Waverly at East Hickman

Trollin

Ok.  I started reading this thread a bit ago and see more clearly as to what is happening.   

Realize I've only thought on this for a couple minutes but here goes.

With this being a Region game and region games being the ultimate decider as to how schools make the playoffs, then this game should be played Saturday whether East Hickman agrees or not.

You could also look at having each school cancel their Oct 23 non region games and reschedule this one.

If I were the TSSAA I would rule in favor of Waverly only because this is a region game and to me region games take precedence.  

Since both have a non region game Oct 23 then both could agree to reschedule. 

If one agrees to one and not the other and vice versa for the other school then the TSSAA could make the final decision.  But this could only happen since both have a non region game scheduled the same week.  If this option weren't available to these 2 schools or if any other schools face this issue then my ruling would be play the Region game Saturday or forfeit.   

Fair?  Maybe, maybe not. But with little time to view this issue and others that may arise this is my verdict as of now.

Your mileage may vary.  Carry on.

23 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Ok.  I started reading this thread a bit ago and see more clearly as to what is happening.   

Realize I've only thought on this for a couple minutes but here goes.

With this being a Region game and region games being the ultimate decider as to how schools make the playoffs, then this game should be played Saturday whether East Hickman agrees or not.

You could also look at having each school cancel their Oct 23 non region games and reschedule this one.

If I were the TSSAA I would rule in favor of Waverly only because this is a region game and to me region games take precedence.  

Since both have a non region game Oct 23 then both could agree to reschedule. 

If one agrees to one and not the other and vice versa for the other school then the TSSAA could make the final decision.  But this could only happen since both have a non region game scheduled the same week.  If this option weren't available to these 2 schools or if any other schools face this issue then my ruling would be play the Region game Saturday or forfeit.   

Fair?  Maybe, maybe not. But with little time to view this issue and others that may arise this is my verdict as of now.

Your mileage may vary.  Carry on.

Your opinion is always valued that’s why I asked. Don’t let your head swell :-D but your pretty intelligent when it comes to this stuff.

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

You are correct. 

Something wrong?

I’m not saying Waverly can’t win but if you look at their loses everyone is to a team with a winning record. They played union city very close   I just don’t think Waverly has the line this year to roll over teams like that. 

Edited by Orangecountry

Just now, Orangecountry said:

I’m not saying Waverly can’t win but if you look at their loses everyone is to a team with a winning record. They play union city very close   I just don’t think Waverly has the line this year to roll over teams like that. 

That’s your opinion man. I guess we will see. If they don’t we sure as heck ain’t making it to no semifinals unless the covid gets our opponents lol.

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

That’s your opinion man. I guess we will see. If they don’t we sure as heck ain’t making it to no semifinals unless the covid gets our opponents lol.

Gibson is like Mcewen. They will run the ball and eat clock. Waverly will score but they have to get the other team off the field maybe all that practice on the old chargers field this week gives them some magic.