Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

2 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

No disrespect and I know that it is your opinion but I would not say that "Cornersville started it."  Once again, I know that it is your opinion, but you nor I was in the game, did not play so therefore we do not know who started what.  This back and forth went on the whole game.  I told the people around me that the game was going to get out of hand since the first quarter.  

It was going back and forth the whole game. Every play was extra pushing and shoving along with jawing at each other.  I knew the game would be highly competitive and hotly contested.  It was one of the reasons I attended the game and the fact I'd never been to Cornersville.  Who started it?  It started when the whistle blew to start the game.  Really it started before that.  

• Like 1

It doesn't help that opposing players still use the "N" word at our players, or the C'ville sidelines/fans hooting/making monkey noises at our players.  It's 2020, but there are still a lot of people stuck in the '50's. And it happens more than you'd expect.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Varo said:

It doesn't help that opposing players still use the "N" word at our players, or the C'ville sidelines/fans hooting/making monkey noises at our players.  It's 2020, but there are still a lot of people stuck in the '50's. And it happens more than you'd expect.

I just hope we get another shot at you guys. I think if we do we may have a different outcome. 

2 hours ago, Varo said:

Really????? You do realize that the HEAD COACH is African-American right? Not saying it didn't happen, especially from SOME fans possibly, but as a whole not happening. I for one am tired of being lumped into anything race related. I know many of the players and many of the people in the stands and the majority of the coaches and can BOLDLY say that they are not racist. From where I was sitting, didn't hear any of what you mentioned. I heard a lot of screaming and yelling. To lump everyone together as you did is a disrespect to the entire Cornersville community. I don't usually get too worked up over these forums, but you sir have worked me up. Met you last year and you are a nice guy, but this needs some editing. You must have excellent hearing if you heard any of that from where you were during the game, especially if you could make it out over all the noise being produced from both sides.

You want to talk about disrespect from a team, as we were leaving YOUR place last year, having FC players and fans come out and direct toward our players, coaches, and fans "YOU F'IN LOST" as we were heading to our vehicles. That isn't word of mouth, I witnessed and heard it along with MANY others. 

Neither of the teams are saints by any means and there is stuff that happens on the field both ways that we as fans do not know about, so don't make the FC players out to be "perfect" because they aren't without fault, just like EVERY other high school team in the country. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

Really????? You do realize that the HEAD COACH is African-American right? Not saying it didn't happen, especially from SOME fans possibly, but as a whole not happening. I for one am tired of being lumped into anything race related. I know many of the players and many of the people in the stands and the majority of the coaches and can BOLDLY say that they are not racist. From where I was sitting, didn't hear any of what you mentioned. I heard a lot of screaming and yelling. To lump everyone together as you did is a disrespect to the entire Cornersville community. I don't usually get too worked up over these forums, but you sir have worked me up. Met you last year and you are a nice guy, but this needs some editing. You must have excellent hearing if you heard any of that from where you were during the game, especially if you could make it out over all the noise being produced from both sides.

You want to talk about disrespect from a team, as we were leaving YOUR place last year, having FC players and fans come out and direct toward our players, coaches, and fans "YOU F'IN LOST" as we were heading to our vehicles. That isn't word of mouth, I witnessed and heard it along with MANY others. 

Neither of the teams are saints by any means and there is stuff that happens on the field both ways that we as fans do not know about, so don't make the FC players out to be "perfect" because they aren't without fault, just like EVERY other high school team in the country. 

Very good post. I hope we get another shot at these guys. They got lucky the first game with us. Next time hopefully we will show up for four quarters. 

11 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

No disrespect and I know that it is your opinion but I would not say that "Cornersville started it."  Once again, I know that it is your opinion, but you nor I was in the game, did not play so therefore we do not know who started what.  This back and forth went on the whole game.  I told the people around me that the game was going to get out of hand since the first quarter.  

I agree it was back and forth and both sides were probably playing hard and talking a little more than they should have. I agree that the refs saw this happening and let it continue. My point with Cornersville starting it was a Cornersville player that took it to the level where it erupted. It is one thing to play to the maximum allowance of the whistle. It is another to cheap shot a guy after the whistle. If we had a guy that came in and speared one of your guys when he wasn’t looking after the whistle, it would be on City. That’s not what happened. It was the other way around. I am surprised that Cornersville fans think that is acceptable. I hope you have the same attitude if it happens to one of your guys. 

4 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

Very good post. I hope we get another shot at these guys. They got lucky the first game with us. Next time hopefully we will show up for four quarters. 

