GreenEville heads up I81 north to overtake the castle and challenge the 5a TH Vikings

Romansfive8

1 hour ago, VolsBy40 said:

I’m not a fan of either team. Just a fan of good football. Me and a friend went to this game tonight hoping for a good football game. It was a close football game but idk if I’d call it a good one. Both teams looked poorly coached (especially THS) and I was a little disappointed. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed the game. Just don’t like watching ugly football. THS coaches should be fired for only letting #24 touch the ball 6 times. He scored on 3 of those touches. Kid is good. Offense should be set around that kid. Threw it to him maybe 2 more times. They give him more touches and I think they beat GHS. 

They beat Greeneville by 3 scores if they get 24 the ball. He had 0 touches in the first half. Played defense the whole game and the one pick six he got was about all he contributed. Didn’t make much sense to limit his touches (or completely ignore him) for most of the game if he’s not an impact player on the other side of the ball. I saw somewhere the head coach at TN high gets around $9k for a coaching supplement, that is highway robbery for the level of coaching and game management tonight. They had the ball to end both halves and did nothing with it either time and looked totally unprepared. 

16 minutes ago, SpreadAttack said:

They beat Greeneville by 3 scores if they get 24 the ball. He had 0 touches in the first half. Played defense the whole game and the one pick six he got was about all he contributed. Didn’t make much sense to limit his touches (or completely ignore him) for most of the game if he’s not an impact player on the other side of the ball. I saw somewhere the head coach at TN high gets around $9k for a coaching supplement, that is highway robbery for the level of coaching and game management tonight. They had the ball to end both halves and did nothing with it either time and looked totally unprepared. 

I think 3 scores is very possible. #24 looked that good. That coach should have to give every THS fan their money back for coming to the game tonight. Doesn’t deserve an extra 9000 on top of his salary. Where are all the devil fans at? I’d like to hear their honest opinion on tonight’s game. 

7 minutes ago, VolsBy40 said:

I think 3 scores is very possible. #24 looked that good. That coach should have to give every THS fan their money back for coming to the game tonight. Doesn’t deserve an extra 9000 on top of his salary. Where are all the devil fans at? I’d like to hear their honest opinion on tonight’s game. 

I’ve got extended family playing at 3 different schools right now so even though I can’t watch every Devil game live I’d still consider myself a fan. I did get to watch my nephew play live and watch the Devil game against Boone on grassroots though so that and this one are the only two I’ve got to see. Greeneville hasn’t really impressed me much yet. TN should have beat us tonight if their coaches weren’t inept. We could have scored more than 28 too though if not for some shady calls by the refs...

14 hours ago, SpreadAttack said:

I’ve got extended family playing at 3 different schools right now so even though I can’t watch every Devil game live I’d still consider myself a fan. I did get to watch my nephew play live and watch the Devil game against Boone on grassroots though so that and this one are the only two I’ve got to see. Greeneville hasn’t really impressed me much yet. TN should have beat us tonight if their coaches weren’t inept. We could have scored more than 28 too though if not for some shady calls by the refs...

We’re used to the inept coaching. We’ve let a lot of games slip away over the last few years  from poor coaching and play calling. We were not prepared for the short clock and our QB was like a deer in headlights. We put the Snyder kid in throughout the game on offense and he drove the ball down the field, especially in the wildcat. But on the last drive, he’s standing on the sidelines. This, along with how they choose who plays, is what drives THS fans crazy. 
With that being said, Greeneville was more aggressive throughout the game. My hats off to them. Especially the kid that stepped in at QB. He played very well. I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope the injured kid is able to get back soon. I’m not sure of the extent of his injury, but I hope he can get back on the field soon. 
Go whip Elizabethton!!  I’ll be pulling for you. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Viking2004 said:

We’re used to the inept coaching. We’ve let a lot of games slip away over the last few years  from poor coaching and play calling. We were not prepared for the short clock and our QB was like a deer in headlights. We put the Snyder kid in throughout the game on offense and he drove the ball down the field, especially in the wildcat. But on the last drive, he’s standing on the sidelines. This, along with how they choose who plays, is what drives THS fans crazy. 
With that being said, Greeneville was more aggressive throughout the game. My hats off to them. Especially the kid that stepped in at QB. He played very well. I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope the injured kid is able to get back soon. I’m not sure of the extent of his injury, but I hope he can get back on the field soon. 
Go whip Elizabethton!!  I’ll be pulling for you. 

I’m afraid Betsy will be whipping the Green Devils. That game won’t even be close IMO. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, VolsBy40 said:

I’m afraid Betsy will be whipping the Green Devils. That game won’t even be close IMO. 

Without saying it's going to happen.This season was supposed to be Elizabethton's and last year was a coin flip without the Devils two headed coin,sort of speak.The only thing that has surprised me somewhat was the Betsy vs Boone game and the Devils lack of early defensive play.I  expected Elizabethton to be dominate  in most every game this year and knew the Devils would be getting a lot of young people some experience...

Lol you Viking “fans” are some jokers. I bet if somebody gave you a marker and put y’all on the board, you wouldn’t have a clue where to start. What plays should the vikings have ran against the Greeneville defense? heck, you don’t know. Your offensive knowledge is only as deep as the latest madden video game. Not to mention the only defense you know is the base 4-4 defense your middle school team ran when your #### rode the pine. Hahaha I love this website. A bunch of couch/stands coaches!