South Pittsburg @ Meigs County (Captain Victory vs Tiger King Fitz)

Southtowner

Just now, GHSblackhelmet said:

If SP defense would play like they did in the 3rd quarter they would win 1A,2A and get beat in the 4th round by Alcoa.

We didnt play good in the 3rd but no doubt they did. They would have been like that all game if we didnt play well. 

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I felt we outplayed South Pitt for quarters 1, 2, and 4. Quarter 3 definitely goes to them. Sp when clicking is an outstanding football team. They didnt have a bad game we just have a good team as well. Sometimes good teams are able to take you out of your rythm and that's what happened tonight I believe. 

I agree to a point. The point is we did a pretty good job taking ourselves out of it. Inside the 10 twice and about 5 or 6 penalties didn't help

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

I agree. Cookeville will be boring in 1A this year but 2A will be a ballgame. I’m really surprised how good Meigs is after the Swafford  era. Film doesn’t do you guys justice. 

Thanks man. Gonna ride this win all week. I'm glad it's over I've been nervous all week. Lol

Just now, team69 said:

I agree to a point. The point is we did a pretty good job taking ourselves out of it. Inside the 10 twice and about 5 or 6 penalties didn't help

We gave you the ball on about the 50 for 3 kickoffs lol. We didnt do ourselves many favors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I would probably kick your's if you would creep out from behind that keyboard. It's not guaranteed but I would give it all I got

My point is instead of an 80 yard field to drive everytime we scored but one all you needed was 50 yards. We have to fix that. Otherwise we played a good game and struggled the 3rd quarter. But we played nearly a complete game.

Just now, GHSblackhelmet said:

Not taking anything away from Meigs. Great game. But if South Pitt can reproduce that 3rd quarter D no one will come close

Your saying they only played to their potential for 1 quarter. I felt we didnt play to our potential that quarter and that's why what happened that quarter happened.

The Pirates loaded the wagon fer the battle between these two programs. Hopefully it will continue with a new contract. Congrats to Meigs on the “W”. Old Pirate has said many times, the Pirates struggle way too much with discipline. Tonight those tendencies were magnified and was the single driving force leading to the loss.  

Just now, sportman said:

And you should.  Glad to have a sensible conversation with you buddy. It's just a game and good Lord will He will give us another day tomorrow.

Absolutely man. I seen enough out of you guys to know you have a great football team. We both do. Just because you lost doesn't make your team bad. It just means you have to try next year.:thumb: The series is tied 1-1