have more to do with the overall level of talent moving up through the ranks. Last year was a blessed year for Gallatin All across the board. This year proves that even after they graduate quite a bit, they can still remain competitive, which wasn’t the case with the last staff. Albeit Gallatin will remain a hotspot area for talent so that shouldn’t be an issue. The coaching staff seems to have proved themselves to be an improvement thus  far. 

9 minutes ago, eers said:

I do not compare Watson to Short, I do compare him to Williams and Lassiter.  Once he has been here awhile then maybe compare.  But I have not heard “ANYONE” talk state Championship this year.  This was one game that is all.  If metro does not infringe on the current schedule then they are loaded with tough teams.  Mt Juliet preformed better than most thought.  Gallatin just has to get better and I am confident they will.  

Edited by GWAVE1

11 minutes ago, eers said:

Agreed. I think they are still on the right trajectory overall. Last night put a lump on their heads. And they can either fold up, or adjust accordingly. I can tell you which of those two options wouldve happened under the 2012-2018 G teams. I think this staff keeps them hungry. They aren't a senior loaded team this year, so we'll see what they can make of it. 

6 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Actually wouldn’t it have more to do with the overall level of talent moving up through the ranks. Last year was a blessed year for Gallatin All across the board. This year proves that even after they graduate quite a bit, they can still remain competitive, which wasn’t the case with the last staff. Albeit Gallatin will remain a hotspot area for talent so that shouldn’t be an issue. The coaching staff seems to have proved themselves to be an improvement thus  far. 

Agree. Good luck to your MJGB's

I love to talk to you guys about this, as you’re both realistic... USUSALLY. :lol:

I don’t think the schedule gets any easier and when I look at it, I’m seeing 6-4 as a real possibility. I will also agree, they appear to be a little different under Watson. How they respond through this schedule will tell a lot. 

24 minutes ago, eers said:

I love to talk to you guys about this, as you’re both realistic... USUSALLY. :lol:

I don’t think the schedule gets any easier and when I look at it, I’m seeing 6-4 as a real possibility. I will also agree, they appear to be a little different under Watson. How they respond through this schedule will tell a lot. 

It’s a tough schedule unless the metros get thrown back in.  Week 10 is the one though!