Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

For the record, I believe COVID losses and wins should only matter for the region games since those are what decide the playoff seedings and whatnot.  Since Boone canceled, I guess D-B gets a COVID win, so the Tribe are on the good side of that, but don't think it's right for Boone to get an 'L' on their record either for a game that doesn't mean anything playoff wise.

So under the rules, this is a non region no contest win for DB.

I'm not trying to stir the pot but I guess fans are a little out of the loop.  I have heard it was a JV football player, that's fine, are we saying the JV kids have no contact with the varsity?  I know I have dealt with smaller schools and not the big DB, but we are saying we have an outbreak amongst only the JV players and they have no contact with the varsity?  I didn't know that Kingsport had enough kids so that freshmen, jv, and varsity were all spread out so much that they had enough for their own teams and they were away from one another.  That's a ton of kids.  I don't blame Boone for cancelling, it is a non-region game and they have the rest of the way with conference games.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

For the record, I believe COVID losses and wins should only matter for the region games since those are what decide the playoff seedings and whatnot.  Since Boone canceled, I guess D-B gets a COVID win, so the Tribe are on the good side of that, but don't think it's right for Boone to get an 'L' on their record either for a game that doesn't mean anything playoff wise.

They don't, its a no contest I believe.  DB gets the win Boone gets nothing except their final record will only have 9 games on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

They don't, its a no contest I believe.  DB gets the win Boone gets nothing except their final record will only have 9 games on it.

Gotcha.  Well, let's hope the Jeff County game next week doesn't get canceled too.  Don't want to see a region game get forfeited against a winless team who has no chance beating the Tribe on the field.

Just now, SWVAHavokFan said:

Gotcha.  Well, let's hope the Jeff County game next week doesn't get canceled too.  Don't want to see a region game get forfeited against a winless team who has no chance beating the Tribe on the field.

No I absolutely agree.  It's odd that when other teams in Sullivan County had one case, they shut the programs down.  DB has, from what I heard, multiple cases yet it wasn't shut down.  If the JV kids who got it were separated then that is fine and good, but from the outside looking in it just seems not likely that those kids haven't been around one another.  On paper at least.  I was hoping this game would happen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, formerblazer said:

No I absolutely agree.  It's odd that when other teams in Sullivan County had one case, they shut the programs down.  DB has, from what I heard, multiple cases yet it wasn't shut down.  If the JV kids who got it were separated then that is fine and good, but from the outside looking in it just seems not likely that those kids haven't been around one another.  On paper at least.  I was hoping this game would happen.

I’m a DB fan and I’m with you. It just isn’t a good look for DB to have the visiting team cancel the game because they are trying to protect their players from the home teams players. 

Edited by IndiansForLife

The Sullivan County Health Department was apparently involved. They have the legal authority to shut the game, football program,  and the whole school down if they deemed there was risk. THEY did the tracking down, not DB non-health field professionals. They do the quaranteening.  It would be on THEM.  So this talk of it looking bad for DB is just that - talk. Guaranteed- the health dept gave the green light.

Edited by DBGRAD70