Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

22 minutes ago, IndiansForLife said:

I’m a DB fan and I’m with you. It just isn’t a good look for DB to have the visiting team cancel the game because they are trying to protect their players from the home teams players. I’m interested in learning the procedures DB have in place. I would think it would be in DB’s best interest to get every player tested by the end of the day for next week.

I took a very unpopular stance from the start and yes for personal reasons.I understand young families with many kids like one of our school board members.I'm just in a different situation.Leave schools mostly virtual and if the teams stay clean,then consider letting them play was my first thought.Testing only the team at any open school is a waste of time with kids all over the schools and around each other in the halls.A lot of school systems  around the state are going to have to either punt or try a 60 yard field goal as the weather gets worse in the fall. 

1 minute ago, LINEDAD said:

S.O.B.! Boone found a way out of an #### whipping and took it. I hate it for the DB Seniors who loose a game (and a Home game at that) they will never get a chance to play (already had open date).

my guess...DB never signs to play Boone again in FB

Agreed......As a Boone fan I would much rather see the inevitable beatdown than to not even play the game.     As to future games, there are only a handful of area teams capable of playing DB year in and year out so my guess is that these two will continue playing, else you have to go down to Knoxville and try to pick up someone

Am I correct that the Boone AD is the father of Patrick Good, the ETSU bb player who just opted out of playing this year despite the fact that he tested positive for COVID recently and therefore presumably was not at risk of contracting it again himself anytime soon?  Just wondering if they may share an unrealistically paranoid view of the COVID situation.

6 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Am I correct that the Boone AD is the father of Patrick Good, the ETSU bb player who just opted out of playing this year despite the fact that he tested positive for COVID recently and therefore presumably was not at risk of contracting it again himself anytime soon?  Just wondering if they may share an unrealistically paranoid view of the COVID situation.

No, Patrick’s father is John Good.