Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

15 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Big game.

If Fayetteville wins they wrap up the Region 5- 1A title.  It's that simple.  But hold on a minute if you will.

Last year, as you may recall, having all the region games front loaded into the schedule, hurt Fayetteville in so much as they had to forfeit them all.  Now, this year, in spite of Covid lurking and rearing its ugly head every now and again somewhere, City will have completed their region schedule with this game Friday night with 3 weeks remaining.  Complete turnaround?   Not so fast my friends.

This game has the makings of dashing the hopes, breaking the hearts, altering the minds and even destroying the souls of the Tiger faithful.  Why?  I see this game being won by the home team.  That's right.  I believe that the Corn Dawgs and their rowdy crazed Frog Bottom crowd will overwhelm the Tigers and will rule the night.  Which will send City back to Fayetteville with their tail hanging by a single thread.  

This will ultimately cause Region 5 Class 1A to end of in a 3 way tie between Cornersville,  Fayetteville and Moore County all at a 5-1 clip in the region standings.

And with Gordonsville the Blue Tiger up next for these City Tigers, well, that will drop Fayetteville to a best 8-2 record at seasons end. 

Both Moore County and Cornersville wins out and finishes at 9-1.  Thereby giving Moore County the region title by virtue of their head to head win over Cornersville.  

Impossible?  Absolutley Not.  

Possible? Absolutely Yes.

Probable? If God is willing, I'm sure to find out first hand.   I have set my GPS to Frog Bottom and if the Dawgs lose (they have lost everytime I have attended a game of theirs but they were never the home team), I'm sure I'll be R-U-N-N-O-F-T and never be an honorary member of the Frog Bottom Brotherhood Society.  

Nailed It!! Except City already lost to Marion Co. So the Gordonsville/City game doesn’t matter 

I believe Moore and Cornersville still have 3 region games left after tonight.  If City does not win it outright tonight,  both Moore and Cornersville still have to play Huntland and a healthy Huntland team could be a problem for both.  I am behind my City guys 100% tonight.  Win tonight and none of it matters.  GO TIGERS!!!