York Institute Football

secretagentman

What was witnessed tonight with the YAI football team and program has to be an all time low.  Extremely undisciplined football with a ton of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties.  Football is a contact physical sport but the performance shown by the Dragon Football team was very uncalled for in many different ways.  The administration at York needs to step in quickly before it gets majorly out of hand.

22 hours ago, secretagentman said:

What was witnessed tonight with the YAI football team and program has to be an all time low.  Extremely undisciplined football with a ton of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties.  Football is a contact physical sport but the performance shown by the Dragon Football team was very uncalled for in many different ways.  The administration at York needs to step in quickly before it gets majorly out of hand.

Agree. (about discipline...not about administration). They didn't get much preseason practice, are young with injuries and a freshman quarterback. Last night was bad. There's no excuse for 140 yards in penalties. Two plays cost them two games, so they could be 3-2 instead of 1-4. They're not consistent. They keep changing players...too many different backs. But they have a lot of young talent and will get better. Fans need to come out and support them, win or lose.

Edited by bobcatfan300
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 12:20 AM, secretagentman said:

Will York be moving down in Classifications come next year? 

16 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Last year they said they would not move down even if they could. With the new coach I haven't heard if they will or not. The closest 2A region would be Oneida, Wartburg, etc.

I say they will move down I think the region might look like this

Jackson County

Monterey

Oneida

Wartburg

York

Meigs more like go to region 3 if not they will be in this group

18 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Last year they said they would not move down even if they could. With the new coach I haven't heard if they will or not. The closest 2A region would be Oneida, Wartburg, etc.

I talked to Previous last year and he said they’d move if they were 2a.  I’m sure the new staff would to why would they not.  The 3a region would be terrible with travel 2a would give them even a better travel budget than they currently have. With the projections Meigs county would be the furthest travel if they are in the same region.  Only draw back I see is the time zone difference on most region games. 

9 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

I say they will move down I think the region might look like this

Jackson County

Monterey

Oneida

Wartburg

York

Meigs more like go to region 3 if not they will be in this group

Meigs should be in the same region with Polk, Tellico, Tyner, Marion, Bledsoe----Would be more natural rivalries...

7 hours ago, YAIDAD said:

I talked to Previous last year and he said they’d move if they were 2a.  I’m sure the new staff would to why would they not.  The 3a region would be terrible with travel 2a would give them even a better travel budget than they currently have. With the projections Meigs county would be the furthest travel if they are in the same region.  Only draw back I see is the time zone difference on most region games. 

why would they not move down?