South Gibson @ Westview

CHARGERFAN

7 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, we shut down their run game completely (maybe 1 good run by a running back). Simpson tried passing, but most of the time he was running for his life from our rushers. He scrambled for one first down, as I recall. His passing was either off target or passes were dropped by his receivers. I only recall a couple of significant completions by Simpson. To say that our D dominated was a gross understatement.

Simpson was much more effective last year running QB draws, etc. against us. I assume that Coach Kirby watched the 2019 film and made sure that didn't happen this time.

Thanks, I can always count on you for quality info. I feel like we are going to something very similar. 

17 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

You do not see a 3 year starter at QB very often.... I know he a bunch of D1 offers...... When is he going to put the team on his shoulders and go 

Westview lost 3 offensive line starters 2 to knee injury and 1 transferred. QB has been running for his life the past 3 years. If Westview had the o- line they had years ago this team would be tuff to beat. If you can't move the ball and give your defense a break then your going to get beat. I think Westview starts 3 seniors, 3 juniors, and 5 sophomores on defense. They held Covington to 18 plays on the 1st drive before they scored and our offense went 3 and out then defense was on the field for 12 plays before Covington scored. It seemed like that way all night for the most part. Covington is good offensively but they are really good on defense.

Edited by GOCHARGERS
miss spelled team

4 hours ago, GOCHARGERS said:

Westview lost 3 offensive line starters 2 to knee injury and 1 transferred. QB has been running for his life the past 3 years. If Westview had the o- line they had years ago this team would be tuff to beat. If you can't move the ball and give your defense a break then your going to get beat. I think Westview starts 3 seniors, 3 juniors, and 5 sophomores on defense. They held Covington to 18 plays on the 1st drive before they scored and our offense went 3 and out then defense was on the field for 12 plays before Covington scored. It seemed like that way all night for the most part. Covington is good offensively but they are really good on defense.

Has Chad Clifton not had any kids yet? Im joking. Good post. We grinded yall on offense last year. I am expecting close to the same this year.