Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

7 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Yes, I was shocked your defense made a few big time stops especially there at the end.  Kudos to them.  The young RB, after your starter got ejected, did a great job of turning the corner running for the first down marker.   He could have ran out of bounds but had the football sense to get the first down.  Kudos to him. 

It appeared he took the Fayetteville player to Suplex City after the whistle or close enough to it to call a penalty.  It was the right call.  The punches were then thrown (I couldn’t tell if any actually landed), but the big issue was the players that left the sideline to participate.  

I believe Jackson is the freshman starter for City and wasn't the one that got ejected. The kid can scoot.    And you're right Fayetteville had two huge stops there in the 4th quarter when everything had completely turned against them.  

13 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I believe Jackson is the freshman starter for City and wasn't the one that got ejected. The kid can scoot.    And you're right Fayetteville had two huge stops there in the 4th quarter when everything had completely turned against them.  

You are right about Jackson. He shares the load with Pace, who got ejected. I hear them called thunder and lightning. Both great backs. 

29 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Yep Jackson can flat out run.  Was it Pace that got slammed?  Or the QB?  I can’t remember.  

Pace was playing the QB out of the wildcat, and tried the keeper around right end. Cornersville had it played well and stacked him up, but after the whistle blew Pace got body slammed.

5 hours ago, GaelTider said:

Pace was playing the QB out of the wildcat, and tried the keeper around right end. Cornersville had it played well and stacked him up, but after the whistle blew Pace got body slammed.

Ah ok yeah I was told they love to run wildcat alot.  I seen a lot of unnecessary false starts and delay of games.  Fayetteville seemed to get tired late in the game and lightly jogged onto the field with only 10 seconds on the play clock.  They need to fix that if they want to be a contender in the playoffs.  As far as Cornersville, everyone in the stadium knows what they will be running by the way they line up, which wasn’t anything fancy, just a full house backfield with not much misdirection.  

45 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Ah ok yeah I was told they love to run wildcat alot.  I seen a lot of unnecessary false starts and delay of games.  Fayetteville seemed to get tired late in the game and lightly jogged onto the field with only 10 seconds on the play clock.  They need to fix that if they want to be a contender in the playoffs.  As far as Cornersville, everyone in the stadium knows what they will be running by the way they line up, which wasn’t anything fancy, just a full house backfield with not much misdirection.  

Valid criticism against cornersville, but even if you know what they’re running you still have to be more physical than them to stop it. 9/10 nobody can out-physical them 

Edited by GODAWGS89

Question: the player who got ejected from city who was ineligible to play until wk 8? With him being ejected does that mean he participated in a game before being eligible? Is there a rule if a non participant of the contest acts in physical contact on the playing service then they are suspended for a year? We are hearing from a hornet flying around that these questions are being ask to TSSAA

Edited by Raider2021

27 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Question: the player who got ejected from city who was ineligible to play until wk 8? With him being ejected does that mean he participated in a game before being eligible? Is there a rule if a non participant of the contest acts in physical contact on the playing service then they are suspended for a year? We are hearing from a hornet flying around that these questions are being ask to TSSAA

Nobody who was ineligible until week 8 played in the game. They were both in street clothes on the sideline. I was sitting behind their mom. Are you saying they were ejected for stepping onto the field and that should mean they participated in the game when they weren’t even dressed out? That’s ridiculous. These kids have done everything the right way and patiently waited for a chance to play a few games. One is a senior. It is outrageous that grown people that are our opponents would be trying to take that away from them. They weren’t fighting. It also doesn’t surprise that some of you are asking these questions to TSSAA. There are some who are constantly running to the TSSAA hoping they can get something to stick to City and hopefully take them down a notch. I hear people question the class of teenagers at City while themselves are acting like spoiled toddlers and being the opposite men with class and integrity. I understand though. Trying to get the TSSAA to take wins away from City is the only anyone in Region 5 can get a win against us the last 2 years.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Nobody who was ineligible until week 8 played in the game. They were both in street clothes on the sideline. I was sitting behind their mom. Are you saying they were ejected for stepping onto the field and that should mean they participated in the game when they weren’t even dressed out? That’s ridiculous. These kids have done everything the right way and patiently waited for a chance to play a few games. One is a senior. It is outrageous that grown people that are our opponents would be trying to take that away from them. They weren’t fighting. It also doesn’t surprise that some of you are asking these questions to TSSAA. There are some who are constantly running to the TSSAA hoping they can get something to stick to City and hopefully take them down a notch. I hear people question the class of teenagers at City while themselves are acting like spoiled toddlers and being the opposite men with class and integrity. I understand though. Trying to get the TSSAA to take wins away from City is the only anyone in Region 5 can get a win against us the last 2 years.

Did not mean to upset anyone just asked a question of how they got ejected by a ref if they did not participate? Is the consequences still the same? I personally dont care just heard some questions this weekend for some others and thought i would ask. Seemed like there was some on this thread that would know. What are the consequences if a spectator charged the field and got in a altercation with another player? 

7 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Did not mean to upset anyone just asked a question of how they got ejected by a ref if they did not participate? Is the consequences still the same? I personally dont care just heard some questions this weekend for some others and thought i would ask. Seemed like there was some on this thread that would know. What are the consequences if a spectator charged the field and got in a altercation with another player? 

That was not the question that you asked first off so dont REWORD it now. I dont believe any spectator as you say got into an altercation with another player.. may need to revisit the tapes to see what other CORNERSVILLE PLAYERS ACTUALLY put HANDS-ONon the CITY TIGERS pretty sure it was definately more than #40... and if you dont care, then let those wondering minds ask the questions that they want the answers to so badly.. js

Edited by Tyty2020
  • Upvote 1