Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

13 minutes ago, Tyty2020 said:

That was not the question that you asked first off so dont REWORD it now. I dont believe any spectator as you say got into an altercation with another player.. may need to revisit the tapes to see what other CORNERSVILLE PLAYERS ACTUALLY put HANDS-ONon the CITY TIGERS pretty sure it was definately more than #40... and if you dont care, then let those wondering minds ask the questions that they want the answers to so badly.. js

Ok so was they player that is eligible in week 8 ejected? If so was he a player or spectator? Are the consequences the same? I was honestly someone other than a city fan would comment. I know they never do anything wrong and are always getting picked on. 

32 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

I understand parents in youth sports are some of the worst examples of what people should act like in a civilized society. I generally try to avoid interactions with those types of people because it is like talking to a fence post. I don’t put you in that category as the majority of your posts just want to talk ball and appear to have real insight, with the exception of the hood/ghetto Tigers comment. But I will just chalk that up to frustration after the game and not really knowing the people at City. What I hate is people constantly looking for ways to tear these kids down. They are great kids. I have bible study with a lot of these boys and several help me on the farm. They are great kids who deserve a chance to let their hard work pay off. I also understand that if you are going to be on message boards, there are going to be idiots and you got to have thick skin. At the end of the day, TSSAA has the film and they are going to do whatever they want and we all got to live with it. I do think Cornersville started it and I hope City kids who did not fight don’t lose more than a game. To me, that  would not be right. 

I just watched the film again that is on cornersville site. You can clearly see the personal foul suplex from the cornersville player that im sure was due to frustration because city was fixin to score again and put this game away. I believe this was also after the horse collar tackle a couple of previous plays earlier and the personnel foul call that backed them up but then city responded again from that. On film i cant see why the city players got tossed honestly. I hate you guys will not be able to represent our region well against a tough Gordonsville team. Hope this plays out right and the right decision are made by TSSAA. Still how can the player who was not eligible be ejected if he is not participating? I know of a time we had a fan get on the field in a altercation similar to this at FCA and i believe he was banned for a year from any TSSAA event. 

Edited by Raider2021

36 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Ok so was they player that is eligible in week 8 ejected? If so was he a player or spectator? Are the consequences the same? I was honestly someone other than a city fan would comment. I know they never do anything wrong and are always getting picked on. 

Are you a grown adult or a child? Because you are being very childish right about now. How do you know if i am a city fan or not, because i am speaking truth about a ballgame. I like football period WHOEVER is playing. However right is right and wrong is wrong period and if you watched the film as you claim then you should have seen alot going on all night long. And because i point out truth i have to be a CITY fan, smh. I could judge and assume things about you always being negative and being a MOORE County fan but i dont. Im not here for all that. I personally dont know anything about an ineligible or eligible player. The HORNET as you say thats flying around or even TSSAA can answer that question for you I'm sure better than anyone else so why not just ask them.. js

4 minutes ago, Tyty2020 said:

Are you a grown adult or a child? Because you are being very childish right about now. How do you know if i am a city fan or not, because i am speaking truth about a ballgame. I like football period WHOEVER is playing. However right is right and wrong is wrong period and if you watched the film as you claim then you should have seen alot going on all night long. And because i point out truth i have to be a CITY fan, smh. I could judge and assume things about you always being negative and being a MOORE County fan but i dont. Im not here for all that. I personally dont know anything about an ineligible or eligible player. The HORNET as you say thats flying around or even TSSAA can answer that question for you I'm sure better than anyone else so why not just ask them.. js

Welcome to the T. I bet your a bama fan as well. Its crazy how fans come out of the wood work when teams are doing good. Several on here know who i am and am not hard to find when my raiders are playing. 

29 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

I just watched the film again that is on cornersville site. You can clearly see the personal foul suplex from the cornersville player that im sure was due to frustration because city was fixin to score again and put this game away. I believe this was also after the horse collar tackle a couple of previous plays earlier and the personnel foul call that backed them up but then city responded again from that. On film i cant see why the city players got tossed honestly. I hate you guys will not be able to represent our region well against a tough Gordonsville team. Hope this plays out right and the right decision are made by TSSAA. Still how can the player who was not eligible be ejected if he is not participating? I know of a time we had a fan get on the field in a altercation similar to this at FCA and i believe he was banned for a year from any TSSAA event. 

