Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

14 hours ago, 93grad said:

This game should mean the region title for City.  I don't think Cornersville can play 4 quarters with Fayetteville.  Too much speed and too many skill guys.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's close early since it's at Cornersville but City will be be playing for more than just a w.  28-13 City.  

A "Wiseman" told me one time do not count your chickens before they hatch. 

8 minutes ago, oldraiderfan said:

I think this game come's down to who want's it most, But  being's Corn has home field advantage , this could very well be the edge for a Corn win.. F C has a lot of speed but Corn contain's well, should be a very good ballgame, I give the edge to Corn 21 to 14 over F C ..

There's a lot to be said about home field advantage, but fans are fickle and can turn on a dime when things don't go the way they want.  Not enough ground game?  Not enough passing?  Too long to call a play?  Players confused and coaches have to burn a timeout?  Big play by the other team at a crucial moment, or at any time?  The refs stopping us or favoring the other team?  That happens then it's crickets, and there is no home field advantage, or God forbid, the Boo-birds come out.  

Take it out of the fans' hands and pile it on these teenagers.  The kids themselves underestimating the opponent or taking too much stock in their press clippings or what the team did the year(s) before.  With few exceptions, each year brings new players and new strengths as well as weaknesses to each program, no matter how good historically a program has been.

The good thing about our City team is that we (with a few exceptions) have been the underdogs for this year and definitely last year, and we have punched other teams in the mouth and taken wins no-one (esp. on the T) thought we could or would win.  We have our own high expectations of success, and the coaches have molded a team where a lot of different players are contributing--not just getting minutes.  That's what makes the difference in high school ball;  the team result should be the end-all.  The team wins because the Defense scores or gets a turnover, Special Teams makes a statement, the Offense adapts and exploits, it's not one player hoping for a scout to sniff out their highlight reels.  It's a TEAM win for the school.  And that's what's going to be the difference come Friday.  City Tigers 30 Corn-Dawgs 7.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Varo said:

There's a lot to be said about home field advantage, but fans are fickle and can turn on a dime when things don't go the way they want.  Not enough ground game?  Not enough passing?  Too long to call a play?  Players confused and coaches have to burn a timeout?  Big play by the other team at a crucial moment, or at any time?  The refs stopping us or favoring the other team?  That happens then it's crickets, and there is no home field advantage, or God forbid, the Boo-birds come out.  

Take it out of the fans' hands and pile it on these teenagers.  The kids themselves underestimating the opponent or taking too much stock in their press clippings or what the team did the year(s) before.  With few exceptions, each year brings new players and new strengths as well as weaknesses to each program, no matter how good historically a program has been.

The good thing about our City team is that we (with a few exceptions) have been the underdogs for this year and definitely last year, and we have punched other teams in the mouth and taken wins no-one (esp. on the T) thought we could or would win.  We have our own high expectations of success, and the coaches have molded a team where a lot of different players are contributing--not just getting minutes.  That's what makes the difference in high school ball;  the team result should be the end-all.  The team wins because the Defense scores or gets a turnover, Special Teams makes a statement, the Offense adapts and exploits, it's not one player hoping for a scout to sniff out their highlight reels.  It's a TEAM win for the school.  And that's what's going to be the difference come Friday.  City Tigers 30 Corn-Dawgs 7.  

I will agree with 95% of your comment.  Well stated and too the point!  But just can't agree with that last part of the comment.  I may be wrong but I don't see that kind of difference in score either way.  Like I said, I may be wrong, but I will say good luck the rest of the way, well after October 2nd.  Go Dawgs!

28 minutes ago, Varo said:

Funny how you were awful quite before the Moore Co game. Must be a Bama fan. 

46 minutes ago, rnorris92 said:

I will agree with 95% of your comment.  Well stated and too the point!  But just can't agree with that last part of the comment.  I may be wrong but I don't see that kind of difference in score either way.  Like I said, I may be wrong, but I will say good luck the rest of the way, well after October 2nd.  Go Dawgs!

My rationale is I'm counting on the offense being able to put some points on the board, and the defense contributing 6 as well.

43 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Funny how you were awful quite before the Moore Co game. Must be a Bama fan. 

I have been quiet, kinda just watching and seeing how this team and season develops.  Our own game page Moore/City only went 8 pages, and 4 of those were updates during the game and comments afterwards.  Us little fellers can't seem to generate much discussion like in years past.  Not like our SP friends that will put up 20 pages and they're not even playing!  

I'm not a fair weather fan--i'm there win or lose, and have been since '12.  Sometimes I'm a little more cocky, sometimes I just want to see how things play out.  So far this year, there's been a lot of crow served up, but if you're not willing to go out on a ledge, you can't see how far the drop off is.

And @Raider2021, I'm not just a City Tiger Orange, I'm also a VFL.  Go Vols!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Speed kills but a solid defense will find a way to make a stop.  Tough call on this one.  

I agree speed kills ,And tough call is right, but with Corn home field advantage I do believe this one goes to the Corn..I may very well be wrong but it is what it is..

Edited by oldraiderfan