Week 8: The King’s Academy @ Oneida

crow

1 hour ago, crow said:

I don’t see a running clock. Gonna be a steep hill though. 

Kings is loaded this year. They have a 6’8 lineman who just flipped from auburn to Tennessee. A wide receiver committed to West Virginia with 2 quarterbacks that can throw it. Two more pretty stout lineman and multiple athletes that will spread the field including the running back and slot. 

I’ve heard the coaching over at Kings pretty BAD so it it might keep Oneida in the game for a little while. I know Oneida is known for there defense but I find it hard to believe they have the speed to slow that offense down. Running clock by the 4th is my prediction but I could be way off...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, PiddyDaFull said:

Kings is loaded this year. They have a 6’8 lineman who just flipped from auburn to Tennessee. A wide receiver committed to West Virginia with 2 quarterbacks that can throw it. Two more pretty stout lineman and multiple athletes that will spread the field including the running back and slot. 

I’ve heard the coaching over at Kings pretty BAD so it it might keep Oneida in the game for a little while. I know Oneida is known for there defense but I find it hard to believe they have the speed to slow that offense down. Running clock by the 4th is my prediction but I could be way off...

Met one of their coaches over the summer, he thought they would be pretty darn good. Think he was spot on. Oneida plays a good brand of D but there is only so much in scheming, sometimes you just don't have the Jimmy's and Joes.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Met one of their coaches over the summer, he thought they would be pretty darn good. Think he was spot on. Oneida plays a good brand of D but there is only so much in scheming, sometimes you just don't have the Jimmy's and Joes.

A good friend of mine who’s been coaching for decades always tells me, “X’s and O’s can’t fix jimmies and joes.”