Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

9 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Have to correct you blazer... the Farragut game is actually in Knoxville.  But I do like the fact that they play three tough games back to back to back.

DB might could beat Farragut this Friday, hard to really know at this point, but after the Ads have tangled with Maryville and Science Hill they should be easy pickins.......

I guess my thinking is this today.Sure a lot of things can happen to change the outcome but if both teams are mostly  healthy and DB can't make pretty quick work of Boone,then nobody needs to factor a glorious 6A title run.The Devil's this year are not even close to a couple years ago and Elizabethton apparently has a few things to work out.Either way, this isn't Oakland or Maryville and if DB can't take care of  games like this,then let's get ready for basketball season.

1 hour ago, BatmanDB said:

I guess my thinking is this today.Sure a lot of things can happen to change the outcome but if both teams are mostly  healthy and DB can't make pretty quick work of Boone,then nobody needs to factor a glorious 6A title run.The Devil's this year are not even close to a couple years ago and Elizabethton apparently has a few things to work out.Either way, this isn't Oakland or Maryville and if DB can't take care of  games like this,then let's get ready for basketball season.

I've been limited to just listening to the D-bennet game on the radio so whoever been in person has a more clearer view than me. Jmo even if D-bennet wins in a route the offense still lacks to even be thinking about competing against Oakland and murvil, best part it's only week 6 an there's still plenty time to improve.

I really like the defense, Waco said after the Hardin valley game that HV had receivers running free all day and maybe D-bennet pressure got to HV where the qb didn't have time to hit the open guys, they need to get that corrected. Now my limited POV other than a couple of screens that gash the DB defense they played solid.

18 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

I've been limited to just listening to the D-bennet game on the radio so whoever been in person has a more clearer view than me. Jmo even if D-bennet wins in a route the offense still lacks to even be thinking about competing against Oakland and murvil, best part it's only week 6 an there's still plenty time to improve.

I really like the defense, Waco said after the Hardin valley game that HV had receivers running free all day and maybe D-bennet pressure got to HV where the qb didn't have time to hit the open guys, they need to get that corrected. Now my limited POV other than a couple of screens that gash the DB defense they played solid.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Boone receivers are running free all night too, but it won't matter because we will run Blair 68 times.   Who knows, maybe that is in the school charter or something.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Hardin Valley had lots of speed.  Their skill guys on offense I thought were faster than the D-B defensive backfield.  However, the D-B D-line kept the Hardin Valley QB scrambling a lot of the night also.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Hardin Valley had lots of speed.  Their skill guys on offense I thought were faster than the D-B defensive backfield.  However, the D-B D-line kept the Hardin Valley QB scrambling a lot of the night also.

It all starts up front nomatter what level of football your talking.I remember a great QB from South coming to J Fred in 2006.DB had pressure on him all night and he was limited because of it.Curt would go on and play D1 football at Wisconsin.I remember an NFL playoff game when a six seed team from Pittsburgh gave Peyton Manning fits up front all night and then they went on to win it all that year.Sometimes like Pittsburgh,it gets the job done.That works great until you run into a team that can pick up the  blitz and make quick decisions as well as adjustments.If Boone  has a running game to keep the defense off balance and then can also throw the ball, It will come down to coaching.To be honest from what I've seen ,Boone is capable but DB has to raise their Bar to where it needs to be and end this game early or let Boone hang those banners again.

I like playing DR.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ,going from one extreme to the other.I was just thinking of how we are all guilty of using common opponents and why you shouldn't.Boone has been equal on the field this year to Elizabethton and Greeneville.Could have beat or lost to both.Elizabethton beats SH fairly easy but SH destroyed Greeneville.How you mathup, injuries and if a team grows or becomes stagnant, factor along with a multitude of other things such as turnovers and weather.Looking at Boones schedule and what their opponents have done is pretty  interesting.The odd game is TH and one that would make DB fans feel pretty comfortable unless you factor all those things into it..Could be Boone just plays to their competition ,win or lose .If that's the case,this could be a great game.like 27-20.I'm pulling for a 42- 10 DB win however.We will see soon enough.

