Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

22 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Can FC throw and catch?  Or are they run heavy?  I know Corn is run heavy, but can throw if needed

@PiRaTe._.MiKe My opinion is that we are balanced between the two, but I'm no expert.  Both phases do complement each other.  I don't know what the plan will be for Cornersville, but I would guess their safeties are suspect if MTCS put 200 on them in the air.  On the other hand, if they play deep coverage with their linebackers, that would open up some run lanes.  Pick your poison. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Varo said:

@PiRaTe._.MiKe My opinion is that we are balanced between the two, but I'm no expert.  Both phases do complement each other.  I don't know what the plan will be for Cornersville, but I would guess their safeties are suspect if MTCS put 200 on them in the air.  On the other hand, if they play deep coverage with their linebackers, that would open up some run lanes.  Pick your poison. 

I am seeing 128 passing for MTCS. Not sure how accurate that is. That is with an all American QB. Look him up. Aden Hooper is his name. Not sure if FC has one of those.

8 hours ago, Varo said:

On a side note to this game, last week's matchup b/w Richland and City was one of the better officiated games--not a lot of yellow thrown on the field by that crew.  The only head-scratcher was an off-setting unsportsmanlike penalty on BOTH teams prior to kickoff and coin toss.  I've heard that we (Fayetteville) are penalized at every away game we've played because we don't have white away jerseys.  Coaching staff of the teams we've played on the road have talked and agreed before-hand about this non-issue.    Supposedly, someone "at TSSAA" told the refs before the game to give each team a penalty, even though Coach Morson told them it wasn't fair to penalize Richland. 

We don't have White jerseys--they won't be delivered until some time at the end of October.  Whichever company we ordered from is filling orders of schools/states that aren't even playing!  This game Friday we will be penalized again. What that means is that if a second unsportsmanlike occurs, that will cause an ejection.  What I want to know is, who's driving this excessive scrutiny?

I wondered why we were wearing white at the Marion Co game. I don't see it as an issue if the home team is ok with it. I went back to watch the film because I didn't remember if they assessed a penalty. The kickoff wasn't on the video but our first play is from the 20. 

9 hours ago, Varo said:

On a side note to this game, last week's matchup b/w Richland and City was one of the better officiated games--not a lot of yellow thrown on the field by that crew.  The only head-scratcher was an off-setting unsportsmanlike penalty on BOTH teams prior to kickoff and coin toss.  I've heard that we (Fayetteville) are penalized at every away game we've played because we don't have white away jerseys.  Coaching staff of the teams we've played on the road have talked and agreed before-hand about this non-issue.    Supposedly, someone "at TSSAA" told the refs before the game to give each team a penalty, even though Coach Morson told them it wasn't fair to penalize Richland. 

We don't have White jerseys--they won't be delivered until some time at the end of October.  Whichever company we ordered from is filling orders of schools/states that aren't even playing!  This game Friday we will be penalized again. What that means is that if a second unsportsmanlike occurs, that will cause an ejection.  What I want to know is, who's driving this excessive scrutiny?

What is this mess Varo?

Yall still trying to not play by the rules? :-)

I can see this game coming down to extra points.  Fayetteville goes for 2 each time.  If Cornersville can kick maybe they'll pull it out.  Also, Fayetteville has always been their worse enemy at times.  Meaning,  they self destruct at the most inopportune time.  

So, I'm thinking flags and extra point conversions will be the deciding factor. 

It's either this game or the Bledsoe County @ Jasper game I'll be attending.  I hate the thought of giving Jasper any gate money after our game was canceled.  So we will see.

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I can see this game coming down to extra points.  Fayetteville goes for 2 each time.  If Cornersville can kick maybe they'll pull it out.  Also, Fayetteville has always been their worse enemy at times.  Meaning,  they self destruct at the most inopportune time.  

So, I'm thinking flags and extra point conversions will be the deciding factor. 

It's either this game or the Bledsoe County @ Jasper game I'll be attending.  I hate the thought of giving Jasper any gate money after our game was canceled.  So we will see.

Cornersville could possibly have one of the best kickers in the state. I personally witnessed him kicking 45 yards with room

Edited by Raider2021

1 minute ago, Raider2021 said:

Cornersville could possibly have one of the best kickers in the state. I personally witnessed him kicking 45 yards with room

Good to know.

We have a freshman that is doing a phenomenal job.   A lot of folks including me are high on the young man.  Not to knock anyone but kickers are few and far between at SP.