2A Sonny Moore Power Ratings 9/21

Trollin

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

It's hard not to respect Peabody. It's not like you havent won back to back championships and working on the 3rd. Myself I'm just enjoying some acknowledgement for Meigs. I have normally broken down our team during preseason, but with covid I could only see what was on the practice field. RunnerUp did a good break down but for me this team reminds me of the 98 Volunteers. You just graduated one of if not the best players you've ever had and ended up with a great year. But that doesn't mean you arent a better team the next year because every other position is nearly as good or in some spots better. Meadows played last year but wasnt the #1 runner for our team as you know. He was good last year and had 1700 all purpose yards I believe I read somewhere, but this year he has filled out some possibly a tad quicker and definitely has a battery on him that wont quit. I just believe this years team would match up alot better with your last years team all across the board. That doesn't mean were better than you are this year, To me though it means we are better than we were last year. Just my thoughts.

I agree.  We are a better overall team.  In the championship we were also without our number 1 receiver who was injured against TC in semifinal and one of our best corner and defensive player who was suspended for the championship game for a questionable play that happened in the TC game.  We also overused Swafford and didn't spread the ball around. 

This year I feel we have several solid options on offense and the defense is going to be hard to score on.

8 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Meadows was good last year. He had a good run and a good screen catch both go for probably 20 maybe 30 yards each but both called back for penalties.   He just wasn't given many opportunities as was anyone else. That was Swaffords team and 90 percent of the play calls went to him.  We were to predictable.  We had other solid options but just didn't spread the ball out.  Our number one receiver was out. He broke his leg in the semifinal against TC.

Good post

14 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It's hard not to respect Peabody. It's not like you havent won back to back championships and working on the 3rd. Myself I'm just enjoying some acknowledgement for Meigs. I have normally broken down our team during preseason, but with covid I could only see what was on the practice field. RunnerUp did a good break down but for me this team reminds me of the 98 Volunteers. You just graduated one of if not the best players you've ever had and ended up with a great year. But that doesn't mean you arent a better team the next year because every other position is nearly as good or in some spots better. Meadows played last year but wasnt the #1 runner for our team as you know. He was good last year and had 1700 all purpose yards I believe I read somewhere, but this year he has filled out some possibly a tad quicker and definitely has a battery on him that wont quit. I just believe this years team would match up alot better with your last years team all across the board. That doesn't mean were better than you are this year, To me though it means we are better than we were last year. Just my thoughts.

You have alot of respect from this way friend ! You guys are top notch plain n simple and imo by far the best bet to come out of the East this year ! I think your play design will have to spread the ball around more! But that's not a bad thing.

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

You have alot of respect from this way friend ! You guys are top notch plain n simple and imo by far the best bet to come out of the East this year ! I think your play design will have to spread the ball around more! But that's not a bad thing.

We spread it around alot this year between backs and our receivers. We arent easy to figure out this year. Keeps em guessing.

45 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I agree.  We are a better overall team.  In the championship we were also without our number 1 receiver who was injured against TC in semifinal and one of our best corner and defensive player who was suspended for the championship game for a questionable play that happened in the TC game.  We also overused Swafford and didn't spread the ball around. 

This year I feel we have several solid options on offense and the defense is going to be hard to score on.

Everybody is banged up that time of year. It’s just a matter of luck in who and how bad. Dickson had a sprained mcl and halbrook had a problem with his hip there were more I just can’t remember off the top of my head. 

37 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Everybody is banged up that time of year. It’s just a matter of luck in who and how bad. Dickson had a sprained mcl and halbrook had a problem with his hip there were more I just can’t remember off the top of my head. 

We know here in Meigs. That should have been our third trip in a row to Cookeville. Swafford and our all state back Martin Smith back to back along with several others.  At least we got one trip out of Swafford.   

I dont know why you guys even tried to throw the ball in the first half last year with that big back you had last year. You all would have put us away early if you would have just gave him the ball.

7 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

We know here in Meigs. That should have been our third trip in a row to Cookeville. Swafford and our all state back Martin Smith back to back along with several others.  At least we got one trip out of Swafford.   

I dont know why you guys even tried to throw the ball in the first half last year with that big back you had last year. You all would have put us away early if you would have just gave him the ball.

Believe it or not he had a sprained mcl,he was only at about 50 percent,and honestly our QB had his worst 1st half his whole time at PHS that day !

15 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Believe it or not he had a sprained mcl,he was only at about 50 percent,and honestly our QB had his worst 1st half his whole time at PHS that day !

Our secondary was really good last year. They did not help him out any. :roflol:Were slowly getting them back up to speed this year. 

7 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Our secondary was really good last year. They did not help him out any. :roflol:Were slowly getting them back up to speed this year. 

believe it or not but we won a lot of games with that pass threat. Not so much the run. That was how they would loosen teams up for the pass. In the championship game was the first time we saw play after play feeding Jarel the ball that I can remember. Normally they mix it up more. The year Peabody beat Trousdale it was because if special teams and the pass.

38 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

He had a sprained mcl. They ran him a bunch his sophomore year. They only ran him when necessary his junior senior year.

we have 2 more big backs this year are both around 190 dickson was around 210. We haven’t ran the big backs much this year either 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

He had a sprained mcl. They ran him a bunch his sophomore year. They only ran him when necessary his junior senior year.

we have 2 more big backs this year are both around 190 dickson was around 210. We haven’t ran the big backs much this year either 

I might get my Tide card pulled but Vaughn is as good or better than Dickson,and Burkett runs harder up the gut ! Jarel was the most intelligent back I have seen come thru PHS ,followed his blocks and almost always made the right cut.

6 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

believe it or not but we won a lot of games with that pass threat. Not so much the run. That was how they would loosen teams up for the pass. In the championship game was the first time we saw play after play feeding Jarel the ball that I can remember. Normally they mix it up more. The year Peabody beat Trousdale it was because if special teams and the pass.

If they would have fed jarel against fairley. We would have won by 2 tds 

• Upvote 1