Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

22 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Looks like the rain will stop before the game.That's a good thing.DB has probably won some great games in the rain but some of my least fond DB football memories were games with bad weather.That playoff game at SH with it raining and in the thirties had to be the coldest game I've ever watched . I'd take 10 degree weather over that night.

I was at that SH game and it was brutal

26 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I was at that SH game and it was brutal

I had insulated stuff on and rain gear but someway still got wet .I was more worried about the kids then myself.My yougest won't wear a coat for anything but thank goodness he did wear the cold gear I bought him for that night as one of the 9th graders that got to move up and freeze on the sidelines.Those guys looked like a bunch of Penguins huddled and trying to stay warm.

1 hour ago, BatmanDB said:

Looks like the rain will stop before the game.That's a good thing.DB has probably won some great games in the rain but some of my least fond DB football memories were games with bad weather.That playoff game at SH with it raining and in the thirties had to be the coldest game I've ever watched . I'd take 10 degree weather over that night.

I was at the Red Bank and Dobyns-Bennett game in 2000 and that was the worst game I have ever been to because it poured the rain before and after the game.Gerald Riggs Jr was the RB for Red Bank.The most rain I have ever seen at a game.

2 hours ago, lawnman said:

I was at the Red Bank and Dobyns-Bennett game in 2000 and that was the worst game I have ever been to because it poured the rain before and after the game.Gerald Riggs Jr was the RB for Red Bank.The most rain I have ever seen at a game.

That was one of those woulda shoulda DB years .The fastest rain that I ever seen move into a stadium for a DB game was at the Castle.The worst weather was for a DB scrimmage and I think it was at Halls or one of the Knoxville area schools.Drove down for nothing because the lightning was bad and then I think the field was unplayable with so much water afterwards.

37 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

That was one of those woulda shoulda DB years .The fastest rain that I ever seen move into a stadium for a DB game was at the Castle.The worst weather was for a DB scrimmage and I think it was at Halls or one of the Knoxville area schools.Drove down for nothing because the lightning was bad and then I think the field was unplayable with so much water afterwards.

I think DB was the better team that year and I believe the rain hurt them that year.

Hot news on WCYB. Someone associated with DB football has tested positive. Don't know yet if it will stop the game from happening. They are chasing contact information right now.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/individual-associated-with-dobyns-bennett-football-program-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Edited by DBGRAD70

12 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Hot news on WCYB. Someone associated with DB football has tested positive. Don't know yet if it will stop the game from happening. They are chasing contact information right now.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/individual-associated-with-dobyns-bennett-football-program-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Just saw that...     I sure hope we get to play even though it will be another beatdown, taking a COVID win just doesn't feel right.       Actually our main concern should be for the infected individual.