Sullivan South vs Greeneville

timcraw

18 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No it’s not. You accused GreenEville of running up the score. They said the emptied the bench and pulled the starters early. They asked you what you would have done. You replied with something that can’t be done because it’s not within the rules. So you said make a new rule. GreenEville could not make a new rule and you know it. You are avoiding answering the question with a legit answer. GreenEville did not run up the score. They did everything they could to keep the scoring down and you know it. If there is something they could have done instead within reason please provide it. 

There is no reason to beat a team by that much. They should have put the middle schoolers in and told him to lie down and count sheep! (sarcasm of course. im in agreement with you)

• Upvote 1

It could be one of those courteous things. Many coach's like to keep the score within a reasonable stomp (less than 70 by far)  Because most high school programs have rebuilding year or two. Because God forbid we run the score up on a team knowing very well next 2 years we are rebuilding. Lol but if the freshman do the stomping. Then I just don't know what to say. Maybe reconsider replacing the schedule.

Every coach can do it how he likes as far as scoring with the subs.Unless it's inside of the one in the  last minute  with a huge lead ( that's where I would go into victory formation ) I'd let the backups play and learn. One time have I seen a coach do it the way some folks who would prefer not to keep score would do it, but it wasn't at this level.When one of my boys was at Robinson middle in the 7th I believe,they played a little VA school who had to use some younger kids  ,6th and 7th  graders to make up a team.I overheard those kids as they came out of Robinson's locker room.Man ! with facilities like this,you know they are going to be good.Coach Frye started the 2nd and 3rd team player's.I'll try to be as accurate as I can remember.He only let the starting players play a couple of plays on offense.Robinson had two long touchdown runs on those two plays.The game ended up 14-7 I believe.Those little VA boys were so excited as they left to have played such a great game without really knowing our coach had held back his horse's.I really don't know but In hindsight,he might not have let the starters dress out but he also owed it to them not to take a loss.I for one was very happy to let our boys go in because I hate to lose !! I remember saying,I'm all about being a good sport and all,but this game really tested my character to the max.

Well,AC has beat Greeneville in the past,so it's not impossible.Since the Devils have gotten on a roll,this is a very young team and just one of those learning years.If AC can't do it this year ,then as the great BVD said one time to my oldest son.I couldn't whip your old man when I was at my best and he was down,so your skinny arse won't ever be able to do it.