Perry Co. @ Hickman Co.

PCsupporter4life

12 hours ago, Orangecountry said:

I knew watching PC play Mcewen they are getting better. 

If it wasn't for 5 Turnovers, PC would've beaten McEwen even though those two brothers were a machine. Usually they scored after a turnover. But when the Vikings take care of the ball and play like we have seen, they can play with some good teams and Hickman County is a playoff team once their offense starts clicking because they have one of the best defenses i've seen. They held a very good Waverly team to 20 points. Vikings defense did an excellent job and did just enough on offense to get it done. They don't want this to be the only win of the season. They are getting ready for Collinwood next week at home. That's where we will find out how good this Vikings team really is.

4 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

If it wasn't for 5 Turnovers, PC would've beaten McEwen even though those two brothers were a machine. Usually they scored after a turnover. But when the Vikings take care of the ball and play like we have seen, they can play with some good teams and Hickman County is a playoff team once their offense starts clicking because they have one of the best defenses i've seen. They held a very good Waverly team to 20 points. Vikings defense did an excellent job and did just enough on offense to get it done. They don't want this to be the only win of the season. They are getting ready for Collinwood next week at home. That's where we will find out how good this Vikings team really is.

Wouldn’t you say Mcewen pass rush and secondary had something to do with the 5 turnovers. 

Congratulations to Perry County on the big win. I have some relatives in Hickman and they thought that they were pretty solid and was going to have a good year. They also say that the jury is still out on the new coach from Lewisburg, but they want to give him a chance. Beating a larger school at their field is something to build on. Good Luck the rest of the way!

35 minutes ago, Tata said:

Congratulations to Perry County on the big win. I have some relatives in Hickman and they thought that they were pretty solid and was going to have a good year. They also say that the jury is still out on the new coach from Lewisburg, but they want to give him a chance. Beating a larger school at their field is something to build on. Good Luck the rest of the way!

The coaches are from Lewis Co and they will be alright

1 hour ago, Orangecountry said:

Wouldn’t you say Mcewen pass rush and secondary had something to do with the 5 turnovers. 

Yes of course,  they get all the credit for being physical upfront and making PC's QB have to scramble out of the pocket a lot and throw off balance. There were a few throws that shouldn't have been thrown but he has made up for it and does a great job leading the offense.

Just now, PCsupporter4life said:

Yes of course,  they get all the credit for being physical upfront and making PC's QB have to scramble out of the pocket a lot and throw off balance. There were a few throws that shouldn't have been thrown but he has made up for it and does a great job leading the offense.

I think if they would run more quick hitting screens it would help their line out. I think they tried too hard to throw downfield too much in the first half. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Orangecountry said:

I think if they would run more quick hitting screens it would help their line out. I think they tried too hard to throw downfield too much in the first half. 

Yeah I totally agree. They definitely seemed to throw a lot of off balance lobs, but against Hickman County, the line did a better job of protecting the QB and letting him set his feet on two big plays by the WR.