TC at Westmoreland

tcjacket13

12 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

To my knowledge, I don't think it made it into the field house. It's possible that it got into the dummy house (where the practice dummies are under the home stands). Instead of stretching their leg before film with gassers, they swam upstream. 

As bad as the images look, its not the highest ive seen it. (I watched our baseball coach swim over the outfield fence of the baseball field to get to the 2nd story of the dugout in early 2000s).  The creek is usually good for jumping it's banks at least once a year. 

Good to hear... the pictures I seen looked pretty bad!

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

The off week must’ve been really good for Westy. The Sonny Moore poll has them ranked way above TC and H2O.

It was like that last year too. TC beat Westmoreland easily and the next week Westmoreland was still rank higher than TC in the Sonny Moore poll. Give me the old eye teat over anything that a computer puts out about football rankings.

Just now, RTD said:

It's been over 10 years and I bet it was in the late ’90s when Westmorland best TC.

Not over 10 years it was 1st year we started playing them again which I believe was 2016/2017 at Westmoreland, TC won 13-7.

57 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Westy never lays down but they seem to have no chance against TC. When was the last close game between the two teams?

15 hours ago, 123EaglePride said:

I played on the 2000 team for Westmoreland that beat TC on the Creek Bank.  To my knowledge that may be the last Westmoreland win.  The 2 schools did not play in regular season from around 03/04–16/17 or so.  During that time frame it was always scrimmages or Jamboree. 

You are correct. 2000 was the last win in the series for the Eagles. Since the 2 were placed back in the same region in 2015 the Jackets have increase the spread each year. 2015 13-7 (+6), 2016 21-0 (+21), 2017 42-6 (+36), 2018 37-0 (+37), 2019 44-6 (+38). Will the trend continue....?

Did you know.....

Westmoreland's first ever contest in football was played on the Creekbank against the Jackets and oh a sight to see it was, though the old timers from Westmoreland would rather not discuss it. In 1931, the Eagles up start team kicked off the year in Hartsville. The Jackets dominated in historic fashion as Jr. Phil Dickens lead the charge. That night he scored 13......yes you read that right....13 TDs and 15 PATs. A total of 93 points. The Jackets won the game 126-0 and the legend of Phantom Phil was born. He went on to be an All-American in Knoxville and then enter the coaching ranks. He ended his career leading the Indiana Hoosiers. John Oliver has written a couple of great articles about Phil for the Hartsville Vidette the last couple of weeks. You should check them out....

Edited by BCB~MVP