Mount Juliet at Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

20 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

That was funny thegreatone36...regarding the 2018 coaching staff being gone.  Gallatin has been so consistently NOT great on defense that you can have the pick of the litter.  But this performance was pathetic.  Some of it can be credited to effort (body language says a lot).  Rest was coaching ( zero adjustments).  If there were any adjustments it clearly wasn’t noticeable.  Disagree with the talent level.  Can you note out player upgrades and go-getters on this years Gallatin team.  I don’t see it anywhere.  Hate to be cliche but Good players step up in big games and nobody stood out for Gallatin as a force to be reckoned with.  

5 hours ago, MrBannon said:

That was funny thegreatone36...regarding the 2018 coaching staff being gone.  Gallatin has been so consistently NOT great on defense that you can have the pick of the litter.  But this performance was pathetic.  Some of it can be credited to effort (body language says a lot).  Rest was coaching ( zero adjustments).  If there were any adjustments it clearly wasn’t noticeable.  Disagree with the talent level.  Can you note out player upgrades and go-getters on this years Gallatin team.  I don’t see it anywhere.  Hate to be cliche but Good players step up in big games and nobody stood out for Gallatin as a force to be reckoned with.  

You seem to think this defense has not looked good, or upgraded in the past two seasons and you certainly have the right to that opinion, (no matter how silly I think it is) but if you went to THAT game last night and you're going to point fault in the defense,  I question your knowledge of the game. The offense found no rhythm at all and kept going 3 & out, & MJ had short fields to work with all night because of it.

Defense held them to one score until mid 3rd & just ran out of gas. Can't believe you are going to break down that defense as hard as you did and not mention hardly anything offensively. The real issue at hand.

Gallatin D will continue to improve and do fine. 31 points is the MOST they have EVER let up under coach Watson. Summit scored 27. Beech only managed 14 and even one of those 2 scores were aided by a jump offsides when Beech was attempting a less than 20 Yd FG. Other than that, they have basically pitched shutouts in every other matchup in the last two seasons. Yet somehow you feel they are no good on D? I'm stunned. 

Even tonight, 1 of the 4 scores were not on the defense whatsoever. On that last TD, MJ ran another ill-advised thrown interception back to the goal line. Their 2nd pick off on back-to-back drives. But yeah, totally on the defense last night...

Edited by thegreatone36

Lastly, why will nobody just say it? MJ just looks pretty darn good this year. 3 wins so far, 3-0. And beat Stewarts Creek just as bad if not worse than Oakland did, seeing that Oakland had to leave their 1's in longer than MJ had to against them. MJ rolling this year watch out. 

Edited by thegreatone36

48 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Lastly, why will nobody just say it? MJ just looks pretty darn good this year. 3 wins so far, 3-0. And beat Stewarts Creek just as bad if not worse than Oakland did, seeing that Oakland had to leave their 1's in longer than MJ had to against them. MJ rolling this year watch out. 

Hey, I said it during my first post.  Mt. Juliet is going to be a tough out for a number of teams. 

54 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

It’s comical, you could hold these people down with their life on the line Just to say “mount Juliet is good” and most would take death... lol 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MrBannon said:

Hey, I said it during my first post.  Mt. Juliet is going to be a tough out for a number of teams. 

Well we’re speaking on the many haters of the MJ program, you not included. Most I created, but either way they live life in denial. 

MJ beat a top 6 5a program last night I’ll leave it at that.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBannon said:

I disagree with you on so many points.  Let’s not throw in the towel on the season after one game against a team that could easily go 10-0 this year.  Gallatin is in my opinion still better than they have been coaching wise in several years.  They have 3 coaches on staff that have been a head coach and despite in your opinion of not making changes, it appears more to be just running out of gas.  This was one game, and even though this could be one of the toughest schedules Gallatin has had in decades, you have to give them the chance to try and get things straightened out.  They are still 3-1 on the year and the starting tailback did not even play.  Are there issues, yes.  Give the kids and staff time to improve, I guarantee this staff is not happy about it nor the kids either.  

Give credit to MJ for getting a little revenge from last year.  They have got a good defense and overcame a lot of penalties to beat Gallatin.  The 4th quarter just got out of hand. MJ won, congrats.  See y’all next year, like usual!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I disagree with you on so many points.  Let’s not throw in the towel on the season after one game against a team that could easily go 10-0 this year.  Gallatin is in my opinion still better than they have been coaching wise in several years.  They have 3 coaches on staff that have been a head coach and despite in your opinion of not making changes, it appears more to be just running out of gas.  This was one game, and even though this could be one of the toughest schedules Gallatin has had in decades, you have to give them the chance to try and get things straightened out.  They are still 3-1 on the year and the starting tailback did not even play.  Are there issues, yes.  Give the kids and staff time to improve, I guarantee this staff is not happy about it nor the kids either.  

Give credit to MJ for getting a little revenge from last year.  They have got a good defense and overcame a lot of penalties to beat Gallatin.  The 4th quarter just got out of hand. MJ won, congrats.  See y’all next year, like usual!  

Pretty spot on. I think there is no reason for Gallatin faithful to stress just yet. They have a very capable defense. Offensively is where they have to figure something out, they looked all out of sorts last night. 

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

You seem to think this defense has not looked good, or upgraded in the past two seasons and you certainly have the right to that opinion, (no matter how silly I think it is) but if you went to THAT game last night and you're going to point fault in the defense,  I question your knowledge of the game. The offense found no rhythm at all and kept going 3 & out, & MJ had short fields to work with all night because of it.

Defense held them to one score until mid 3rd & just ran out of gas. Can't believe you are going to break down that defense as hard as you did and not mention hardly anything offensively. The real issue at hand.

Let’s keep it classy thegreatone36.  Besides, we’re on the same team here.  Agree totally with the O’s lack of production in this game.  Let’s just see as we move along in the coming weeks.      

2 minutes ago, MrBannon said:

Let’s keep it classy thegreatone36.  Besides, we’re on the same team here.  Agree totally with the O’s lack of production in this game.  Let’s just see as we move along in the coming weeks.      

Sorry if I came off with no class with that post? Anyways yes you're right, gotta move on to the next one as we face another big 6A team (2nd largest enrollment in the state) next Friday night in Collierville. And so it will be our 5th straight 6A matchup. Only 5A games we play are Henry County Beech & Clarksville Northeast. 

• Like 1