4A Wide Open?

JacketLover

On 9/13/2020 at 9:09 AM, GangTackle said:

Final four:

Elizabethton Vs. Tullahoma 

Haywood Vs. Springfield part 4.

Tullahoma will have to beat Nolensville and Marshall County in back to back weeks in the playoffs, and that will not be easy! Both of those teams are improving and will be tough by November. They are the favorite right now out of that Quad but later in the cold weather/playoffs it could be tough. Marshall County and Nolensville have the experience in big games in the playoffs...Tullahoma does not. Makes it all the more interesting.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Tullahoma will have to beat Nolensville and Marshall County in back to back weeks in the playoffs, and that will not be easy! Both of those teams are improving and will be tough by November. They are the favorite right now out of that Quad but later in the cold weather/playoffs it could be tough. Marshall County and Nolensville have the experience in big games in the playoffs...Tullahoma does not. Makes it all the more interesting.

I feel what Tullahoma does at Beech Friday will tell a lot about them. 

11 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I feel what Tullahoma does at Beech Friday will tell a lot about them. 

Agree. A close battle means they are a legit state championship contender. If not, they could be just another hot team early in the season that fades in the playoffs. Also, they rely a bunch on one player...if he gets hurt or worn down, that could be an issue.

23 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree. A close battle means they are a legit state championship contender. If not, they could be just another hot team early in the season that fades in the playoffs. Also, they rely a bunch on one player...if he gets hurt or worn down, that could be an issue.

from everything I witnessed on Friday against my hapless rebels Tullahoma has a great offensive and defensive line and one very good player with a lot of good high school players around him.  they could lose a few players and still compete in my view

1 minute ago, EagleOldEyes said:

from everything I witnessed on Friday against my hapless rebels Tullahoma has a great offensive and defensive line and one very good player with a lot of good high school players around him.  they could lose a few players and still compete in my view

In the playoffs, that competition stiffens significantly, especially if a key player is missing. Potential Opponents will be nearly identical at that point, plus it’s cold then and that always tightens things up a good bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep county DC out. They spanked Tullahoma last season and they both returned pretty much everybody. DC has played way better competition to this point. Still believe there way better than there record. Aldino has probably the best receivers on one team in the state with Nokes, Knowles and Alexander and 6'6 TE Jones. There team has a ton of College talent and we seen last yr when they get to rolling there tough to stop. There D has to step it up and if it does they could go further than they did last yr. Nokes at DB for 3 yrs has shut people completely down. Knowles 2 yrs in a row has played lights out. Alexander is the fastest kid on the field every Friday night. If Aldino finally decides to throw the ball watch out. 

7 hours ago, Hellidontno said:

Keep county DC out. They spanked Tullahoma last season and they both returned pretty much everybody. DC has played way better competition to this point. Still believe there way better than there record. Aldino has probably the best receivers on one team in the state with Nokes, Knowles and Alexander and 6'6 TE Jones. There team has a ton of College talent and we seen last yr when they get to rolling there tough to stop. There D has to step it up and if it does they could go further than they did last yr. Nokes at DB for 3 yrs has shut people completely down. Knowles 2 yrs in a row has played lights out. Alexander is the fastest kid on the field every Friday night. If Aldino finally decides to throw the ball watch out. 

The LA game will tell a lot about DC.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 3:35 AM, leadfarmer said:

The LA game will tell a lot about DC.

Buddy you are 100 percent correct and they know it to. My son is a Junior and he said that the Players for a fact realize how big this game is. They wont to win a region title for there Coach. Alot of people dog him out but hes a good coach. He truly put DC on the map in Football. This group is really good. They just truly have to play and QB as a 3 yr starter needs to throw the ball. This team is loaded with Talent. Loaded big time. They have at least 4 kids being recruited by D1 teams. That dont sound like alot but it is. Just wanna see them click. Its week 7 if they dont click this week dont know if they will at all. They've killed to terrible teams the last 2 weeks but they were suppose to 

1 hour ago, Hellidontno said:

Buddy you are 100 percent correct and they know it to. My son is a Junior and he said that the Players for a fact realize how big this game is. They wont to win a region title for there Coach. Alot of people dog him out but hes a good coach. He truly put DC on the map in Football. This group is really good. They just truly have to play and QB as a 3 yr starter needs to throw the ball. This team is loaded with Talent. Loaded big time. They have at least 4 kids being recruited by D1 teams. That dont sound like alot but it is. Just wanna see them click. Its week 7 if they dont click this week dont know if they will at all. They've killed to terrible teams the last 2 weeks but they were suppose to 

DC has a good squad. It seems they play in spurts at times. Who knows, they may get hot at the end of the season just like last year.

Edited by leadfarmer

21 hours ago, Hellidontno said:

Who are the four kids being recruited by D-1 Schools and what schools are recruiting them?