Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa plays lights out defense. Milan and Covington play great defense as well. It will come down to which team can score enough points against these great defenses.

I think that an Alcoa match up with Milan would be much like the Peabody Vs Milan match up. They had much better O line. Eventually you would wear on our D line and get too much of a push. I think we may could slow you down for a half but that would be it. Our kids will fight anyone to the end but when you are outmatched your just outmatched. 

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think that an Alcoa match up with Milan would be much like the Peabody Vs Milan match up. They had much better O line. Eventually you would wear on our D line and get too much of a push. I think we may could slow you down for a half but that would be it. Our kids will fight anyone to the end but when you are outmatched your just outmatched. 

It will come down to the team that throws the ball well enough to keep the defenses from loading the box and commenting to stop the run. Alcoa does have a big o-line, but 5 can not block 7..8...11.  

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

It will come down to the team that throws the ball well enough to keep the defenses from loading the box and commenting to stop the run. Alcoa does have a big o-line, but 5 can not block 7..8...11.  

You are correct. In our game versus Peabody, Milan was up at halftime 13-7. They came out on back to back drives to start the 3rd and scored on long completions. We were matched up man to man in the secondary and everyone else is laying the run. We were missing #22 DJ Jeffries who is a db committed to Central Michigan next year. His length and speed would have negated those long td passes and help us to continue to cheat up on the run. Having him now helps big time. 

I find it humorous the bickering occurring on the TN Top 100 Facebook page. The pic that they posted is silly. Can’t tell from a still photo where the ball was when his knee touched down. Thank goodness someone posted a pic of his knee touching down in the comments and a video as well. Also a pic of Anthony Browns foot in bounds when he made the catch to put us up in the 3rd OT. Further arguing is just silly at this point. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Listened to this game on the radio and really enjoyed listening to it. Two great teams that matched up well and made for a great game. Congrats to Milan!! Bet the Chargers cant wait for rematch. 

Hopefully both teams finish strong and stay healthy. I hope both of the Covington qbs heal from their injuries and are at full strength for the rematch. 

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hopefully both teams finish strong and stay healthy. I hope both of the Covington qbs heal from their injuries and are at full strength for the rematch. 

I don’t think by any means South Gibson will be a pushover and we’ll have to beat them in playoffs to get rematch!!

5 minutes ago, bglass said:

I don’t think by any means South Gibson will be a pushover and we’ll have to beat them in playoffs to get rematch!!

No sir. They won’t be a push over but you won’t have to beat them in the playoffs. You will get Westview. Since the Memphis teams are not playing Milan will get South Gibson in the second rd and you will get Westview. The bracket for the first rd would have looked like this. 
#1 Milan vs R8 #4

R8 #2 vs #3 South Gibson

#2 Covington vs R8 #3

R8 #1 vs #4 Westview

This is assuming you guys take care of business with S Gibson in the regular season. If it works out like this you just replace the R8 teams with byes. And you have Milan vs SGC in rd 2 at Milan and Covington vs WV at Covington in rd 2. 

35 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No sir. They won’t be a push over but you won’t have to beat them in the playoffs. You will get Westview. Since the Memphis teams are not playing Milan will get South Gibson in the second rd and you will get Westview. The bracket for the first rd would have looked like this. 
#1 Milan vs R8 #4

R8 #2 vs #3 South Gibson

#2 Covington vs R8 #3

R8 #1 vs #4 Westview

This is assuming you guys take care of business with S Gibson in the regular season. If it works out like this you just replace the R8 teams with byes. And you have Milan vs SGC in rd 2 at Milan and Covington vs WV at Covington in rd 2. 

That turf would be nice to play on in mid-November, usually, our field is a mess by that time! Covington played really fast on Westview's turf, I believe it will help them if that's how it works out. Of course, I'm sure it helps you guys as well. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I find it humorous the bickering occurring on the TN Top 100 Facebook page. The pic that they posted is silly. Can’t tell from a still photo where the ball was when his knee touched down. Thank goodness someone posted a pic of his knee touching down in the comments and a video as well. Also a pic of Anthony Browns foot in bounds when he made the catch to put us up in the 3rd OT. Further arguing is just silly at this point. 

The page needs to quit insinuating things too. They posted the video of him catching the ball with no good view of whether he was in or not.  The arguing though is pretty ridiculous with the proof that’s been shown. A bunch of mad mommas lol 

Edited by Tide21
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

The page needs to quit insinuating things too. They posted the video of him catching the ball with no good view of whether he was in or not.  The arguing though is pretty ridiculous with the proof that’s been shown. A bunch of mad mommas lol 

Yep. Good thing we showed his foot down on the catch and the Covington runner short on the OT play. Officials did a good job. I understand people want to support their children and will do so bitterly some times. But the right calls were made and all need to just move on. We will get to do this again in a few weeks. 

• Like 1