SCS cancelling football season

TheHowler

I wonder if TSSAA will allow student transfers from SCS schools into the smaller county private schools.  It would solve 2 problems...#1 it would allow the student athletes the opportunity to play, #2 it would level the playing field for those schools who don't have boosters who recruit athletes.  Sauce for the goose so to say.

(eyeroll) Replying to the "all them private schools that's winnin' is cuz they recruitin" sentiment is exhausting. The vast majority of our players, even the superstars, are born and bred USJ kids. Yes, a few kids come here in the 9th grade (because kids sometimes change schools going into HS) but usually not as many as leave. No one gets a free ride at USJ. If financial aid is desired, they apply through a neutral third party and we follow those recommendations to a fault. Everyone has to put some skin in the game. Do you know what the handful of current D1 college players from USJ along with almost every current playmaker on the field on Friday night have in common? They also played for the USJ Bears in 5th and 6th grade. There are exceptions to every situation, but I assure you we run a tight ship here. If you have concerns about a specific "recruit", please feel free to speak up. However, I suspect this is more broken record of assumptions and generalizations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, USJalum88 said:

Like Fayette  Academy was able to do last year with those Macon Road Baptist athletes?  How many did FA get from that team? 8 ?

Yeah, and the situation was the same.  MRBS shut down the football program and the athletes transferred...except they all paid tuition since there are no scholarships.  Nice try though.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

(eyeroll) Replying to the "all them private schools that's winnin' is cuz they recruitin" sentiment is exhausting. The vast majority of our players, even the superstars, are born and bred USJ kids. Yes, a few kids come here in the 9th grade (because kids sometimes change schools going into HS) but usually not as many as leave. No one gets a free ride at USJ. If financial aid is desired, they apply through a neutral third party and we follow those recommendations to a fault. Everyone has to put some skin in the game. Do you know what the handful of current D1 college players from USJ along with almost every current playmaker on the field on Friday night have in common? They also played for the USJ Bears in 5th and 6th grade. There are exceptions to every situation, but I assure you we run a tight ship here. If you have concerns about a specific "recruit", please feel free to speak up. However, I suspect this is more broken record of assumptions and generalizations.

(eyeroll) right back atcha Hoss.  

• Like 1

If SCS kids choose to transfer, they will have to meet the transfer requirements to be eligible to play immediately. I doubt very few of them will meet those transfer requirements and none of them should be given a hardship waiver. The parents should stand up to Ray and stay on the SCS doorstep every day until he concedes. I don’t think he ever will because his ego won’t allow it. I feel bad for the kids, parents and coaches, they’re the ones missing out and losing in this situation. 

1 hour ago, gcapride said:

If SCS kids choose to transfer, they will have to meet the transfer requirements to be eligible to play immediately. I doubt very few of them will meet those transfer requirements and none of them should be given a hardship waiver. The parents should stand up to Ray and stay on the SCS doorstep every day until he concedes. I don’t think he ever will because his ego won’t allow it. I feel bad for the kids, parents and coaches, they’re the ones missing out and losing in this situation. 

School board should vote him out. And if they don’t parents should keep that in mind during future school board elections. 

15 hours ago, gcapride said:

TSSAA should waive transfer requirements, this is clearly an exception.  And yes, Joris Ray should summarily be dismissed.  LET EM PLAY!!!!!!