Marion County at Tyner

FridayMainEvent

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'll answer that TRF.

This is a region game.  AND Coach Turner could have taken the forfeiture win over Jasper but didn't. HE rescheduled it.   Jasper reneged on a contract with Walker Valley to play this game.  

Anyone that would forfeit a region game instead of making it up in order to make up a non region game is a flaming idiot. Can’t see how anyone can blame Marion on that one. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

6 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

A region game is a lot more important than any other game. I wouldn't say reneged. There was a $5k buyout of the game but WV coaches said not to worry about it they could find another opponent. They understood the reasoning. 

That's sorta my point PP68.  A region game is important.  Important enough that if you only had 3 days to prepare and play on Saturday you would.

And yes it is reneging on a contract.  That's why there's a $5 grand buyout clause to alleviate any hard feelings and is used as a determent to cause others not to do the same and create all sorts of mayhem. 

Edited by Southtowner

2 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Anyone that would forfeit a region game instead of making it up in order to make up a non region game is a flaming idiot. Can’t see how anyone can blame Marion on that one. 

Our game could have been made up along with their game against Tyner.  

This game against Tyner had no bearing on our game being rescheduled with Jasper.  None at all.

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

That's sorta my point PP68.  A region game is important.  Important enough that if you only had 3 days to prepare and play on Saturday you would.

And yes it is reneging on a contract.  That's why there's a $5 grand buyout clause to alleviate any hard feelings and is used as a determent to cause others to do the same and create all sorts of mayhem. 

You guys are going to have to let it go. What's done is done. 

Just now, PurplePower68 said:

You guys are going to have to let it go. What's done is done. 

I've let it go.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You can't expect others to bend over backwards to help yall out of a scheduling jam and turn around and poke others in the eye with theirs.  

Double standard in my book.

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I've let it go.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You can't expect others to bend over backwards to help yall out of a scheduling jam and turn around and poke others in the eye with theirs.  

Double standard in my book.

If I recall I think TSSAA wanted region games made up if at all possible. Obviously the teams involved in this game had no problems with the schedule changes.

20 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Feller that ain’t a nary bit hard to figure out. Yous see, Pruitt knowds his group of purple clad warriors weren’t going to come close to beating the Pirates. Pert near the same mind set regarding WV. Each game come before a region game. Pruitt my be a coward, but he’s not stupid enough to forfeit a region game. Figure them jailhouse fellers can’t afford to forfeit region games and want to be as healthy as possible. Old Pirate says the Pirates would have physically monkey stomped the Warriors! Does you have any idea how long it takes to recover from one of them? Recon a smart long time!  GO RAMS, Old Pirate says Rams by 8,  More Ifin the Rams play with discipline. 

Funniest thing I've read all day lol.

6 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

If I recall I think TSSAA wanted region games made up if at all possible. Obviously the teams involved in this game had no problems with the schedule changes.

TSSAA had a plan in place if it was needed where all region games would have taken precedence had we started the season late.  As you know they voted to go with the Hybrid plan that was introduced.  The governor allowed football to be excluded from the restrictions that were in place and the whole season was back on.

No where does the TSSAA say region games must be played.  

That's part of my point.    Tyner didnt have to play this game. They didnt have to reschedule to accommodate yall.   But Coach Turner did.  It is something your coach was unwilling to do for the Pirates and our game.

Edited by Southtowner