Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

Pretty appetizing non-region contest here.  Boone has beaten Greeneville and put the fear of God into defending champ and current #1 in 4A Elizabethton already this season.  However, the Trailblazers lost to Tennessee High, who D-B has already defeated soundly in week 1, 35-0.

Also, this game will be shown on WCYB FOX Tri-Cities and streamed on the WCYB Facebook Live stream on Friday night for those who can't make it to JFJ.  Should be a good one.

Discuss.

DB wins this one.... Before anyone says which DB,there isn't but one and that's Kingsport Dobyns Bennett.Sure Daniel Boone is a threat and will come to play without a doubt.Maybe because it's early saturday morning and I'm just a bear but if DB can't take Daniel Boone to the woodshed next week,then that's pathetic .Image result for  whipping paddel

• Like 1

Guys, Boone is 4-0 in the MVL (Moral Victory League).    The problem is we run too many self-destruct plays at the worst possible times.     So in this DB game you can rest assured we will put the ball on the carpet a minimum of 3 times and throw 2 picks.... what DB does with those gift-wrapped presents is up to them but I suspect we all know the answer.     When all the smoke clears Boone will be 5-0 in the MVL....

40 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Guys, Boone is 4-0 in the MVL (Moral Victory League).    The problem is we run too many self-destruct plays at the worst possible times.     So in this DB game you can rest assured we will put the ball on the carpet a minimum of 3 times and throw 2 picks.... what DB does with those gift-wrapped presents is up to them but I suspect we all know the answer.     When all the smoke clears Boone will be 5-0 in the MVL....

And DB will counter with about 100yrds. in penalties. I think there's no question db is the best team DB has faced so far. After watching last nights game I think it's clear there's no improvement in the secondary. Receivers running wide open all night.  As usual, the only pass defense DB has is the pass rush. The plus is, DB has the offense that can either score quickly or grind it out and eat up the clock. I think this one goes down to the wire.

• Upvote 1

I'd put Boone around the lower middle on DB's schedule.Have to put Alcoa and Farragut at the Top and SH is playing some good ball right now. Be hard to put Boone in front of TH, Oak Ridge and MW as well.Goes without saying if you just show up and have an awesome pregame and don't come back out of the locker room,Boone will be hanging those banners on Interstate 26 again.The coaches still have to make adjustments to what Boone will try  and the players have to carry out the game on the field.

2 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

I'd put Boone around the lower middle on DB's schedule.Have to put Alcoa and Farragut at the Top and SH is playing some good ball right now. Be hard to put Boone in front of TH, Oak Ridge and MW as well.Goes without saying if you just show up and have an awesome pregame and don't come back out of the locker room,Boone will be hanging those banners on Interstate 26 again.The coaches still have to make adjustments to what Boone will try  and the players have to carry out the game on the field.

The Indians don't have to do anything more than show up, Boone will give them plenty of opportunities, gift-wrapped and hand-delivered.    It's what we have done all season so why change now....     Don't be lulled into thinking otherwise if the first half is close, just hang on for our 2nd half meltdown.     Now if Boone decided to show up and play a COMPLETE game, all FOUR quarters....   nah, never gonna happen

I can talk the talk because I'm not playing.However,when you think your king of the Hill,that's when those McMinn games sneak in.My thinking is Boone will show up and try their best to make the headlines this weekend.There are several coaches on DB's staff that can quickly let the players know they have not won anything yet .If the players  don't play a lot smarter against the tougher teams on the schedule,much less in the playoffs,it could be down right embarrassing . My best analogy today is with the weight room.I had a friend who took advantage of all legal and not so much legal supplements when lifting. With my challenge ,he took a regular bench bar with 45's on each side and curled it three times. Not a big deal because that was what I curled for reps.The big deal was he balanced  and curled it with one arm for reps.I said your the man and he thought so too.Later over a skinny 175 pounder's wife,I also seen him get hit about 135 times to maybe four.Point is,nothing is a guarantee when your opponent is highly motivated...….

I am sorry but this is a 3 score game atleast. Boone isn't good enough in the pass game to stay very close. Blair is an amazing player but The Tribe front 7 keeps him well under 100. And I dont see Boone holding The offense under 30 tbh. Db is Boones toughest opponent yet by far. Boone is good dont get me wrong. But if this is even a game in the start of the 4th I'd be highly surprised

1 minute ago, RollTribe98 said:

The reason we had a history of choking games away in the playoffs is because we played one of the WORST schedules in the state. Fellas we aren’t playing in a conference with Central, Volunteer, South, Boone, Crockett, etc anymore....We play in a big boy conference now and we are dominating. 

DB 42 

Boone 7 

That is exactly the score i was thinking. ROLL TRIBE