Huntingdon @ Wayne County

09Wildcat

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to see Huntingdon in person for the first time last night. I’m not sure how they usually look but I thought they were impressive. Extremely fundamental, fast, strong, misdirection on offense that looks tough to deal with. #26 was the best player on the field IMO. #25 and #14 were tough too. I would assume they have a good shot to represent the west. 

Wayne looked good in the 1st quarter but penalties and silly mistakes like the safety after the goal line stand killed them. And they just didn’t have as many good players as Huntingdon did. 

Also saw a few SP guys there on the Wayne Co side. 

1 hour ago, Richmond30 said:

Got to see Huntingdon in person for the first time last night. I’m not sure how they usually look but I thought they were impressive. Extremely fundamental, fast, strong, misdirection on offense that looks tough to deal with. #26 was the best player on the field IMO. #25 and #14 were tough too. I would assume they have a good shot to represent the west. 

Wayne looked good in the 1st quarter but penalties and silly mistakes like the safety after the goal line stand killed them. And they just didn’t have as many good players as Huntingdon did. 

Also saw a few SP guys there on the Wayne Co side. 

Okay I have seen the Stang's twice ,gotta ask who your team is ? I ask because I can agree with some of your post except the "fast"  if this team is the best the west has as you allude to then it will be a Mercy rule Goldball game .Before everyone jumps in here from H Town and tries to fricassee my future grandchildren I will say you are young but to say the talent level "right now" is close to the last several years is absurd. 

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

Okay I have seen the Stang's twice ,gotta ask who your team is ? I ask because I can agree with some of your post except the "fast"  if this team is the best the west has as you allude to then it will be a Mercy rule Goldball game .Before everyone jumps in here from H Town and tries to fricassee my future grandchildren I will say you are young but to say the talent level "right now" is close to the last several years is absurd. 

I pull for Fayetteville City and wanted to get a real look at Huntingdon. I didn’t say they were as good as they usually are. I don’t know how good they usually are because this is the first time I have seen them. In the west, Lake Co is down and Region 5 has yet to prove anything in the playoffs. So I do think it is possible Huntingdon represents the west. I said they were fast because I saw #25 outrun the entire Wayne Co team twice. Also, #26 and #14 looked faster than anybody Wayne had. 

11 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

You ain’t gonna get any arguments over here. We are just a young team that we hope can click in the playoffs. I love the effort of this team.

18 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

No the Mustangs don't have game breaking speed, but overall we have good team speed. We're young, playing some freshmen which is very unusual for the Mustangs. We're the type team that has to sustain drives vs striking for long gainers. Last few years we had the type talent to compete with 3a teams, that's not the case this year. But we're a good 1a team which you'll have to come to play to have a chance to defeat us. This group of Mustangs work hard, play hard and are a bunch of winners!

32 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

No the Mustangs don't have game breaking speed, but overall we have good team speed. We're young, playing some freshmen which is very unusual for the Mustangs. We're the type team that has to sustain drives vs striking for long gainers. Last few years we had the type talent to compete with 3a teams, that's not the case this year. But we're a good 1a team which you'll have to come to play to have a chance to defeat us. This group of Mustangs work hard, play hard and are a bunch of winners!

True points,people forget highschool is typically 3 classes playing,the speed will be better next year I guarantee ! The thing I was impressed with was they never quit against Milan and never got frustrated and played dirty! 

47 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

You ain’t gonna get any arguments over here. We are just a young team that we hope can click in the playoffs. I love the effort of this team.

That's because you read the entire post before replying ! I meant right now ,next year that will change more speed coming up ! I wanna say this so hang with me ! If your coaching staff had coached like this previous years there would be alot more gold sitting in H Town