Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

That cornersville Offensive line is stout. It’s being anchored by Barrett Powers #54 and Blake Jones #70. Barrett powers is a returning starter from last years o line and Blake had a couple starts under his belt coming into this season. They handled that big 6’5 kid from MTCS fairly well. That’s not to say that the rest of the offensive line isn’t stout but those 2 are the clear leaders, I look for this to be a battle until the very end for the dawgs, but I think they’ll pull it out 21-14. Should be an interesting game to watch. 

12 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

I didn’t realize that. It will be tough to win if City gets pushed around. I saw their speed at our place last year. They had a jr rb that was the fastest kid I saw in our region including our team last year.

He is there and Runs the ball hard. I see this game be a battle and I think cornersville will physically out play city. When we put pressure on city they struggled in the second half. 

Edited by Raider2021

1 hour ago, Raider2021 said:

He is there and Runs the ball hard. I see this game be a battle and I think cornersville will physically out play city. When we put pressure on city they struggled in the second half. 

We played better in the first half. Y’all played better in the second. That was the best single A game I have ever seen start to finish. Plus both sides had big crowds. I heard that was the biggest gate we ever had. I think cornersville, city and MC are all top 10 teams this year. We’ll find out Friday if we can handle cornersville’s size. Both teams have talent. It will probably boil down to a couple of key plays and penalties. Hoping for another good game. 

2 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

We played better in the first half. Y’all played better in the second. That was the best single A game I have ever seen start to finish. Plus both sides had big crowds. I heard that was the biggest gate we ever had. I think cornersville, city and MC are all top 10 teams this year. We’ll find out Friday if we can handle cornersville’s size. Both teams have talent. It will probably boil down to a couple of key plays and penalties. Hoping for another good game. 

Agree. Line of scrimmage goes to cornersville, I would say speed goes to city, big play ability goes to city, defense goes to cornersville, big game experience goes to cornersville and home field advantage goes to cornersville. 

Should be another great single A game. 

This game should mean the region title for City.  I don't think Cornersville can play 4 quarters with Fayetteville.  Too much speed and too many skill guys.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's close early since it's at Cornersville but City will be be playing for more than just a w.  28-13 City.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 93grad said:

This game should mean the region title for City.  I don't think Cornersville can play 4 quarters with Fayetteville.  Too much speed and too many skill guys.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's close early since it's at Cornersville but City will be be playing for more than just a w.  28-13 City.  

I agree with you--the Tigers know Cornersville has a good team, but not good enough this year.  City is starting to play some good football here in the mid-season, and they're motivated to finish it out with a statement win.  With Fall break coming week after next, it will allow some IRs needed recovery time as well.   

• Like 1