Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

11 hours ago, Southtowner said:

What is this mess Varo?

Yall still trying to not play by the rules? :-)

ST, You know how when you touch a hot skillet and say "ouch!" , then a few minutes later, you touch it again?  Yeah, well it's not like that.  We are crossing t's and dotting i's to make sure we don't get burned again, like everyone should.  But, there are shooters on the grassy knoll still doing what they can to screw over our coach and/or our school.  You young'uns born after 1990 can Google what "grassy knoll" refers to.  All the boys can do is take care of business on the field and let the adults mess it up. 

And yes, your other comment--we need to maintain self-control and not allow the refs to dictate our tempo.  I don't know how many yards of offense have been negated because of a flag.  And the kicking game for the Tigers?  It's only half there.  That could be the only drawback to making this team a complete one, and a weapon we're missing right now.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

I am seeing 128 passing for MTCS. Not sure how accurate that is. That is with an all American QB. Look him up. Aden Hooper is his name. Not sure if FC has one of those.

Has he been injured?  When I look up MTCS it seems like they have a 2-4 record.  MTCS lost to Howard worse than they lost to Cornersville, I think?  I'm sure they are fine young men at Howard but their football record is not great this year.  How does a worldbeater of a QB not garner better results?  I'm sincerely not provoking a feud.  I am uninformed and curious. 

I do believe there are multiple QBs at Fayettteville that can equal  MTCS's success with the TEAM we have.

Best wishes on a great game and good health for all involved.  The Bulldogs always have some tough players who get great coaching.  Win or lose I think we are all going to see some outstanding football!

1 hour ago, GreatTiger said:

Has he been injured?  When I look up MTCS it seems like they have a 2-4 record.  MTCS lost to Howard worse than they lost to Cornersville, I think?  I'm sure they are fine young men at Howard but their football record is not great this year.  How does a worldbeater of a QB not garner better results?  I'm sincerely not provoking a feud.  I am uninformed and curious. 

I do believe there are multiple QBs at Fayettteville that can equal  MTCS's success with the TEAM we have.

Best wishes on a great game and good health for all involved.  The Bulldogs always have some tough players who get great coaching.  Win or lose I think we are all going to see some outstanding football!

On your MTCS question - QB is good and has not been injured. We are 2-4; one is a COVID loss; WHH (4A) lost by 3 could have won in the last moment, pass tipped and iNT. Won against FC 21 - 0. Howard loss (by 7) - we were off, did not play well as a whole. Chatt. Grace good game, but lost our starting running back, torn ACL. DCA - COVID Loss. Corn Loss (by 6) - 7 dropped passes (hit them in the hands / chest) 2 receivers gave up on route and he overthrew. 1st game without out starting RB, trying to figure things out.

Believe City wins this match up

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

On your MTCS question - QB is good and has not been injured. We are 2-4; one is a COVID loss; WHH (4A) lost by 3 could have won in the last moment, pass tipped and iNT. Won against FC 21 - 0. Howard loss (by 7) - we were off, did not play well as a whole. Chatt. Grace good game, but lost our starting running back, torn ACL. DCA - COVID Loss. Corn Loss (by 6) - 7 dropped passes (hit them in the hands / chest) 2 receivers gave up on route and he overthrew. 1st game without out starting RB, trying to figure things out.

Believe City wins this match up

Will agree there were several dropped passes that were VERY catchable balls. He had a couple of throws that looked like at the last second he wanted to go somewhere else, but other than that, impressive young man. They have played some very close games for sure. Tough team.

Also, I think we were trying to drain clock to keep him off the field as much as possible. Can't be certain on that, but just an outsider looking in.

Edited by Jobres76

On 9/29/2020 at 7:20 PM, Jobres76 said:

I am seeing 128 passing for MTCS. Not sure how accurate that is. That is with an all American QB. Look him up. Aden Hooper is his name. Not sure if FC has one of those.

You lose credibility if you try to use the USFA 8-man football "All-American game" to say someone is an All-American level player. Fayetteville's little private school,  RCA, plays in that same league and on almost an annual basis has players selected for the "All-American game" who wouldn't even be starters at City or Lincoln County. 

