Week 7 - Oak Ridge @ Karns

CardinalGrey

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It especially hurt after coming off of that great win vs MJ.

Your right and played good vs Powell.Man what happened to that offense?With so many players back it dont make sense that we are not close to playing that good.Our WRs are so good and we a have a QB who has been playing almost 3 yrs of varsity and a D1 RB.We just always look out of sync 

7 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Your right and played good vs Powell.Man what happened to that offense?With so many players back it dont make sense that we are not close to playing that good.Our WRs are so good and we a have a QB who has been playing almost 3 yrs of varsity and a D1 RB.We just always look out of sync 

I have no clue, my friend. Your guess is as good as mine. In spurts we still look really good, but other times like tonight we just bog down in the red zone. It has just been really inconsistent so far. Hopefully we can find some more consistency over the next few weeks. We’re definitely gonna need it against the competition we’ll be up against.

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I have no clue, my friend. Your guess is as good as mine. In spurts we still look really good, but other times like tonight we just bog down in the red zone. It has just been really inconsistent so far. Hopefully we can find some more consistency over the next few weeks. We’re definitely gonna need it against the competition we’ll be up against.

I agree and hope win or lose the Mt.Juliet game its a spring board to what we should be on offense

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I want to comment on your post but I also want to be gentle and proper at the same time. First of all, what you say is correct ON PAPER but not in reality, at least not from where I'm sitting. Let's just put it this way, some of the guys you mention just do not play well against top notch opposition. And I don't think this team has any D1 prospects, only a few good high school players. Injuries have taken away the team's fastest player, the team's ability to snap the ball with consistency, and the best running back on the team has been hurt all season and isn't up to par......he couldn't even outrun Karns or Clinton last week, but he did outrun Powell last year, who is faster than both of them. Plus, let's just say OR is never loaded with linemen. I'll be very interested to see how certain positions play against this last three opponents. We better hope the defense is on top of their game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

So, Jackson isn’t a D1 athlete? Just making sure we’re on the same page and what you wrote here isn’t a misprint.

I'll make a general statement and you can take it for what it's worth. First of all, D1 offers are a dime a dozen and doesn't make a player a D1 athlete. Secondly, being a good high school player doesn't make someone a D1 athlete. Thirdly, I saw a player on the OR team last year that I thought "might" be a D1 athlete, who hasn't looked like one this year. Finally, I sincerely hope that I'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I'll make a general statement and you can take it for what it's worth. First of all, D1 offers are a dime a dozen and doesn't make a player a D1 athlete. Secondly, being a good high school player doesn't make someone a D1 athlete. Thirdly, I saw a player on the OR team last year that I thought "might" be a D1 athlete, who hasn't looked like one this year. Finally, I sincerely hope that I'm wrong.

A dime a dozen? That’s a little bit of exaggeration there. How many other players from OR besides Higgins, Middleton, and Jackson have been offered high profile D1 offers the past 15-20 years? I’m not talking ETSU, UT-Martin type offers. Hardly a dime a dozen. Give the kid a break, he has been hurt all year, not to mention he isn’t running behind what I’d call a very good line. Heck, I would be hard pressed to call it average at this point. The kid has took a pounding this year because of it too. I don’t know if he’ll go on to be a star at wherever he chooses to go, but I do think you’re dead wrong on your assessment of him. Put him behind a Farragut line or Maryville line, and we wouldn’t even be having this discussion. The greats @ OR in terms of running backs (Bohannon, Summers, Gulmire, Williams) all ran behind great offensive lines. Just remember that.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

I want to comment on your post but I also want to be gentle and proper at the same time. First of all, what you say is correct ON PAPER but not in reality, at least not from where I'm sitting. Let's just put it this way, some of the guys you mention just do not play well against top notch opposition. And I don't think this team has any D1 prospects, only a few good high school players. Injuries have taken away the team's fastest player, the team's ability to snap the ball with consistency, and the best running back on the team has been hurt all season and isn't up to par......he couldn't even outrun Karns or Clinton last week, but he did outrun Powell last year, who is faster than both of them. Plus, let's just say OR is never loaded with linemen. I'll be very interested to see how certain positions play against this last three opponents. We better hope the defense is on top of their game.

Couldn’t agree more but also let’s not leave out very poor coaching; bad decisions everywhere, lack of execution on both sides of the ball. This team lacks focus and that’s a coaching responsibility. 
Sad truth is nothing will get better until the coaching staff is rectified starting at the top and at every side of the Offense. The DB coach is probably the worst I’ve seen in 30 years of watching the Cats. 
My 2 cents for what it’s worth: watching kids that are dressed out playing grab #### when the team is getting blown out is absolutely appalling. Every blowout loss this year you see dressed out kids jumping and playing grab #### on the sidelines; big smiles, just having them a real ball. That’s unacceptable and the fact that the coaches allow that tells me they lack focus. 
Whippin a very bad team like Karns means absolutely nothing. In fact, I overheard someone last night saying that the 3 teams OR beat this season has a single win among them. Pathetic. Nothing to celebrate here. 
The coaches need a whippin. They lack focus and allow these kids to play grab ####. 
I guarantee you all these kids get participation ribbons after every game. Horrible. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bonkers said:

100% agreed with your statement. 

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

A dime a dozen? That’s a little bit of exaggeration there. How many other players from OR besides Higgins, Middleton, and Jackson have been offered high profile D1 offers the past 15-20 years? I’m not talking ETSU, UT-Martin type offers. Hardly a dime a dozen. Give the kid a break, he has been hurt all year, not to mention he isn’t running behind what I’d call a very good line. Heck, I would be hard pressed to call it average at this point. The kid has took a pounding this year because of it too. I don’t know if he’ll go on to be a star at wherever he chooses to go, but I do think you’re dead wrong on your assessment of him. Put him behind a Farragut line or Maryville line, and we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

What I mean is that many kids get offered who will never play D1 ball. I have nothing bad to say about the OR running back, I think he's a very good player.