Week 5 -- D-B @ HVA

TribalEmpire

9 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

Tough loss tonight 

yeah it was, Boone gave it everything but still ended up making the same stupid mistakes that cost the game.   If you look on the Elizabethton/Boone thread in the 4A chat you will see that I predicted exactly how we would lose this game.    If anybody starts a DobynsBennett/Boone thread I will just cut-n-paste from the Elizabethton thread as to how we will lose the game.   But you know what, the Musket Bowl is shaping up to be a good one!

I hope my fellow DB fans can come back down to earth soon. Predicting these huge blowout scores just sets us up for ridicule when it doesn't happen. DB has a lot of work to do. They haven't played up to their potential yet and we're three games in. Will they get it together? I've seen DB lose games like this more than once. Also everybody thinks all the games between right now and Alcoa at the end of the season are just a inconvenience. Think about this. Daniel Boone has shown their a very good team. They beat Greeneville and out played Elizabethton and should of won that game. Elizabethton was rated the best team in upper east tn. Oak Ridge is not the team we thought they were so that win doesn't carry the weight we thought at the time. Farragut is a lot better than anybody thought. They steamrolled Oak Ridge and we didn't. Science Hill has exploded ever since that loss to Elizabethton. Their QB in playing better than any QB in the state. And they've got a bunch of top notch receivers, plus a very good offensive line. The way things stand right now I'm rating DB's chances of winning any of those three games as even. I just don't think this team is as good as last years was at the end of the season. They need to pick it up a whole bunch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I hope my fellow DB fans can come back down to earth soon. Predicting these huge blowout scores just sets us up for ridicule when it doesn't happen. DB has a lot of work to do. They haven't played up to their potential yet and we're three games in. Will they get it together? I've seen DB lose games like this more than once. Also everybody thinks all the games between right now and Alcoa at the end of the season are just a inconvenience. Think about this. Daniel Boone has shown their a very good team. They beat Greeneville and out played Elizabethton and should of won that game. Elizabethton was rated the best team in upper east tn. Oak Ridge is not the team we thought they were so that win doesn't carry the weight we thought at the time. Farragut is a lot better than anybody thought. They steamrolled Oak Ridge and we didn't. Science Hill has exploded ever since that loss to Elizabethton. Their QB in playing better than any QB in the state. And they've got a bunch of top notch receivers, plus a very good offensive line. The way things stand right now I'm rating DB's chances of winning any of those three games as even. I just don't think this team is as good as last years was at the end of the season. They need to pick it up a whole bunch.

Given DB's history you are wise to be optimistically cautious, but your next 3 games are slam dunks.    Yeah Boone will hang around longer than you would like but DB is NOT going to lose to Boone.   HVA and JC will be lucky to even cross the 50 yard line except late in the game when it doesn't matter.

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

yeah it was, Boone gave it everything but still ended up making the same stupid mistakes that cost the game.   If you look on the Elizabethton/Boone thread in the 4A chat you will see that I predicted exactly how we would lose this game.    If anybody starts a DobynsBennett/Boone thread I will just cut-n-paste from the Elizabethton thread as to how we will lose the game.   But you know what, the Musket Bowl is shaping up to be a good one!

Crockett started out very bad should've beat Ooltewah. Quarterback doing a better job.

5 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

100% correct. Good to see 1 level head. I'm doubting a 9-1 regular season at this point, unless 100% commitment and pedal to the metal commitment commences now.

DB should take care of business if all goes well.You never know at this point what will shake out with this crazy season.DB still needs to clean up some things before they get through all  the region games.Last night was exactly what any east TN 6A team needed to see with Maryville.You can't ever count them out .I've seen them against west Tennessee teams that I thought there is no way they can stay on the field with.Turnovers and mistakes against the Rebs will get you beat nomatter how good you are.Not many teams as good as Alcoa,maybe none on defense . In this area right now ,SH looks to be  very tough before this year is over.

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Go look at the "How good is D-B" thread... you won't see me saying that.

I said in there that I am pretty worried about Farragut and Science Hill.  Those are games we should win... but they're not locks by any means.

15 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Go look at the "How good is D-B" thread... you won't see me saying that.

I said in there that I am pretty worried about Farragut and Science Hill.  Those are games we should win... but they're not locks by any means.

Right now Farragut and Science Hill are looking better than DB. And if Daniel Boone can beat Greeneville and take Elizabethton to the last minute then their capable of beating DB. So DB needs to get it going. I really don't think they'll be undefeated going into the last regular season game. Not from what I've seen so far.