Waverly at East Hickman

Trollin

I sure am glad we don’t have to play McEwen every week.  Lord had mercy on us because the fat boys there would just eat us alive.  They are sooo good.  You would think they are winning championships every single season.  How many district/region titles do they have now? Oh wait, they have all this supreme talent with a coach that has lost 2/3s of the games he has coached.  It’s sad that you have to come to waverly threads just to garner comments about the greatness of McEwen.  You all can’t even get people to brag on you in your own threads. We have about 10 or so waverly fans here then you.  The only McEwen fan with the mental fortitude to figure out how to get on the internet.  Good luck smart guy.  

3 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Not yet. Will know more today hopefully when Waverly talks to TSSAA

What in the world you think TSSAA will do. I doubt they step in and tell this team to sack up. It would be nice but doubtful. I am still in shock that a coach would accept a forfeit over playing ball. Who does that given the chance?  Especially as disadvantaged as waverly would be with zero work put into the game. If I had a kid on that team I would be livid at the lack of willingness to line up and earn the win. Only one reason, they are completely lacking trust in their teams abilities. 

3 minutes ago, MannBlue said:

What in the world you think TSSAA will do. I doubt they step in and tell this team to sack up. It would be nice but doubtful. I am still in shock that a coach would accept a forfeit over playing ball. Who does that given the chance?  Especially as disadvantaged as waverly would be with zero work put into the game. If I had a kid on that team I would be livid at the lack of willingness to line up and earn the win. Only one reason, they are completely lacking trust in their teams abilities. 

Well I do think TSSAA has a dog in this fight. I know they want every game to be played if possible. COVID keeps us from playing Friday but not Saturday. So play Saturday. It’s a region game. Makes sense to move. What’s funny is 90% of the state will move games from Friday to Thursday or Friday to Saturday if there is a chance of rain, but these cowards in East Hickman are just sorry. Working the system to get a win. They are basically doing what today’s society does. “Oh so I can work for it and earn it, or I can just say we can’t and they will give it to me anyway” What a sorry pos 

• Upvote 1

Oh I see what it is. East Hickman only has a 22% overall winning percentage. ZERO region wins this year. Add that Coach Austin has only ONE region win in his four years as a head coach. That wasnt even while at EH. He doesn’t trust himself to lead his team to a win. He is only 7/28 as a head coach. The bright spot is three of his seven wins is from this season. Come on coach buckle em up.  

Edited by MannBlue

4 minutes ago, MannBlue said:

Oh I see what it is. East Hickman only has a 22% overall winning percentage. ZERO region wins this year. Add that Coach Austin has only ONE region win in his four years as a head coach. That wasnt even while at EH. He doesn’t trust himself to lead his team to a win. He is only 7/28 as a head coach. The bright spot is three of his seven wins is from this season. Come on coach buckle em up.  

Sounds like the highlight of his career will be beating Waverly with a Covid win 1-0. 

How would you like the trivia question to be “how did coach Austin get his first region win”.

Well steve,  the answer is not that easy. Remember back when Covid was a thing. Well in coach’s second year he took a forfeit from a team that hadn’t practiced in two weeks due to quarantine. They couldn’t play Friday night but could Saturday. Well a coach Austin wasn’t having it. He took that win and ran to the house. 

• Upvote 2