Big game.

If Fayetteville wins they wrap up the Region 5- 1A title.  It's that simple.  But hold on a minute if you will.

Last year, as you may recall, having all the region games front loaded into the schedule, hurt Fayetteville in so much as they had to forfeit them all.  Now, this year, in spite of Covid lurking and rearing its ugly head every now and again somewhere, City will have completed their region schedule with this game Friday night with 3 weeks remaining.  Complete turnaround?   Not so fast my friends.

This game has the makings of dashing the hopes, breaking the hearts, altering the minds and even destroying the souls of the Tiger faithful.  Why?  I see this game being won by the home team.  That's right.  I believe that the Corn Dawgs and their rowdy crazed Frog Bottom crowd will overwhelm the Tigers and will rule the night.  Which will send City back to Fayetteville with their tail hanging by a single thread.  

This will ultimately cause Region 5 Class 1A to end of in a 3 way tie between Cornersville,  Fayetteville and Moore County all at a 5-1 clip in the region standings.

And with Gordonsville the Blue Tiger up next for these City Tigers, well, that will drop Fayetteville to a best 8-2 record at seasons end. 

Both Moore County and Cornersville wins out and finishes at 9-1.  Thereby giving Moore County the region title by virtue of their head to head win over Cornersville.  

Impossible?  Absolutley Not.  

Possible? Absolutely Yes.

Probable? If God is willing, I'm sure to find out first hand.   I have set my GPS to Frog Bottom and if the Dawgs lose (they have lost everytime I have attended a game of theirs but they were never the home team), I'm sure I'll be R-U-N-N-O-F-T and never be an honorary member of the Frog Bottom Brotherhood Society.  

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Big game.

If Fayetteville wins they wrap up the Region 5- 1A title.  It's that simple.  But hold on a minute if you will.

Last year, as you may recall, having all the region games front loaded into the schedule, hurt Fayetteville in so much as they had to forfeit them all.  Now, this year, in spite of Covid lurking and rearing its ugly head every now and again somewhere, City will have completed their region schedule with this game Friday night with 3 weeks remaining.  Complete turnaround?   Not so fast my friends.

This game has the makings of dashing the hopes, breaking the hearts, altering the minds and even destroying the souls of the Tiger faithful.  Why?  I see this game being won by the home team.  That's right.  I believe that the Corn Dawgs and their rowdy crazed Frog Bottom crowd will overwhelm the Tigers and will rule the night.  Which will send City back to Fayetteville with their tail hanging by a single thread.  

This will ultimately cause Region 5 Class 1A to end of in a 3 way tie between Cornersville,  Fayetteville and Moore County all at a 5-1 clip in the region standings.

And with Gordonsville the Blue Tiger up next for these City Tigers, well, that will drop Fayetteville to a best 8-2 record at seasons end. 

Both Moore County and Cornersville wins out and finishes at 9-1.  Thereby giving Moore County the region title by virtue of their head to head win over Cornersville.  

Probable? If God is willing, I'm sure to find out first hand.   I have set my GPS to Frog Bottom and if the Dawgs lose (they have lost everytime I have attended a game of theirs but they were never the home team), I'm sure I'll be R-U-N-N-O-F-T and never be an honorary member of the Frog Bottom Brotherhood Society.  

I like how you think. 

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Big game.

Dad burn it, what is this mess? I invited you up before but had not thought about the other two times you attended a Randolph man's game and the losses that came with it, one of those being FC last season. 

In all seriousness, I will be there around six setting up radio equipment and would love to meet up.

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Big game.

In addition to the awesome Cornersville crowd, I think you will have the majority of the Moore Co fan base there rooting for Cornersville for the reasons you mentioned and the fact they are off this week. It will be an extremely difficult for a young City team to play in, but I will be there pulling for City regardless.

My hope is for another good region game where no one gets hurt. I also hope the adults act like the adults and let the kids be the kids. I am guilty myself in getting to wrapped up in the game and acting like an idiot. That’s not an example I want to set. It also takes away from the actual game when people leave talking more about the fans than the game. The weather should be perfect. Hope we see a good one tonight!