Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

17 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington will have to do some adjusting going forward if our 1st and 2nd string QBs are hurt.

Come On Man, you can randomly pull someone outta the band to run Cov's offense. Honestly all they do is hand it off, and when they do happen to pass it's most often so wide open, even a shot put will suffice. To validate, didn't Cov's lone score come from a surprise pass from backup?

Other than that I thought him keeping the ball hurt the Cov offense(he the backup didn't seem to realize that the D would rather he keep it). or maybe that was coach's plan, is he a good runner?

To add, hard to believe a Sr QB would let an ankle injry that he seems to be walking on keep him out of the game(a game like this at that and with an open wk & with much much weaker upcoming opponents) Was it a choice/plan going with the other Qb?

Just now, Goldenpride said:

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE is it safe to say Milan is back again? 

Congrats, glad we played y’all the first game. Dawgs are on a roll now

Milan is playing extremely well. We are only 7 games into the Diffee era but this team is night and day from last year. I would like to see if Diffee keeps this up before I say “we are back”. But there is no doubt I like what I see so far. Thanks for the kind words bro. 

3 hours ago, wolfchase said:

Come On Man, you can randomly pull someone outta the band to run Cov's offense. Honestly all they do is hand it off, and when they do happen to pass it's most often so wide open, even a shot put will suffice. To validate, didn't Cov's lone score come from a surprise pass from backup?

Other than that I thought him keeping the ball hurt the Cov offense(he the backup didn't seem to realize that the D would rather he keep it). or maybe that was coach's plan, is he a good runner?

To add, hard to believe a Sr QB would let an ankle injry that he seems to be walking on keep him out of the game(a game like this at that and with an open wk & with much much weaker upcoming opponents) Was it a choice/plan going with the other Qb?

I would guess it was a coach's decision to pull the QB, I sure wouldn't say he let anything keep him out...

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So Kevin38 you have seen Milan play a couple of times now. Curious your thoughts as a neutral observer?

I will start by saying it is night and day compared to the 1st time seeing them, I have also seen Covington a couple times and still feel they are a very good football team...

Milan is very good defensively, and I say they are outstanding offensively as well, they only scored 14 because that Chargers defense is the real deal, right NOW the only 3A team I would put ahead of them is Alcoa. I would have Milan and Covington ahead of Pearl Cohn for now, BUT it is razor close on all fronts, gonna be some very exciting match-ups come playoff time in the wet bracket.....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I will start by saying it is night and day compared to the 1st time seeing them, I have also seen Covington a couple times and still feel they are a very good football team...

Milan is very good defensively, and I say they are outstanding offensively as well, they only scored 14 because that Chargers defense is the real deal, right NOW the only 3A team I would put ahead of them is Alcoa. I would have Milan and Covington ahead of Pearl Cohn for now, BUT it is razor close on all fronts, gonna be some very exciting match-ups come playoff time in the wet bracket.....

Which games did you see Milan play?  I assume Lexington and Covington. Another poster who is neutral on the subject watched Pearl Cohn play EN last Friday and said PC was scary good. I really think if Milan can stay healthy their schedule will pay dividends come play off time. Wins against Lexington and Covington who are both 6-1 and wins over S Gibson and Huntingdung who are both 5-2. We play Hardin Co. in a couple of weeks. That will be a huge test for us. 

11 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I would vote Milan #2 in the AP poll this week. Let's see how that turns out. SGC should make the top 10.

Last week Milan was #5. Red Bank and Loudon were at #3 and #4. They both won convincingly. I think Alcoa will be #1 this week followed by Red Bank and Loudon with Milan at #4 and Covington at #5. But in all seriousness PC should be up there but aren’t because they have only played 2 games.  I definitely agree about South Gibson. They are a good team. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

43 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Which games did you see Milan play?  I assume Lexington and Covington. Another poster who is neutral on the subject watched Pearl Cohn play EN last Friday and said PC was scary good. I really think if Milan can stay healthy their schedule will pay dividends come play off time. Wins against Lexington and Covington who are both 6-1 and wins over S Gibson and Huntingdung who are both 5-2. We play Hardin Co. in a couple of weeks. That will be a huge test for us. 

I saw the Peabody and Covington games, watched Pearl Cohn's game Friday too, they are good, like I said razor close on all fronts...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington QB with some kind of tendon injury. A week in a boot, then re-assess. 

He was really hobbling on the sideline from the time he was injured til the end. Never would have gone back in except the backup got hurt. 

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it isn’t too serious and the young man recovers quickly.