Riverdale VS. Brentwood

Guest afzombie00

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One reason Riverdale hardly has to leave Murfreesboro for big games is because four region opponents are within 20 minutes of the school. Riverdale was in Mt. Juliet the night they won the region this season. Although MJ wasn't very good I consider this a big game. The Warriors WERE away from Murfreesboro that night. Through the playoffs, Riverdale won their region and had better records than their opponents, so they deserved the right to stay in Murfreesboro.

I am happy that the 5-A state title is staying in Middle Tenneessee. Good luck to both teams this should be a good battle between the 2 coaching staffs.

Hey "RIVERDALE", I respect your comments on this board and others but (and I know that talk is cheap and we are sitting at home but...) with all due respect the Smyrna game that you mentioned before was a game played under very different circumstances than the game that Riverdale played against them held. Beginning of the year trying to figure out our place compared to your region dominance issue. Just remember Gallatin does play in middle Tennessee and plays the top competion that will play us. The West Tenn. people just don't understand the competion level in the mid-state. But anyway congrats on your team getting to the big one,thanks. :D

Harry100, just wanted to let you know that the state championship game between two teams that do not offer financial aid to their players nor recruit will be played Saturday at 7:00. Riverdale will schedule anyone who does not offer financial aid to fill the remaining hole in their at the present 9 game schedule. Gallatin dropped Riverdale a few years ago, BTW. Moreover, Riverdale plays tough competition within Rutherford County alone. Oakland, Blackman, and Smyrna are top notch opponents (as far as not offering financial aid goes......those schools play the hand dealt to them).

Guest titansfan

riverdale, as everyone knows shouldnt be here right now they should of lost to blackman and dob bennet but they got lucky. so i dont know if luck will strike again for the warriors. brentwood= 5A state champions.

FireFly, real bright!

How in the world are you supposed to beat someone if you don't out play them? I'm sure that DB played to the best

of their ability and came up short because Riverdale was

the better team. For people who just don't understand football, you win by out playing your opponent. That's how this football thing works. Don't even think that Riverdale can beat Brentwood by just having 6 first downs like they did against DB, they better bring their A game, because Brentwood hasn't forgotten theirs all year.

This game should be a classic in my book. Brentwood knows how to get up for the big games and with a guy like Everson they are never far out of it. After playing against Everson you realize what a smart player he is. He doesn't make mistakes. he was 4-14 against us (Franklin) but he was still a threat. It seems Brentwood is being picked to win more and more. That being said I think that Riverdale will pull it out. They have home field advantage and they played on that turf. Belief me it is a whole new game on that stuff. I think Rankin will work that much harder so that he is not beaten by a former assistant. I'll be a classic and I'll probbly be there with some other Rebels.

Prediction Riverdale 24- Brentwood 20 maybe with OT