22 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

I like playing DR.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ,going from one extreme to the other.I was just thinking of how we are all guilty of using common opponents and why you shouldn't.Boone has been equal on the field this year to Elizabethton and Greeneville.Could have beat or lost to both.Elizabethton beats SH fairly easy but SH destroyed Greeneville.How you mathup, injuries and if a team grows or becomes stagnant, factor along with a multitude of other things such as turnovers and weather.Looking at Boones schedule and what their opponents have done is pretty  interesting.The odd game is TH and one that would make DB fans feel pretty comfortable unless you factor all those things into it..Could be Boone just plays to their competition ,win or lose .If that's the case,this could be a great game.like 27-20.I'm pulling for a 42- 10 DB win however.We will see soon enough.

All good points Batman, but you have to also remember that Boone's guys are emotionally drained at this point, playing everybody tough but still choking in the end will do that to you.    Getting beat down week after week starts you thinking in terms of moral victories, or playing to make it respectable, stuff like that instead of truly believing deep down that you can win.      As I have stated earlier, if the Boone/DB game was in week 1 or 2 then I think Boone could hang with the Tribe because we have some good players.   Just too many turnovers and stupid mistakes though to ever win consistently.    On the other hand, DB does seem to have a tendency to let teams hang around who they should be blowing out, so ya never know.....

20 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Everyone marking this down as a blowout but who has DB played? This game could have a lot of DB fans squirming a bit. Blazer is always self depreciating but Boone is a decent team that gave Greeneville and EHS all they wanted. I'd be surprised if its a blowout but a closer game wouldn't surprise me one bit

Who has boone played? Greeneville and Betsy? Not buying that. Put either of them on the field with DB and the tribe is gonna beat the brakes off of them. Its not the same betsy team as last year. Not even close to it. DB wins this game by as much as they want. Blair cant do it alone and The front 7 shuts him down. Under 100 yards. maybe 50

31 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Who has boone played? Greeneville and Betsy? Not buying that. Put either of them on the field with DB and the tribe is gonna beat the brakes off of them. Its not the same betsy team as last year. Not even close to it. DB wins this game by as much as they want. Blair cant do it alone and The front 7 shuts him down. Under 100 yards. maybe 50

I agree with your comments about Betsy and Greeneville, neither are at the level they have been in the past.

58 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I agree with your comments about Betsy and Greeneville, neither are at the level they have been in the past.

Boone, Betsy, and Greeneville are all good teams. DB is just blessed with size. 3000+ kids is ofcourse gonna produce more athletes than a school with 1500 (not sure of the actual populations). Im least convinced of Betsy to be honest. Ofcourse they are good. Im just not big on Rollins. Hes got an arm but he is too quick to scramble out of the pocket. Hang in there and let your playmakers get open. That scrambling may work sometimes but when you start playing bigger competition, certain teams will shut it down. Boone slowed that down quite a bit. I see more close call game in the near future and a playoff exit before they hit the west side of Knoxville this year. Im just not sold. I said in a AC thread that between the 3 (AC, Greene, and Betsy) that Anderson is the best all around team. But we know what opinions are like and everyone has one lol

19 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Boone, Betsy, and Greeneville are all good teams. DB is just blessed with size. 3000+ kids is ofcourse gonna produce more athletes than a school with 1500 (not sure of the actual populations). Im least convinced of Betsy to be honest. Ofcourse they are good. Im just not big on Rollins. Hes got an arm but he is too quick to scramble out of the pocket. Hang in there and let your playmakers get open. That scrambling may work sometimes but when you start playing bigger competition, certain teams will shut it down. Boone slowed that down quite a bit. I see more close call game in the near future and a playoff exit before they hit the west side of Knoxville this year. Im just not sold. I said in a AC thread that between the 3 (AC, Greene, and Betsy) that Anderson is the best all around team. But we know what opinions are like and everyone has one lol

Just as an fyi....      https://tssaa.org/article/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021#di-football

Dobyns-Bennett     2208
Daniel Boone          1314
Anderson County   1060
Greeneville               913
Elizabethton             819

In general more students = more athletes, yeah there are exceptions but that is why you don't see DB or Science Hill playing North Greene, Unaka, etc.        Now of course there are exceptions, as we shall see on Oct 29 when Alcoa (646) comes rolling into Kingsport.....