We been lucky 10 times in a row when we take the field against region 5. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Agree neither side is perfect. But in the same way you don’t want to be lumped in with Cornersville fans screaming racist things at our team, don’t lump the entire City fan base in with people saying ugly stuff to Cornersville. I think neither of the 2 things referenced should have happened. I can say that if our coach heard any of our players saying that, he wouldn’t have put up with it. Unfortunately, there are idiots in every fan base and they are usually the loudest. My wife took my kid to the bathroom shortly after the ejections and came back saying that there were Cornersville fans saying extremely ugly and expletive filled comments about our team. I have heard second hand racial slurs are regularly used against our kids on the field, and people on this forum referred to us as the ghetto/hood tigers. So I understand it goes both ways and ours are not saints but just because you didn’t hear those remarks from Cornersville people doesn’t mean it didn’t happen in the same way that I can’t say people didn’t run their mouth to Cornersville last year just because I didn’t hear it. And if you don’t want race to be brought up afterward, please ask your folks to quit bringing it up at and during the game. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

@Jobres76, yes sir, I do realize your coach is African-American, and I also know many of the players and the Fayetteville fans that attended the game.  I did not say that I personally heard the cat-calls or hooting by the Cornersville side, I said it happened.  A friend who works at J. Daniel's said coworkers mentioned it happened.  I know there were several Moore C. people there, so why would they lie?  I checked back to make sure, and that's what he said he was told.  There's bad apples in every basket, to lump everyone in that basket is not right, and that was not my intent.  I apologize to you if you were offended by that.

When you posted last year about what happened after our game, I was embarrassed, and I'm sorry that happened.  But like I said, there are bad apples everywhere.  In the closing minutes of our game last week, and after the horn, two teenagers walked back and forth behind the visitors stands and were doing exactly the same thing you said we did, except it wasn't "you F'in lost"  it was "You suck you F'ng Ash holes".  Repeatedly.  THAT wasn't second-hand;  I was on the back row two feet away from that sidewalk you have between the stands and the school building and was too slow getting my phone out to record them doing it.  

Bottom line, fan bases have lots of growing up to do, and as emotional as we can get about the kids on the field, we should learn to set a proper example for the little ones in the stands around us and the boys on the field.  Good luck to you the rest of the season. 

12 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

I agree it was back and forth and both sides were probably playing hard and talking a little more than they should have. I agree that the refs saw this happening and let it continue. My point with Cornersville starting it was a Cornersville player that took it to the level where it erupted. It is one thing to play to the maximum allowance of the whistle. It is another to cheap shot a guy after the whistle. If we had a guy that came in and speared one of your guys when he wasn’t looking after the whistle, it would be on City. That’s not what happened. It was the other way around. I am surprised that Cornersville fans think that is acceptable. I hope you have the same attitude if it happens to one of your guys. 

I never think that anything like that is acceptable to anyone/anywhere.  That player that caused all of that was taken care of (ejected from the game).  But to say that this all started because of that is asinine.  It was either going to be the player that tackled after the whistle or someone else.  You can't pinpoint the whole eruption just on that one play.  If you do then my friend, you need to watch football a little closer.  I have no disrespect towards you.  I do not know you.  But this was bound and determined to happen sometime but it was not started by that one Cornersville player.  

@Varo, I wholeheartedly agree that there are those fans that take the fun out of the game!  I did not hear the racist remark being made but I will say that if it was said and whoever said it needs a wake up call.  I did however hear a lot of swearing.  There isn't a place in high school football for all that.  We as people are better than that.  I will say that I believe #6 for you guys (after all of the ejections) helped one of the Cornersville players up after a tackle.  I told him "nice sportsmanship" and he gave me a thumbs up.  So I will say, kudos to that young man after everything that had previously went on. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Varo said:

@Jobres76, yes sir, I do realize your coach is African-American, and I also know many of the players and the Fayetteville fans that attended the game.  I did not say that I personally heard the cat-calls or hooting by the Cornersville side, I said it happened.  A friend who works at J. Daniel's said coworkers mentioned it happened.  I know there were several Moore C. people there, so why would they lie?  I checked back to make sure, and that's what he said he was told.  There's bad apples in every basket, to lump everyone in that basket is not right, and that was not my intent.  I apologize to you if you were offended by that.

When you posted last year about what happened after our game, I was embarrassed, and I'm sorry that happened.  But like I said, there are bad apples everywhere.  In the closing minutes of our game last week, and after the horn, two teenagers walked back and forth behind the visitors stands and were doing exactly the same thing you said we did, except it wasn't "you F'in lost"  it was "You suck you F'ng Ash holes".  Repeatedly.  THAT wasn't second-hand;  I was on the back row two feet away from that sidewalk you have between the stands and the school building and was too slow getting my phone out to record them doing it.  

Bottom line, fan bases have lots of growing up to do, and as emotional as we can get about the kids on the field, we should learn to set a proper example for the little ones in the stands around us and the boys on the field.  Good luck to you the rest of the season. 

It happened! It started when a city player was hurt close to the Cornersville sideline and a young man possibly an Ex-Football player that can’t let it go from Cornersville called him a P*ssy and told him to get off the field, the City fans near the concession stand herd him and started to tell there guys to not listen to them to play your game thats when the old guy from Cornersville started “Hooting”. It was quit an embarrassing situation!