Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

9 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

Kingsport DB needs to figure out field goal kicking before they can even think to make it through the tough games ....

I would say the kicking won't see much improvement. The kicker is a senior. He's doing the best he can but lets face it, probably ain't gonna' happen. He struggles with PAT's so there's no way I'd line up for a field goal in a tight game. I'd just go for two after touchdowns. Funny thing is seems like he's doing a really good job on kick offs. Not kicking many in the end zone but his kicks are hard to handle. 

13 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Or,the game will slow down for Farragut after those first couple of weeks and DB will look much more average. My sophomore year for the Devil's ,I noticed MW was using some of their younger starters in the jv game.So instead of practice on the offense ,I talked the coaches into letting me go in at linebacker.I'll never forget that game against other 10th and 11th graders after playing some of the area's best on friday.I might as well been in their huddle.I was at the ball so quick,I had to choose to take the QB or running back.Took them both out more then once.Ha, looking back,I should have just took the snap.Just kidding a little but there is a huge difference with great competition...Now,unless Farragut is beat up,the game will slow down some.let us not also forget that a month from now could mean nobody is playing with all the schools opening up and many kids spreading anything from the cold to the flu or worse.

BATMAN - I just heard, is BVD ok now?    Still in the hospital?

11 minutes ago, guthook said:

DB by 21

They can score 21 in the 1st quarter.   Unfortunately our guys are just too beat down at this point.   If we played you earlier in the year then we could give you a good game and maybe even win,  but this is just one of those games with the outcome predetermined and you just go thru the motions to get it over with.   That is the problem with scheduling very tough teams, it is a 2-sided coin.    On the one side there are those who will say that playing much better teams helps you prepare for your region games and the playoffs.     On the other side of that coin though is that after getting beat down week after week the team loses their focus, their will to keep going.   Moral victories only carry you so far.     DB names the score but I don't see them running it up just because they can.    Once we hit a running clock the starters get benched so look for a final of something like 48-7.    Maybe next year we could play DB in the first couple of games and make it more competitive but we always seem to get you guys mid-season...

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

They can score 21 in the 1st quarter.   Unfortunately our guys are just too beat down at this point.   If we played you earlier in the year then we could give you a good game and maybe even win,  but this is just one of those games with the outcome predetermined and you just go thru the motions to get it over with.   That is the problem with scheduling very tough teams, it is a 2-sided coin.    On the one side there are those who will say that playing much better teams helps you prepare for your region games and the playoffs.     On the other side of that coin though is that after getting beat down week after week the team loses their focus, their will to keep going.   Moral victories only carry you so far.     DB names the score but I don't see them running it up just because they can.    Once we hit a running clock the starters get benched so look for a final of something like 48-7.    Maybe next year we could play DB in the first couple of games and make it more competitive but we always seem to get you guys mid-season...

You're trying to hard. I ain't buyin' it. Boone might be the best team DB has faced. It'll be close.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

15 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

That's keeping it real Blazer.Now ,most of the time coaches kind of use the war mentality.Big time when I played and our parents and coaches had gotten back from Vietnam.I remember a coach talking about a player who made a play and got injured really badly a year or two earlier.With tears in his eyes,the coach said he looked up at me and asked " did I get him coach ''.It fired the team up. Different time and place compared to today and what works.Still, nomatter what the odds,those Boone players will be looking to win or atleast make a statement to show they are tough.

DB with only their 2nd home game to date and have the Defensive Backs all back in their spots this week. 

Boone is obviously tough as nails but have played a crazy schedule.

DB getting win #800 in season #100 - that's a strong statement for the program over a century!

DB defense is best against the run and if Boone can't run, Boone can't score.

Indians roll Trailblazers - 40-00

6 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Everyone marking this down as a blowout but who has DB played? This game could have a lot of DB fans squirming a bit. Blazer is always self depreciating but Boone is a decent team that gave Greeneville and EHS all they wanted. I'd be surprised if its a blowout but a closer game wouldn't surprise me one bit

Appreciate the vote of confidence.   In reality Boone is a couple of plays away in each game from being 4-0 but in the end a loss is a loss is a loss......    We'll take a moral victory over DB so in either case it's a win-win.

On 9/21/2020 at 3:25 PM, blazer1set said:

If the Farragut game was this week I would agree with you, but the Admirals have Maryville, Science Hill and Dobysn Bennett back-to-back-to-back and I think by the time they come to Kingsport they will be too beat down to give the Indians a game.

Have to correct you blazer... the Farragut game is actually in Knoxville.  But I do like the fact that they play three tough games back to back to back.