I appreciate that and apologize if I took your question out of context. At the end of the day, the TSSAA is in charge and will do whatever they want to. I am not against us getting punished if we did something wrong. I am hoping we didn’t. Proof will be on the film that I’m sure TSSAA has multiple copies of. 

17 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Welcome to the T. I bet your a bama fan as well. Its crazy how fans come out of the wood work when teams are doing good. Several on here know who i am and am not hard to find when my raiders are playing. 

LoL... SMH.. will be praying for you.. bless it...  

Edited by Tyty2020

5 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

I appreciate that and apologize if I took your question out of context. At the end of the day, the TSSAA is in charge and will do whatever they want to. I am not against us getting punished if we did something wrong. I am hoping we didn’t. Proof will be on the film that I’m sure TSSAA has multiple copies of. 

Do you have a answer to the question regarding how a ref can throw someone out that is not participating? I know the administration can throw spectators out that are not participating but i did not see cornersville administration get involved. Looked like this happened on the field. I do have to kudos to your coaching staff and the players left that finished the game on how they responded. Hope we can meet up again this year sometime 

20 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Do you have a answer to the question regarding how a ref can throw someone out that is not participating? I know the administration can throw spectators out that are not participating but i did not see cornersville administration get involved. Looked like this happened on the field. I do have to kudos to your coaching staff and the players left that finished the game on how they responded. Hope we can meet up again this year sometime 

I don’t have an answer to that. And I also have no idea who was ejected in addition to the 4 players. I was told one of the guys who was ineligible walked the 4 ejected players back to the locker room and was not actually ejected. But that is second hand from the Fayetteville side. It may not be correct.

I would like to play y’all again. I think we both have a shot to make a run. And at this point, I would pull for MC the rest of the way if y’all beat us. But there are a couple of MC posters who are making that increasingly difficult. I assume y’all will have to go to Huntingdon in the 2nd round if everything plays out like I think it will. Don’t know much about them. I think I will probably go watch them play at Wayne Co Friday since we are off. 

On 10/4/2020 at 10:48 AM, 93grad said:

I believe 5 were ejected.  4 were playing and the 5th was not dressed out due to an injury.  

This is correct from what I hear.  The player in street clothes is injured.  He is one of the best defensive guys we have.  He didn't play against Moore County or since.  He is not one of the kids who will be able to play week 8 or the other kid who will be ready to go after the regular season.   Hopefully, he can come back for the last two games and the playoffs.  It seems like Fayetteville is going to get stronger at the end of the year!

Edited by GreatTiger
spelling
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 10:01 AM, Raider2021 said:

Which Cornersville website are you referring to @Raider2021  ?  I didn't see anything on the high school website except for like a 20 minute video from their Facebook page, the last 20 after the suplex body-slam. 

17 hours ago, GreatTiger said:

This is correct from what I hear.  The player in street clothes is injured.  He is one of the best defensive guys we have.  He didn't play against Moore County or since.  He is not one of the kids who will be able to play week 8 or the other kid who will be ready to go after the regular season.   Hopefully, he can come back for the last two games and the playoffs.  It seems like Fayetteville is going to get stronger at the end of the year!

I think you are right as well.  The injured player has been out most of the season, but in the first few games he was a force.  He had his game jersey on and walked on the field when all the hoorah started. We have a couple more that will be eligible towards the end of the season, and now that we locked in a playoff spot, they should be able to contribute, if not just to provide relief for some other players.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:29 AM, Richmond30 said:

I understand parents in youth sports are some of the worst examples of what people should act like in a civilized society. I generally try to avoid interactions with those types of people because it is like talking to a fence post. I don’t put you in that category as the majority of your posts just want to talk ball and appear to have real insight, with the exception of the hood/ghetto Tigers comment. But I will just chalk that up to frustration after the game and not really knowing the people at City. What I hate is people constantly looking for ways to tear these kids down. They are great kids. I have bible study with a lot of these boys and several help me on the farm. They are great kids who deserve a chance to let their hard work pay off. I also understand that if you are going to be on message boards, there are going to be idiots and you got to have thick skin. At the end of the day, TSSAA has the film and they are going to do whatever they want and we all got to live with it. I do think Cornersville started it and I hope City kids who did not fight don’t lose more than a game. To me, that  would not be right. 

No disrespect and I know that it is your opinion but I would not say that "Cornersville started it."  Once again, I know that it is your opinion, but you nor I was in the game, did not play so therefore we do not know who started what.  This back and forth went on the whole game.  I told the people around me that the game was going to get out of hand since the first quarter.