Waverly at East Hickman

Trollin

The only way you get better is to play. In my opinion, coaches should prepare to achieve their goals... if your goal is to win four games, take the W. If your goal is to be as good as you can be and make a run at the end of the season, you play the game. Sends a subliminal message to your players no matter how you spin it.

Trollin,

Did Waverly make up their game with Fairview?  Did they not want to get better that week? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vandyman1010 said:

The only way you get better is to play. In my opinion, coaches should prepare to achieve their goals... if your goal is to win four games, take the W. If your goal is to be as good as you can be and make a run at the end of the season, you play the game. Sends a subliminal message to your players no matter how you spin it.

Trollin,

Did Waverly make up their game with Fairview?  Did they not want to get better that week? 

That's not Trollin's quote, that's mine. We also had a cancellation, forfeit W, or whatever they're calling it that wasn't made up. Sometimes you have no choice if you can't find an opponent.

Welcome to the 'T, by the way.

57 minutes ago, vandyman1010 said:

Trollin,

Fairview doesn’t have open availability. 

At the time Fairview had a lot of open slots.  Was willing to play anytime and anywhere but I didn't hear anyone calling you guys cowards or POS.... They got class.  Do you know if East could have all their players on Saturday to play.  I know my buddy has a kid on the team and he works every Saturday.  Just something to think about.  

Just now, vandyman1010 said:

At the time Fairview had a lot of open slots.  Was willing to play anytime and anywhere but I didn't hear anyone calling you guys cowards or POS.... They got class.  Do you know if East could have all their players on Saturday to play.  I know my buddy has a kid on the team and he works every Saturday.  Just something to think about.  

We worked hard with Fairview to reschedule but they had some other opportunities open they needed to ride out. Trust me what I say our coaches and players want to play. That’s why we are playing McEwen with zero practice. We want to play. East Hickman’s coach’s are cowards. If they wanted to play we would play. Anytime anywhere.  

2 minutes ago, vandyman1010 said:

Ok? None that matched with our open date. Believe me if we could play Fairview we would.  Bottom line is, it’s not about the Win or Loss at this point, it’s about playing the game to get better. We lost a crap ton of starters the day of the Scotts Hill game but went and played anyway with basically a Freshmen/Sophomore squad. It’s a Region game. You fight to play those games. East Hickman gave no reason as to why they would not play us on Saturday. They didn’t have to. We know the reason. They wanted the Region W because not playing us is the only way they were going to get it. If it was due to COVID on their end I’m sure they would have explained that. Truth is, they are taking the W. Their kids aren’t getting to play now and we had to find another game because we want to play. It’s obvious they don’t. 

6 minutes ago, vandyman1010 said:

That's not what we were told in Fairview.  I know they wanted Waverly bad and that got pushed aside.  Anyways, from what I can tell Coach Austin is doing a great job in a tough place to coach.  I doubt seriously he is a coward.  Your team couldn't play and its their fault?  Makes sense. 

Dude really? Fairview wanted to play but their Administration shut it down. The only open date Waverly had was Oct 9th, our Bye week. There was no option for us to play them again. Believe me. Our coaches and players would rather play Fairview then McEwen or Gibson Co and even East Hickman. East Hickman had the choice to not play Friday and get a W or schedule a Saturday game against a Waverly team that hasn’t practiced in 2 weeks. They took the W. That makes them COWARDS! If you don’t see that then you are blind. Coaches change games all the time bc of RAIN for crying out loud! And East Hickman couldn’t wait one day to make this game happen on a Saturday when Waverly was legal to play? Our sports were SHUT DOWN! Come on mannnnn

Edited by Trollin

3 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Ok? None that matched with our open date. Believe me if we could play Fairview we would.  Bottom line is, it’s not about the Win or Loss at this point, it’s about playing the game to get better. We lost a crap ton of starters the day of the Scotts Hill game but went and played anyway with basically a Freshmen/Sophomore squad. It’s a Region game. You fight to play those games. East Hickman gave no reason as to why they would not play us on Saturday. They didn’t have to. We know the reason. They wanted the Region W because not playing us is the only way they were going to get it. If it was due to COVID on their end I’m sure they would have explained that. Truth is, they are taking the W. Their kids aren’t getting to play now and we had to find another game because we want to play. It’s obvious they don’t. 

You must be on the staff at Waverly since you know so much about it.  I know this is the second half of the season and dates are slim.  I just don't think you know all the facts.  You guys still have to beat Riverside, so I wouldn't be polishing your district rings just yet.  

5 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Dude really? Fairview wanted to play but their Administration shut it down. The only open date Waverly had was Oct 9th, our Bye week. There was no option for us to play them again. Believe me. Our coaches and players would rather play Fairview then McEwen or Gibson Co and even East Hickman. East Hickman had the choice to not play Friday and get a W or schedule a Saturday game against a Waverly team that hasn’t practiced in 2 weeks. They took the W. That makes them COWARDS! If you don’t see that then you are blind. 

So you just had one date to play Fairview at week 2? Please... Anyways I'll go back to the 3A board. LOL.

3 minutes ago, vandyman1010 said:

You must be on the staff at Waverly since you know so much about it.  I know this is the second half of the season and dates are slim.  I just don't think you know all the facts.  You guys still have to beat Riverside, so I wouldn't be polishing your district rings just yet.  

I’m not actually. I was for several years at one point. I just know what I’m talking about. I know all the facts brother. You must be hearing hear say. I get my info from the horses mouth. Not the rumor mill. Y’all enjoy that 1st Region win in 3 years. Well deserved. Your coach is only hurting his players, especially those Seniors. Some Coach. If I was a player/parent I’d have so much resentment towards the coach. Coach is only trying to keep his job and using the Covid as a crutch like 1/3 of this Country. 

• Upvote 1